Author Topic: Sonic 25th Anniversary - Offical Topic.  (Read 236736 times)

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
Re: Sonic 25th Anniversary - Offical Topic.
« Reply #645 on: October 28, 2017, 02:30:32 pm »
I dunno, I'm looking forward to it and honestly don't understand the hate it's getting.

It looks like a Generations 2.0, which imo is great!

I've always thought 3D sonic games were hit or miss, but I'm liking what I've seen so far, especially for $40.

Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #646 on: October 28, 2017, 04:56:50 pm »
How so? Fans will always bitch about 3D Sonic games, and TBH it's a vocal minority. Most people are just aware of a 3D Sonic game called Sonic Forces releasing soon and it looks like Generations. SEGA could market the game more, and should, as from what I've seen from the first hour of gameplay the game is pretty cool looking.
I think the issue with 3d sonic games is that the overall package usually existed of some good parts and some bad parts, however recently that hadn't been the case anymore. Now with sonic forces this time it just seems like the bad parts outweigh the good in a bad way once again. Im not just talking about the gameplay but also the music, story and artstyle. It's just not doing much for me. Im hoping it'll be solid but if my thoughts arent part of a vocal minority than this could be a huge letdown overall..
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 04:53:56 am by CrazyT »

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #647 on: October 29, 2017, 05:24:33 am »
I watched your impressions of the demo Barry and I really can't tell if classic sonic's movements are improved in this. Heck even modern sonic and custom character look like they don't control as fluidly. There's that same awkward stop and go feeling Sonic Lost World had, only without a run button this time. I will say some of the level design looks great/.

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
« Reply #648 on: October 29, 2017, 07:47:29 pm »
WTF happening with youtube.
It's full of Sonic Forces spoilers.  :(

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #649 on: October 31, 2017, 06:49:21 am »
This game is just not doing it for me like Sonic Colours, Sonic Generations did... Too many little things that I hate.

-That dark, black and red aesthetic... it's like they learned nothing.
-The music, first Sonic game where I have not heard a single track that sounds remotely good or memorable.
-Characters chatting their shit lines while you're playing the level.
-Dedication so much development time to that character creation mode... Making a character is fine but giving them levels? Dev time could have been better spent lengthening the Sonic levels.

Sonic is at its best when it's light-hearted, colourful, inventive, humorous... Pretty much everything Sonic Mania was and everything Sonic Forces is not.
Made by SEGA

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #650 on: November 10, 2017, 04:29:48 am »
Really enjoying this game. Love the story and how all the characters come together to take on Eggman, some of the boss battles are  fab and its looks ace on the One X and runs as smooth as butter.  Its a fab well made 8 out of 10 games for me.

I just wish some of the stages when on for longer. Not quite as good as Generatations but its a great game in its own right
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Sharky

« Reply #651 on: November 10, 2017, 05:20:26 am »
I disagree, after playing Sonic Mania, it really shows Sonic Team for the hacks they are. On the technical side, they build a really beautiful engine everything else, including the music, was just bollocks. After such a long wait it's so disappointing.
Made by SEGA

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #652 on: November 10, 2017, 05:50:05 am »
I disagree, after playing Sonic Mania, it really shows Sonic Team for the hacks they are. On the technical side, they build a really beautiful engine everything else, including the music, was just bollocks. After such a long wait it's so disappointing.

I found mania to be totally overrated and just getting rave reviews mainly down because its retro looks and retro is so cool these days. I'm enjoying Sonic Forces more than Mario Oddesy too, which is another game totally overrated and does nothing to me at all
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #653 on: November 12, 2017, 12:51:06 pm »
I've disliked plenty of sonic games but i've never actually skipped (non sonic boom) one.

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #654 on: November 12, 2017, 06:40:32 pm »
I had fun with Forces. It wasn't bad, wasn't good, it was just ok. At least the visuals and music were good though.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline Sharky

« Reply #655 on: November 13, 2017, 07:33:02 am »
I found mania to be totally overrated and just getting rave reviews mainly down because its retro looks and retro is so cool these days. I'm enjoying Sonic Forces more than Mario Oddesy too, which is another game totally overrated and does nothing to me at all

Sonic Mania is easily my game of the year. I enjoyed everything about it... The tone was spot on, the level design, the music.
Made by SEGA

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #656 on: November 13, 2017, 09:00:23 am »
Sonic Mania is easily my game of the year. I enjoyed everything about it... The tone was spot on, the level design, the music.

It did nothing for me at all and people are just praising the game because it looks and plays like a classic 16-bit Sonic game, because Retro is now so cool on Twitter and youtube or what not. I'm glad you liked it and I know you don't rubbish Sonic games to jump on the cool hate bandwagon. So I respect you don't like Forces, but I'm enjoying the game, love the friendship, story aspect the game and find the boss battles  found in the game to be the best in any Sonic game ( Ilove the snake boss)

Its a step backwards step from Gen, but still a good game. I just wished Sonic Team spent more time with Boom sections and made them much longer, because I love that style of game and it works for Sonic 3D. Also, the game looks quite nice and runs at a rock solid 60 fps onthe consoles and that does make a big diff to the game.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 11:55:16 am by Team Andromeda »
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #657 on: November 13, 2017, 11:12:00 am »
it looks and plays like a classic 16-bit Sonic game

And this is why it is great.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #658 on: November 13, 2017, 11:58:20 am »
And this is why it is great.

That's 1991/2 . I don't want to play games that I played to death in the past and to be quite frank never were a match for Mario IV or Quackshot   I really love to see the Sonic series go back to Sonic Adv and use that style myself .

Sonic Mania to me, it what the Mega CD game should have been like, with full use of the ASIC chip. Back then, that would have been ace, but not for me today sorry.
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Randroid

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #659 on: November 13, 2017, 03:23:11 pm »
Ok, just finished both Mania and Forces this weekend.

I gotta say, I'm kind of stuck between both your points Barry, TA.

Mania is perfectly crafted, but does feel dated. Forces would have impressed me, if Colors and Generations never existed.

They both feel like fan games to me. 

I've grown to prefer the modern boost gameplay when it's done right, but I'm sure Mania will be better regarded though, so there is probably more of that coming. 

No complaints either way. I love Sonic. I just love spending time in that world.

Looking back, I'm starting to feel that Sonic Colors was the last great, wholly original Sonic game.