Author Topic: SEGA Mobile Games - Something To Do With Your Hands That Won't Make You Go Blind  (Read 250735 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
404 GAME RE:SET- "RIBBON RUN" Mini Game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlOWm64N0qU

Let's play "RIBBON RUN"!

If you go to the home screen without projecting the cast, a ribbon will appear. Twisting the ribbon ......

You can play "that game" that was popular in the prologue app ("404 GAME RE:SET Prologue")🏃‍♀️

Source : https://twitter.com/404gamereset/status/1657582002059771905

Offline Berto

Golden Axe-chan (404 Game Re:Set) Fan Art by Baiola

Source : https://twitter.com/Baiola/status/1658136009278898178

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
Dang, you win.... but at what cost....

Time or Robux, you choose. Either choice, you give your dignity.

Offline Berto

Time or Robux, you choose. Either choice, you give your dignity.

Since you've already spent so much time in this game, what's happened if one day the game's just suddenly gone or ending their service and became unplayable again?

Offline Berto

HATSUNE MIKU: COLORFUL STAGE! - Aim for Legend Gacha

The "Aim for Legend Gacha" is now available! 🎡
Pull the new Akito, Kohane, and KAITO cards today~
The banner will run until May 31, 11:59 (PDT)/ 18:59 (UTC) ✨

Source : https://twitter.com/ColorfulStageEN/status/1659998306913624066

Offline Mystic Monkey

Since you've already spent so much time in this game, what's happened if one day the game's just suddenly gone or ending their service and became unplayable again?

Well as a F2Per it would be no skin off my nose. If anything I would be relieved. I don't have to play SSS but I feel some sense of motive/obligation to do so anyway.
It would encourage me to try other Sonic games on Roblox or invest hope Sega may commission someone else on Roblox to make a successor to Speed Sim.
But I imagine pay-to-players would be pissed off about it... unless the SSS avatar products remain, then less so given those carry over throughout Roblox.

Offline Berto

Well as a F2Per it would be no skin off my nose. If anything I would be relieved. I don't have to play SSS but I feel some sense of motive/obligation to do so anyway.
It would encourage me to try other Sonic games on Roblox or invest hope Sega may commission someone else on Roblox to make a successor to Speed Sim.
But I imagine pay-to-players would be pissed off about it... unless the SSS avatar products remain, then less so given those carry over throughout Roblox.

I don't think SEGA is paying much attention to Speed Sim anymore.
Unlike last year, they rarely retweet anything from Speed Sim again.

Offline Berto

HATSUNE MIKU: COLORFUL STAGE! - "THE POWER OF UNITY" Event

"THE POWER OF UNITY" Event has started!
Use Cute attribute cards to receive a boost for more coins!
Exchange coins for rewards like new Toya and An cards~
Available until: May 29, 20:59 (PDT) / May 30, 03:59 (UTC) 📅

Also here's Kagamine Rin from Daniel Deng

"The next stop is France~
Do you recognize this landmark? 🤔 "

Source : https://twitter.com/ColorfulStageEN/status/1660405330201681920

Offline Mystic Monkey

I don't think SEGA is paying much attention to Speed Sim anymore.
Unlike last year, they rarely retweet anything from Speed Sim again.
All the more reason to shut it down and move onto new pastures on Roblox. If Gamefam are being lazy with it, and it's not turning a profit, Sega should move onto a new licenced Roblox game. Or the very least a third reboot of Sonic Speed Simulator that takes all the best bits of both old and Reborn.

For example, I think the original Sonic Speed Simulator was fine as it was gameplay wise. My only complaint about it was the worlds felt somewhat small given my achievements in speed. So the Mega Update introducing larger versions of the old worlds I thought was great! I don't even mind obbies replaced with time trials.
It's just everything else that drags it down.
And yes, I understand the game needs to make some money through Robux and perhaps the original SSS didn't have enough freemium restrictions to make profit but no one likes freemium crap, and it made SSSR feel stiff and un-fun to play.

If I could make my own Sonic Roblox game, I would perhaps put it in style like Pyrite Adventure 2. It's pretty much a Roblox-adaption of Sonic Adventure with hub-areas styles after the Adventure Fields and obbies styles after the Action Stages.
I would still have Sonic Speed Sim-like gameplay and open areas like what SSSReborn has but would still have Stage-themed obbies that also use Time Trial and maybe a main story or episodes for players to follow.

(One thing I don't get about Sonic Speed Simulator is why does it need separate Entrance Rings for each stage? Why not just have the one Entrance Ring with a list of zones beside it to change the Entrance Ring's location like a TV channel? Surely that would take up less space in hub areas. Or simply allow world select in the in-game menu.)

Offline Berto

All the more reason to shut it down and move onto new pastures on Roblox. If Gamefam are being lazy with it, and it's not turning a profit, Sega should move onto a new licenced Roblox game. Or the very least a third reboot of Sonic Speed Simulator that takes all the best bits of both old and Reborn.

For example, I think the original Sonic Speed Simulator was fine as it was gameplay wise. My only complaint about it was the worlds felt somewhat small given my achievements in speed. So the Mega Update introducing larger versions of the old worlds I thought was great! I don't even mind obbies replaced with time trials.
It's just everything else that drags it down.
And yes, I understand the game needs to make some money through Robux and perhaps the original SSS didn't have enough freemium restrictions to make profit but no one likes freemium crap, and it made SSSR feel stiff and un-fun to play.

If I could make my own Sonic Roblox game, I would perhaps put it in style like Pyrite Adventure 2. It's pretty much a Roblox-adaption of Sonic Adventure with hub-areas styles after the Adventure Fields and obbies styles after the Action Stages.
I would still have Sonic Speed Sim-like gameplay and open areas like what SSSReborn has but would still have Stage-themed obbies that also use Time Trial and maybe a main story or episodes for players to follow.

(One thing I don't get about Sonic Speed Simulator is why does it need separate Entrance Rings for each stage? Why not just have the one Entrance Ring with a list of zones beside it to change the Entrance Ring's location like a TV channel? Surely that would take up less space in hub areas. Or simply allow world select in the in-game menu.)

No one likes freemium crap, but the whales just couldn't resist to pour money on them so that's why freemium games are still the most profitable games in the world.

Overall, which one you think that's better?
Pyrite Adventure 2 or  Sonic Speed Simulator ?

Offline Berto

KOF All Star x Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown collaboration event showcase video by KoriMaru

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8tEWiJSqgw

The KOF All Star x Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown collaboration event has ended.
If you've missed out on the action, I have made a showcase video of the event on YouTube.
Witness the VF cast interact with the King of Fighters!

This is Virtua Fighter content #1 for today. Tomorrow, VF content #2 will cover the first chapter of the Virtua Fighter: Akira's Fist Manga!
Really worked hard on that one, once it's up, feel free to share the video to those who like fighting games and extended lore.

Source : https://twitter.com/KoriMaru/status/1661054389652717568

Offline Berto

SEGA lays off 121 employees at Company of Heroes studio Relic Entertainment

"Relic Entertainment and Sega Europe want to share the difficult news that our studio has been impacted by layoffs, affecting 121 employees," Relic wrote.
"This comes at a time when external factors are challenging our industry more than ever, and we made this decision to restructure our organisation to ensure maximum focus is placed on our core franchises."
Relic's well-recieved Company of Heroes 3 is set to make the jump to consoles next week.
"Relic and Sega remain fully committed ...

Article : https://www.eurogamer.net/sega-lays-off-121-employees-at-company-of-heroes-studio-relic-entertainment

Offline Berto

Minecraft: Sonic Texture Pack - Official Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OTtMLeFwJs

See the world through the eyes of Sonic, your favorite blue hedgehog!
This complete texture pack, inspired by iconic zones like Green Hill and Labyrinth, transforms your entire world into a unique but familiar landscape!
Just beware the hostile mobs — they've gotten a Badnik new look!
Sprint to the Marketplace today!

Link : https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/marketplace/pdp?id=63e0e2fc-749f-4bbe-b047-223df2755f39

Offline Mystic Monkey

No one likes freemium crap, but the whales just couldn't resist to pour money on them so that's why freemium games are still the most profitable games in the world.

Overall, which one you think that's better?
Pyrite Adventure 2 or  Sonic Speed Simulator ?
Sonic Speed Simulator > Pyrite Adventure 2 > Sonic Speed Simulator Reborn

Sonic Speed Sim was great because it encouraged you to grow in speed and did not limit you to do so with freemium crap. It's physics were also as basic yet accurate to that as Sonic Adventure which only encouraged me to play with the physics, thus I was having fun!
Don't get me wrong the crap-collecting events were a drag and the worlds were rather small which at great speeds I was starting to feel moer boxed in, but it was still fun to lay.

Pyrite Adventure 2, while the gameplay is comparable to Sonic Adventure, SSS is still more accurate to Sonic Adventure in gameplay, physics and momentum than Pyrite Adventure 2 was. But still the fact it was primarily a series of obbies over a speed simulator made the game fun and engaging in it's own way. It also had it's own story and it told it through basic yet easy to follow dialogue-scenes.

The only good thing that the Mega Update brought to the Sonic Speed Simulator Reborn is bigger worlds to explore. Though with spin dash nerf'd, speed capped and physics limited it just made these new bigger worlds kinda redundant save for the Time Trials which ultimately replaced the obbies. While it tried to implement a story, being told in missions just made it rigid. Some have compared the gameplay to Sonic Forces which I think is a bit too harsh of an insult (given I could still freely move about than linear or restricted routes) but I have a sense on why they feel that way.

Offline Berto

Sonic Speed Simulator > Pyrite Adventure 2 > Sonic Speed Simulator Reborn

Sonic Speed Sim was great because it encouraged you to grow in speed and did not limit you to do so with freemium crap. It's physics were also as basic yet accurate to that as Sonic Adventure which only encouraged me to play with the physics, thus I was having fun!
Don't get me wrong the crap-collecting events were a drag and the worlds were rather small which at great speeds I was starting to feel moer boxed in, but it was still fun to lay.

Pyrite Adventure 2, while the gameplay is comparable to Sonic Adventure, SSS is still more accurate to Sonic Adventure in gameplay, physics and momentum than Pyrite Adventure 2 was. But still the fact it was primarily a series of obbies over a speed simulator made the game fun and engaging in it's own way. It also had it's own story and it told it through basic yet easy to follow dialogue-scenes.

The only good thing that the Mega Update brought to the Sonic Speed Simulator Reborn is bigger worlds to explore. Though with spin dash nerf'd, speed capped and physics limited it just made these new bigger worlds kinda redundant save for the Time Trials which ultimately replaced the obbies. While it tried to implement a story, being told in missions just made it rigid. Some have compared the gameplay to Sonic Forces which I think is a bit too harsh of an insult (given I could still freely move about than linear or restricted routes) but I have a sense on why they feel that way.

So Reborn is really that bad....
I know there's old saying ...

But may be the classic SSS doesn't make much money as targeted so that they have to change it.
And if Reborn is succeed (in term of money of course) then it would likely stay this way.