Author Topic: Adam and Eve...  (Read 57084 times)

Offline Ben

• Total Meseta: 1
Re: Adam and Eve...
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2011, 12:47:31 pm »
Religion is not the only reason people fight wars, I don't think that is what Sharky mean't. 

I didn't necessarily mean that Sharky in particular was implying that but that happens to be a point of view taken by a lot of people: "if you remove religion, you wouldn't have war." (Or at least much less war.) I just don't agree with this at all and think it's a WAY over-simplified and over-optimistic view of humanity.

It is a big reason that is easily avoidable if people didn't believe in it. Resources is another thing we fight for, but at least this makes sense.

It is a big reason but without it people would simply look for another reason. People who desire to fight a war will look for any reason necessary to convince their population to march for war.

I'd rather we have war than continue to reproduce at a rate that is too high and all starve, and even then, war cannot keep up with the pace of reproduction.

So we'll either need to head for WW 3, where I can be a draft dodger and go hide in a cave somewhere in the mountains (going back to Darwinism), or need to figure out an alternative.

War itself is not effectively going to stop over-population. Lots of people die in war but not enough to make that sort of difference and wars on that scale are incredibly rare.

I'm not saying religion is the biggest reason for war, or has killed more people than other reasons... I'm saying the fact that it simply is a reason for war, murder, killing of innocents is enough reason for me to say it's probably some of the most evil shit ever written.

I agree human culling is needed; war is effective but not necessary... A regulation of birth and death could be done with out a mass culling, see Chinas one child law... It's not a great solution by any means but it's one without war. But religious text doesn’t just cause war... What about Africans hacking up children with machetes because they believe they’re witches… Or terrorist attacks on civilians.

The bible insights so much violence and intolerance of others it’s crazy people still defend it! All this ‘bring them to the gates of your city and stone them to death’ ‘take woman as slaves if they are virgins, kill the rest.’ ‘Dash infants against the rocks’. Even god’s going to smite the non believers and send them to hell. What kind of loving god would insight this kind of bullshit? I’ll tell you, one made up by man, to control people…

The main reason people still believe in this god is because they take comfort in the notion that when they die it isn't all over; they go to a nice place where everyone is happy for eternity. I agree that would be lovely... I understand why people want to believe this, my grandmother believed this and I would never have argued with her and told her otherwise, I would pray at the table with her when she asked. I would like to believe this too, but I don't claim to know what happens when we die but I sure as hell don't believe there’s a single clue written in the bible or any other religious text.

haha very well-written post.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 01:01:15 pm by -nSega54- »

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2011, 03:08:48 pm »
EDIT: You know what, I already had a post detailing my thoughts on all this, but I've tried to give logical arguments in the past, but it just gets ignored and the same 'religion causes wars!' tirade is posted again.

I'm just going to take my leave instead.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 03:16:29 pm by MadeManG74 »

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2011, 07:28:51 pm »
Mademan, you are saying that Religions have not started wars? That was the only point Sharky made. That those wars are avoidable. Expanding religion isn't a necessity for humans. Like water, oil is.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2011, 03:21:29 am »
Well, there are theories among the Christian community that after Adam and Eve were exiled from the Garden of Eden that several tribes of people came into existence. Cain is said to have had a wife so it would likely be from one of these tribes.
Another theory is that human genetics were much purer back then so Adam and Eve could've had a daughter and Cain hooked up with her. It's inbreeding but it supposedly wouldn't be as harmful as it is now.
Those are just the two Christian explanations I know of.

I heard that too but let's face it, its all a bunch of nonsense made up by stoneage people. The bible has yet to explain why we have different variants of the same human race and i've heard different explainations from the mark of cain to some other bunch of crap.Or the fact that one of the disciples became a murderer after Jesus annoited him just before jesus went back to heaven or whatever it is.
And you know what? Why doesn't it mention the Easter Bunny and Father Christmas?

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2011, 06:39:20 am »
Edit: Forget about it.

Not worth my time and humor...
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 06:52:53 am by max_cady »

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2011, 01:43:01 pm »
Topic locked. Getting a bit too heated in here. Let's calm down :)

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2011, 04:48:02 pm »
I unlocked it. People whined last time that Sharky should have made his own topic and now they are whining in his topic. If you want to discuss religion, discuss it. But don't throw a fit if someone disagrees with you.

New rule: no more one line insults from either sides. Discuss Religion and all that nonsense, but don't just come in and say "OMG, ENJOY GETTING ON YO KNEES AND EATING FLESH!!!"
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 04:51:37 pm by George »

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2011, 05:04:24 am »
In the name of the Eggman, the Sonic and the Hyper Knuckles. Amen. Now let us enter the special stage and go in peace.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_oUfB6-JF4
Well each religion needs a fallen "apostle". I guess MJ fits that bill.

Offline Happy Cat

Offline Waffle

• Banned
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2011, 07:29:31 pm »
Man attacks Water Treatment plant and fails, said the words 'Al Qaeda', not actually in Al Qaeda, nothing happened, FREAK OUT - WORLD ENDING.

Protip: USA created Al Quida to destabilise the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan, currently doing it again in Libya. It is not one of Allah's New Ventures.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2011, 05:44:03 am »
It is not one of Allah's New Ventures.
Maybe not but how do you get the peons to fight, blow themselves up and such? Tell them it's gods will.
Made by SEGA

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2011, 08:35:37 am »
i was reading on neogaf that they are building the tallest world clock in Mecca (basically, their religious area) in order to change world time GMT to Mecca time.. lol. good luck with that

i also read on neogaf someone posted something about how they build tall towers to forcefully take over other countries, it's like written in the religion or something. I talked to a friend who lives in the UK and showed him that (hes had bad experiences with middle east people through his whole life) and he said that the tallest buildings in Europe/UK are buildings built are Mosques. Don't sound very peaceful to me. xD. I don't know enough about the religion to make a solid opinion and don't care to, but I just found that interesting and creepy at the same time.

He also told me that when UK was holding a funeral service for dead soldiers where families were crying, that a bunch of Allah supports came and crashed the party, holding up signs that say stuff like "British Soldiers burn in hell" and "baby killers"

Just doesn't sound like a very peaceful religion to me >_>

CGI Mock up

Offline Autosaver

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2011, 01:53:57 pm »

Ha ha ha. I thought this image was funny!

Offline Waffle

• Banned
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2011, 02:44:31 pm »
Maybe not but how do you get the peons to fight, blow themselves up and such? Tell them it's gods will.

My point was that it is America doing it, then using the 'terrorists' they created to scare their own citizens. It is so obvious they are using fear to control people's views to support war and authoritarianism. It can simply be dumbed down to a case of 'useful idiots'.

Offline Waffle

• Banned
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2011, 03:26:38 pm »
i was reading on neogaf that they are building the tallest world clock in Mecca (basically, their religious area) in order to change world time GMT to Mecca time.. lol. good luck with that
'Their religious area' is a bit of an oversimplification. Non-Muslims are not even allowed to visit the city, yet these same inbred freaks freely walk around any other city in the world. Truly the lowest garbage of humanity. Keep that in mind the next time a Muslim calls you 'Islamophobic' or 'intolerant'.

And in case anyone thinks I am lying to insult people, check out this sign:

Also on a personal note: I actually do not care if they want a Muslim-only city. My problem is that the same people do not respect me if I ask for the same thing, or anyone else for that matter. Basically my view is that if someone gets their own exclusive settlement, then anyone else gets the same rights and you have to respect that. If not, then you do not deserve it yourselves.

About the GMT thing; they are not trying to change that, it makes no sense. It is actually perfectly normal to want to create your own time zone. If they made 'Mecca Mean Time' or whatever, your time zone would not suddenly change to conform with it. It literally has no effect on you at all.

i also read on neogaf someone posted something about how they build tall towers to forcefully take over other countries, it's like written in the religion or something. I talked to a friend who lives in the UK and showed him that (hes had bad experiences with middle east people through his whole life) and he said that the tallest buildings in Europe/UK are buildings built are Mosques. Don't sound very peaceful to me. xD. I don't know enough about the religion to make a solid opinion and don't care to, but I just found that interesting and creepy at the same time.

Those are minarets. Essentially they are call-towers used to notify people when religious services start - like a church bell tower. Basically the more they have, the more important the structure (1-4). Concerning height, it is the same function any other religious structure takes, which is to dominate the skyline as a symbolic dominance of society. Look up pictures of Christian Cathedrals to see the exact same thing (they dominant basically any city they are in).

And again to point out double standards, you are not allowed to have a Church or any other religious building in Saudi Arabia (home of Islam), yet they expect you to allow them to build Mosques next door. So keep that in mind too whenever a Muslim whines about intolerance.

Also like before I do not care if Muslims do this, but again I expect the same rights respected for others. I do not want a Mosque next to me just like they do not want a Church/et cetera next to them.

He also told me that when UK was holding a funeral service for dead soldiers where families were crying, that a bunch of Allah supports came and crashed the party, holding up signs that say stuff like "British Soldiers burn in hell" and "baby killers"
Basically they can be compared to the Westboro Baptist Chruch in America. On Remembrance Day they also enjoy burning poppies just to offend people. There is even a video on YouTube of them building a Mosque purposely on a cemetery, bulldozing people's graves and thinking it is funny.

For some reason they think they can get away with all these crimes just because the government lets them. I do not think they realise that the government is not going to be there forever to protect them; and the way they have offended people is so severe that it is certainly not going to end well.