Author Topic: SEGA Live Action Movies Thread - "Of course I want a latte!"  (Read 106820 times)

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
Re: SEGA Live Action Movies Thread - "Of course I want a latte!"
« Reply #510 on: October 11, 2022, 11:48:08 am »
I guess that's the future.
Not AI generated, but a photo-realistic movie that's entirely CGI reminds me of Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within,
which is personally I'm not fond of it.

That Final Fantasy movie was an attempt at makingphoto-realistic CGI in 3D. But if AI these days are capable of making legitimate photo-realistic imagery through a single picture, imagine what it can do frame by frame with a 3D movie?"
AI generated music has been done by Yuzo Koshiro for Streets of Rage 3.
And compared to Streets of Rage and Streets of Rage 2, not saying it's bad but let's just say it's not as good as them.

I did not know AI music was experimented with so early.
Nah, it's more like a birth of new studio that specializes in video game franchises turned into movies.
That would be something given the turning interest of movies with video game adaptions.

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
« Reply #511 on: October 11, 2022, 08:35:20 pm »
That Final Fantasy movie was an attempt at makingphoto-realistic CGI in 3D. But if AI these days are capable of making legitimate photo-realistic imagery through a single picture, imagine what it can do frame by frame with a 3D movie?

Well... Animators would start losing their job.

I did not know AI music was experimented with so early.

It was based on recent interview (2019) so it's kinda understandable if only few have read it.

Redbull
: "How did you make these kinds of sounds on a PC88?"

Yuzo Khosiro
: "The way I made music changed dramatically for Streets of Rage 3.
Firstly, we changed from a PC88 to a 98.
To make the Streets of Rage sound on a 98, I first had to make a new music generation type program.
It was different to writing notes myself. I wrote conditions, kind of like with a programming language, and wrote programs that produced sound like that.
The sounds are created automatically, but you’d choose the best ones and paste it all together.
It’s really close to how techno music nowadays is made.
By making a new music generator program, I was able to create the new style sounds, which was what made the difference between 2 and 3."

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #512 on: October 12, 2022, 07:45:39 am »
Well... Animators would start losing their job.
I don't think they will. If anything it would make it easier for them if an AI took over half the work load for them. All 3D animators would have to do is animate a movie that the AI can recognize and convert to photo-realistic.

If anything it would be movie actors who could be harmed by this due to why hire famous movie actor like Tom Hanks when you can train an AI to recognize Tom Hanks, make photo-realistic footage of him from computer generated animation and get a voice actor or a voice modulator to sound like him? Actors will need to copy right their identity in order to keep work.

And photo-realistic CGI movies wouldn't put regular animation or live-action in the past, it would just be considered another form of art. Cinema's have been around longer than televisions and there are still people who prefer to go to the cinema to watch new movies over the available streaming services today.

Offline Berto

« Reply #513 on: October 12, 2022, 08:24:09 pm »
I don't think they will. If anything it would make it easier for them if an AI took over half the work load for them. All 3D animators would have to do is animate a movie that the AI can recognize and convert to photo-realistic.

If anything it would be movie actors who could be harmed by this due to why hire famous movie actor like Tom Hanks when you can train an AI to recognize Tom Hanks, make photo-realistic footage of him from computer generated animation and get a voice actor or a voice modulator to sound like him? Actors will need to copy right their identity in order to keep work.

And photo-realistic CGI movies wouldn't put regular animation or live-action in the past, it would just be considered another form of art. Cinema's have been around longer than televisions and there are still people who prefer to go to the cinema to watch new movies over the available streaming services today.

Yeah, but with the rise of streaming services, cinema's decline had already begun — COVID-19 simply bolstered the process.
Ticket sales are roughly 30% behind pre-pandemic levels in 2019, which thankfully is still pretty good considering the lack of movies hitting theaters.

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/07/29/media/movie-box-office-year/index.html

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #514 on: October 13, 2022, 08:48:46 am »
Yeah, but with the rise of streaming services, cinema's decline had already begun — COVID-19 simply bolstered the process.
Ticket sales are roughly 30% behind pre-pandemic levels in 2019, which thankfully is still pretty good considering the lack of movies hitting theaters.

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/07/29/media/movie-box-office-year/index.html
COVID-19 alone put a bullet in most social businesses. Pretty much made Sega pull out of the arcade business. Even if their numbers were dwindling before COVID they were still turning enough profit.

The cinema of course was hit hard with not just COVID but streaming services. But there are still people who prefer to watch new movies in the cinema with a huge screen over the comforts of their own home.

I like going to the cinema whenever a good movie is on. It's like a special day out with snacks, popcorn or Coca-cola. Some cinema-enthusiast regard cinemas as "magical places" given the traditions and nostalgia of the cinema itself.

Not saying there is nothing wrong with streaming services though, especially for those who don't have local cinemas or can watch the latest movies.
But whenever a new Sonic movie comes out, instead of streaming it ASAP, I arrange to meet my best friend in my old home town and we get to watch the movie together at the cinema and it's just good times that I can't have at streaming at home.

Offline Berto

« Reply #515 on: October 13, 2022, 09:10:55 pm »
COVID-19 alone put a bullet in most social businesses. Pretty much made Sega pull out of the arcade business. Even if their numbers were dwindling before COVID they were still turning enough profit.

The cinema of course was hit hard with not just COVID but streaming services. But there are still people who prefer to watch new movies in the cinema with a huge screen over the comforts of their own home.

I like going to the cinema whenever a good movie is on. It's like a special day out with snacks, popcorn or Coca-cola. Some cinema-enthusiast regard cinemas as "magical places" given the traditions and nostalgia of the cinema itself.

Not saying there is nothing wrong with streaming services though, especially for those who don't have local cinemas or can watch the latest movies.
But whenever a new Sonic movie comes out, instead of streaming it ASAP, I arrange to meet my best friend in my old home town and we get to watch the movie together at the cinema and it's just good times that I can't have at streaming at home.

Yeah, watching in cinema with friends or family are a lot more satisfying than doing that at home.
Of course if I was alone, I'd rather watch it at home but I have my own family now so going to cinema is more fun.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #516 on: October 14, 2022, 11:55:41 am »
Yeah, watching in cinema with friends or family are a lot more satisfying than doing that at home.
Of course if I was alone, I'd rather watch it at home but I have my own family now so going to cinema is more fun.
Yeah, going with friends or family is fun. Sometimes I go to the cinema by myself but it's not as fun I suppose.

Offline Berto

« Reply #517 on: October 16, 2022, 08:56:54 am »
Yeah, going with friends or family is fun. Sometimes I go to the cinema by myself but it's not as fun I suppose.

I did go by myself if it's an adult / mature movie if my friends or my wife weren't interested in it. I couldn't bring my kids along with me too anyway.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #518 on: October 16, 2022, 10:42:43 am »
I did go by myself if it's an adult / mature movie if my friends or my wife weren't interested in it. I couldn't bring my kids along with me too anyway.
But if there is a family or action movie, isn't it more fun to bring your family along and share it with them than to watch it alone.

Heck I never expected at all the mid-credit teaser of Sonic 2 to be related to Project Shadow. That was such a shocker to me and I get to gossip about it with my best friend at the time. It was awesome!

Offline Berto

« Reply #519 on: October 16, 2022, 08:59:08 pm »
But if there is a family or action movie, isn't it more fun to bring your family along and share it with them than to watch it alone.

Heck I never expected at all the mid-credit teaser of Sonic 2 to be related to Project Shadow. That was such a shocker to me and I get to gossip about it with my best friend at the time. It was awesome!

Yes. Since my kids love Sonic, I chose to watch with them instead of with my friends.
My wife who doesn't like both Sonic and Jim Carey thankfully enjoyed the movie and her favorite part was the wedding scene.
My cousins too love that wedding scene most.
The part that most Sonic fans wanted to be cut from the movie was turned out needed to keep the non Sonic fans entertained.
Also watching in Cinema (close to release date of course) usually kept us from spoilers.
Not that there is a plot twist to be kept secret this time but watching Tails and Shadow the first time in the movie was really nice.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #520 on: October 17, 2022, 07:05:17 am »
Yes. Since my kids love Sonic, I chose to watch with them instead of with my friends.
My wife who doesn't like both Sonic and Jim Carey thankfully enjoyed the movie and her favorite part was the wedding scene.
My cousins too love that wedding scene most.
The part that most Sonic fans wanted to be cut from the movie was turned out needed to keep the non Sonic fans entertained.
Also watching in Cinema (close to release date of course) usually kept us from spoilers.
Not that there is a plot twist to be kept secret this time but watching Tails and Shadow the first time in the movie was really nice.
Hm... interesting response to the scenes regarded least favourate to Sonic fans. I guess having these human moments are necessity to the plot for the non-Sonic fans.

Offline DrScottnik

« Reply #521 on: October 23, 2022, 01:47:48 am »
Super wholesome to see my Two Point Campus short included on this! Was so much fun to produce and hope to do more SEGA fan films soon.

Though it seems to be a dead link >_>

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #522 on: October 23, 2022, 09:21:57 am »
Super wholesome to see my Two Point Campus short included on this! Was so much fun to produce and hope to do more SEGA fan films soon.

Thank you for making said movie and for taking up time to come here respond to it.

I always appreciate Sega fan films. I myself has had ideas for a House of the Dead one, but I'm just a one guy.

Offline Berto

« Reply #523 on: October 23, 2022, 09:24:39 pm »

Ahh.. Thanks for telling me, I've update the link now.
I did enjoy this one and can't wait for more SEGA fan films from you, DrScottnik.
Thank you and keep up the good work!  :-D

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #524 on: October 24, 2022, 05:34:08 pm »
Ahh.. Thanks for telling me, I've update the link now.
I did enjoy this one and can't wait for more SEGA fan films from you, DrScottnik.
Thank you and keep up the good work!  :-D
There are a few fanfilm links I've been meaning to point out and to update.. but still waiting on that "Rage" fanfilm.

I know Ninja Kids remastered their Sonic movie video. They even made a Sonic vs Flash video.

Other than that, no new fan films to report.