Author Topic: Favorite Shenmue NPC?  (Read 14282 times)

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: Favorite Shenmue NPC?
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2012, 07:30:51 am »
Another Bad-ass NPC is Naoyuki Ito. The reason on why he is so bad-ass is because when Ryo go's and ask him for his bike alll Naoyuki says is sure. Dosn't even ask what for, what a good friend  :P. Also come one he lends you his bike  ;D

Also he's one of the few NPC's to have his name in the title of a song:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_UskwkeqYc[/youtube]

And it's a great song at that!

Offline JohnOfRage

• Total Meseta: 2
  • "Bare Knuckle"
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2012, 12:32:54 pm »
Wow I didn't realized that in the game lol. Thank You for showing me this!!! :)

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2012, 05:56:58 pm »
I'd agree with you on that one. I remember it took quite a few tries for me to pull it off before I really figured out the technique.

This is one sequence in the game that feels like you have to apply actual principles of martial arts and/or meditation... or at least a lot of focus!

Offline Nathan

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2012, 12:51:48 am »
This. ^

My favorites are Gui Zhang and Ren. As far as minor NPCs go, Goro, Kurita - san at the military surplus, and Naoyuki and Ichiro were all pretty cool.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2012, 04:10:41 pm »
You guys have touched upon a lot of classic characters.

Including some of the more obscure...

When I talk about this game with some of my buds, two characters almost always stand out... Ren and Guizhang. You are either on Team Ren or Team Guizhang. I go from one to another every once in a while.

I'm very partial to Shenhua. And it's kinda sad because we still barely know anything about her at this point. But there are so many unanswered questions towards her character and stuff.

Same goes with Joy. In the hands of a lesser developer, she would just be fanservice fodder, but in Shenmue II, she's a fully fleshed out character. When I started up Shenmue II for the very first time, she made an impact on me from the very start. When she brought Ryo over to the Guest House, I felt a genuine sense of "Wow, I'm a completely different place". I still want to figure out what she said the morning after...

Offline Nathan

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2012, 01:11:26 am »
According to translators at Shenmue Dojo years ago, she said something along the lines of "Did you dream last night?" or something.

And yes, Shenhua is a mysterious character. I'm most intrigues by the Chiyoumen leaders though, like Niao Sun and Ziming.

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2012, 10:45:53 pm »
Basically all of them.

Although I do really love the drunk guy in the striped shirt you see walking around at night. He had his own set of animations!

Mad props to all the grumpy old people too.

Ryo: "Excuse me"
Weird old man: "Whaaaaat?!? Leave me alone!!"
Ryo: "I'm Sorry".

Offline stang2712

• Total Meseta: 1
    • my deviantart
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2013, 06:35:55 pm »
well i havent gotten very far in shenmue 2 so the characters from those chapters are unable to commented on but tom *the american guy from toms hot dogs* because he has a far out personality as well as some rad dreadlocks :afroman: 

Offline Randroid

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2013, 04:19:05 am »
Delin is my favourite.

He was the only one who understood how hard it was carrying those crates by hand. He also never got mad at me for fucking up a few times. We became bros.

Offline ptpattycakes

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2013, 02:08:39 pm »
I like the two school girls who call Ryo a twit :)  "wattcha want TWIT?!" haha