Author Topic: Ghosts in Islamic faith?  (Read 5586 times)

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
Ghosts in Islamic faith?
« on: June 25, 2015, 09:54:11 am »
In the Islamic faith are their anything like ghosts? Hauntings? Or spirits that remain on earth? I looked online but couldn't find a definite answer. If no, are ghost 'sightings' statistically lower or even non-existent in Islamic countries?

Bit of a random question I know, but I don't post on any other forums and I know their are some Muslims here.
Made by SEGA

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Re: Ghosts in Islamic faith?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 10:18:39 am »
I believe there are Djinns if nothing else. (Basically Genies, I think?)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jinn

Jinn, jann or djinn  are supernatural creatures in Islamic mythology as well as pre-Islamic Arabian mythology. They are mentioned frequently in the Quran (the 72nd sura is titled SÅ«rat al-Jinn) and other Islamic texts and inhabit an unseen world called Djinnestan, another universe beyond the known universe. The Quran says that the jinn are made of a smokeless and "scorching fire",[1] but are also physical in nature, being able to interact in a tactile manner with people and objects and likewise be acted upon.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 10:36:37 am »
Yeah we don't believe in ghosts or spirits of those who have passed away but we do believe in Djinns.

Genies aren't like Djinns but the legend of the former originate from the latter. They're like fairies, have magical powers, can shapeshift but have no interaction with human society. In Islamic belief, the devil is a Djinn, though not all Djinns are evil.

Offline Sharky

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2015, 11:27:18 am »
Okay cool, so human spirit wise there are no 'ghosts' all the dead move on to the next place.

I did know about the Djinns. It says on wiki that Allah made the Djinns with free will, like humans, but they have a lot of powers like flying, moving fast and such. But it doesn't say why they were made? It's clear on why Angels and Humans and Animals were made but what is the purpose of the Djinn?
Made by SEGA

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2015, 11:37:17 am »
When Allah or whoever created them, he spun around in a circle three times, did a little dance, pointed to Djinns and said "I'm making tons of these guys".

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2015, 02:39:01 pm »
When Allah or whoever created them, he spun around in a circle three times, did a little dance, pointed to Djinns and said "I'm making tons of these guys".
Sound like he was having a great time.
SEG4GES

Offline Sharky

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2015, 05:42:34 pm »

Are you my girlfriend or something, because you sure hold onto shit.

Made by SEGA

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2015, 07:49:32 am »
Are you my girlfriend or something, because you sure hold onto shit.

It's just a joke, mang, you know I love you.
For real, we riff on each other a lot and don't agree with a lot of shit, but we agree on the important stuff (like Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia).

Offline cube_b3

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2015, 03:13:14 pm »
@ Aki-at: I didn't know we did not believe in ghosts. Why don't we believe in ghosts?
I will have to confirm this if we believe in the immortal spirit then ghosts is just a synonym really for a spirit without a body.

About the whole Dijin thing, we call them Jinn because the Di does not serve any real purpose except twisting the tongue.

According to Islamic mythology God has created universes and realities, Jinn are a known species from another universe. They tend to come to our realm. Kind of like that game... what was it called.... ummm... Soul Reaver.

For more info:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jinn

Offline pcm92

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2015, 08:58:37 pm »
I'm quite sure that was from Norse mythology. Not Islam.