Author Topic: Sonic The Hedgehog - A Little Ball of Energy in an Extremely Handsome Package  (Read 456898 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 23
Amazon Listing for "Official Sonic Adult Coloring Book" Emerges

Amazon features a LOT of unofficial Sonic coloring books– no really, there are SO many unofficial coloring books, like I can’t begin to express exactly how many unofficial coloring books the platform has.
However, this marks one of the seldom few OFFICIAL coloring books, including SEGA Master System/Genesis: The Official Coloring Book.

Article : https://www.sonicstadium.org/2022/05/amazon-listing-for-official-sonic-adult-coloring-book-emerges/

Offline Berto

Fall Guys - The Big Announcement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQVBxBIOoG8

Offline Berto

‘Sonic’ content on YouTube is being flagged as “made for kids”, destroying creator livelihoods

Despite channels like Balena Productions clearly marking their Sonic-inspired content as inappropriate for children – due to certain imagery or themes – YouTube has been issuing the Made for Kids label.
The label disables comments, notifications and personalised advertising on videos, whilst greatly limiting its reach on the platform.

Article : https://www.nme.com/news/gaming-news/sonic-content-on-youtube-is-being-flagged-as-made-for-kids-destroying-creator-livelihoods-3223238

Offline Berto

SEGA Announces Strong Financial Results; Teases New Games, Remakes/Remasters, & More

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRmEeX_18ZI

For free-to-play games, Sega plans to enhance the operation of existing titles and schedule the release of new ones.
Interestingly, the company has identified the consumer area in the Entertainment Contents Business (basically console and PC games) as “the most important growth area for the future” 

Article : https://twinfinite.net/2022/05/sega-results-q4-2021/

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
Still I doubt Longclaw would return in the movie since I'm sure the third movie will be focused on ... uh ... the character from the mid credit scene.
She could returns in Knuckles TV series though.
I doubt she'll return at this point. But I've been wrong about a lot of things in these movies. Wrong in good ways though.
Clutch versus Starline. competing for president's seat could happen.
Now that would be an interesting political adaption. Especially when it comes to the Resistance taking sides.
The problem is SEGA would delist the rom versions.
This would make all mods from fan community dissapeared too.
Sega wouldn't want that. Unlike Nintendo they fully support and embrace the modding and fan-game community. A trust I would hate to see the fandom spoil someday. Meanwhile Nintendo sends C&D to any Mario, Pokémon or Metroid fan game that gets good.
One of the key here is  internet search traffic.
Story-wise, there isn't anything interesting about Mario's storyline, so I understand people searching Sonic more for Sonic's storyline.
Also may be movies do have role on it to make people searching information about them.
The first three have appeared in the theatre.
Sonic in Sonic The Hedgehog, Pikachu in Detective Pikachu, and Pac-Man in PIXELS.

If that's really a factor, when Mario movie is released, he might surpass Pikachu and Pac-Man.
I guess so. Still I always figured Nintendo were a lot like Disney in a way. Disney has the market on movies, animation and a whole lotta other stuff and Nintendo all about making games. And thus they know how to market their brand (Mickey Mouse, Nintendo etc) to exploit nostalgia for marketing.
Take Pokémon commercials for example advertising new games or devices, they have a habit of being uncanny good even if you don't care much for Pokémon. It's like they know how to market nostalgia the same way Disney markets their old movies.
Amazon Listing for "Official Sonic Adult Coloring Book" Emerges

Article : https://www.sonicstadium.org/2022/05/amazon-listing-for-official-sonic-adult-coloring-book-emerges/
"Adult" coloring book?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5Y25FT7DxE
Fall Guys - The Big Announcement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQVBxBIOoG8

Doubt relatable to Sonic.
‘Sonic’ content on YouTube is being flagged as “made for kids”, destroying creator livelihoods

Article : https://www.nme.com/news/gaming-news/sonic-content-on-youtube-is-being-flagged-as-made-for-kids-destroying-creator-livelihoods-3223238
I blame those "Sonic's Life Stories" and "Don't be sad Baby Sonic" animations. Those ones that look like cheaply made mid-2000 Flash animations that are just churned out. And if you're familiar with Elsagate animations then you know exactly it's the same sort of formula with these Sonic animations. Making animations specifically for YouTube Kids in order to appeal to an impressionable audience for views in order to exploit the YouTube algorithm. It seems instead of YouTube willing to stop the problem for Sonic fans they're just gonna let the Sonicgate animators have this.
SEGA Announces Strong Financial Results; Teases New Games, Remakes/Remasters, & More

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRmEeX_18ZI

Article : https://twinfinite.net/2022/05/sega-results-q4-2021/
lol grafts and charts.

Offline Berto

I doubt she'll return at this point. But I've been wrong about a lot of things in these movies. Wrong in good ways though.

Sometimes we love to be proven wrong.

Sega wouldn't want that. Unlike Nintendo they fully support and embrace the modding and fan-game community. A trust I would hate to see the fandom spoil someday. Meanwhile Nintendo sends C&D to any Mario, Pokémon or Metroid fan game that gets good.

That was when Aaron Webber's still in SEGA of America.
Now that he's in Japan, SOA could have different ... consideration.

I guess so. Still I always figured Nintendo were a lot like Disney in a way. Disney has the market on movies, animation and a whole lotta other stuff and Nintendo all about making games. And thus they know how to market their brand (Mickey Mouse, Nintendo etc) to exploit nostalgia for marketing.
Take Pokémon commercials for example advertising new games or devices, they have a habit of being uncanny good even if you don't care much for Pokémon. It's like they know how to market nostalgia the same way Disney markets their old movies.

Yeah, they're very protective with the brands too.
We never see Mario or Mickey crossover with Candy Crush, Fall Guys, or Angry Birds.

"Adult" coloring book?

"Adult coloring", not "Adult" coloring.
Still if I was a youtuber, I'll make news out of this with "Sonic has got his first official adult book"
with pic of almost NSFW Sonamy or Sonadow as thumbnail.

Doubt relatable to Sonic.

It's kinda relatable.
The game's finally announced for Switch and it's cross platform.
Means if we already got Sonic and Knuckles costumes on PC/PS4 version, we could use it on Switch version too.
The best of all : it's also gonna be free on all platforms.

I blame those "Sonic's Life Stories" and "Don't be sad Baby Sonic" animations. Those ones that look like cheaply made mid-2000 Flash animations that are just churned out. And if you're familiar with Elsagate animations then you know exactly it's the same sort of formula with these Sonic animations. Making animations specifically for YouTube Kids in order to appeal to an impressionable audience for views in order to exploit the YouTube algorithm. It seems instead of YouTube willing to stop the problem for Sonic fans they're just gonna let the Sonicgate animators have this.

Dang.. so youtube wasn't entirely at faults here...

lol grafts and charts.

Short version ...

- Sales up 15.6% to $2.5bn
- Ordinary income up 1,898% to $258.1m (recovery of pachislot/pachinko/resorts businesses)
- 13 games due this year, selling over 13m units
- 'Super Games' from 2026
- Third Sonic movie confirmed

And yeah... A 2D mobile game beats a 3D PC/Xbox game..
Miku beats Dark Falz.
Wonder how the higher-ups and investors will interpret this...

Offline Berto

KartRider Rush+: Sonic Collaboration Event - Dr. Eggman and Egg Booster Gameplay Showcase

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJCSpKjECng

Offline Berto

How to get Amy Rose in Sonic Speed Simulator

Sonic Speed Simulator has started a new event where you can get Amy Rose in exchange for 5000 Pink Crystal.
Now, the question is how to get these crystals and are there any prerequisites to participate in the event.
Worry not, take a look below as we have described the entire step to get your hands on those exclusive crystals.

Article : https://www.dualshockers.com/heres-how-to-get-amy-in-sonic-speed-simulator/

Offline Berto

60% OFF for The Official Sonic the Hedgehog Movie Baby Sonic Poster

Baby Sonic, unveiled for the first time ever in the movie, will race through the Emerald Hill Zone and straight to your heart, melting it along the way, with this 18 x 14 roll up poster featuring an adorable design based on the movie.

Link : https://shop.sega.com/collections/home-page-best-sellers/products/sonic-the-hedgehog-movie-baby-sonic-poster

Offline Mystic Monkey

That was when Aaron Webber's still in SEGA of America.
Now that he's in Japan, SOA could have different ... consideration.
I doubt it. Sega are still in good relations to their fans and, unless they use SFGHQ as a hit list, there is just too many fan games out their and supportive communities for those fan games to send C&Ds to. I think Sega's legal teams have rights to issue a C&D if a fan game is making money Sega's not getting.
Yeah, they're very protective with the brands too.
We never see Mario or Mickey crossover with Candy Crush, Fall Guys, or Angry Birds.
I thought there was a Disney promotion with Angry Birds at one point but I guess I was wrong.
"Adult coloring", not "Adult" coloring.
Still if I was a youtuber, I'll make news out of this with "Sonic has got his first official adult book"
with pic of almost NSFW Sonamy or Sonadow as thumbnail.
So... sexy colouring?
I'm kidding, I know it's just a colouring book for those who can actually colour within the lines. Still I find colouring books rather childish.
It's kinda relatable.
The game's finally announced for Switch and it's cross platform.
Means if we already got Sonic and Knuckles costumes on PC/PS4 version, we could use it on Switch version too.
The best of all : it's also gonna be free on all platforms.

Oh, I figured those SOnic promotions were limited time.
Dang.. so youtube wasn't entirely at faults here...
Not entirely, but just as there's been an attempt to stamp down on elsagate videos, YouTube could stamp down on "Sonicgate" videos by quality controlling. And I think either the official Sonic YouTube channel, or Sega YouTube channel should be heard on whenever or not they want their licensed content under a strict age group or not, but I doubt YouTube would give a shit.
Short version ...

- Sales up 15.6% to $2.5bn
- Ordinary income up 1,898% to $258.1m (recovery of pachislot/pachinko/resorts businesses)
- 13 games due this year, selling over 13m units
- 'Super Games' from 2026
- Third Sonic movie confirmed

And yeah... A 2D mobile game beats a 3D PC/Xbox game..
Miku beats Dark Falz.
Wonder how the higher-ups and investors will interpret this...
Interesting. So all good then?

Offline Berto

I doubt it. Sega are still in good relations to their fans and, unless they use SFGHQ as a hit list, there is just too many fan games out their and supportive communities for those fan games to send C&Ds to. I think Sega's legal teams have rights to issue a C&D if a fan game is making money Sega's not getting.

I meant for mods.
While some game companies were okay with fangames, they're not okay with mods.
Especially adult mods like Nude Chun Li or Topless Tifa Lockhart.

The ability to add mods in PC was a reason for Judgment and Lost Judgment coudn't get PC release.

So... sexy colouring?
I'm kidding, I know it's just a colouring book for those who can actually colour within the lines. Still I find colouring books rather childish.

Well, some people thought playing video games rather childish too.

Not entirely, but just as there's been an attempt to stamp down on elsagate videos, YouTube could stamp down on "Sonicgate" videos by quality controlling. And I think either the official Sonic YouTube channel, or Sega YouTube channel should be heard on whenever or not they want their licensed content under a strict age group or not, but I doubt YouTube would give a shit.Interesting.

Too much works for Youtube I guess. Too many videos there and many of them were like ... what do we call it? The equivalent of video games shovelwares for videos?

So all good then?

Yes, overall is good.
Unless they decided to make more mobile games than console's since Hatsune Miku Colorful Stage is more profitable than PSO2.

Offline Mystic Monkey

I meant for mods.
While some game companies were okay with fangames, they're not okay with mods.
Especially adult mods like Nude Chun Li or Topless Tifa Lockhart.

The ability to add mods in PC was a reason for Judgment and Lost Judgment coudn't get PC release.
Sega appear just as chummy with the modding community as they are with the fangame community. Wasn't Chris Whitehead a modder until he was picked up by Sonic Team for remaking Classic-Era Sonic games and Sonic Mania?

Way I see it, but probably not the developers, if the product is purchased then that copy of the product is theirs to do with. If Developers want to discourage it then at least make it that certain features are locked when mods are active, such as achievements or online score boards.

After all when one buys a PC fresh from the shops, they usually put custom programs or put in their own RAM drives or parts to make it more their own. Shouldn't it be the same to most products?
Well, some people thought playing video games rather childish too.
They didn't expect someday for those video games to have topless Tifa mods.
Too much works for Youtube I guess. Too many videos there and many of them were like ... what do we call it? The equivalent of video games shovelwares for videos?
So far, just calling it Sonicgate videos. I think they have their own term but I forgot what it was. My guess the popularity of the movies made Sonic "YouTube Kid exploitable".
Yes, overall is good.
Unless they decided to make more mobile games than console's since Hatsune Miku Colorful Stage is more profitable than PSO2.
That maybe the way. After all Sega's primary business was Arcade games over console games, although console games are still their primary market. Since COVID killed their Arcade business it makes sense to move those games to mobile.

I mean, it's the same concept if you think about it. Just with micro-transactions instead of tokens.

Offline Berto

Sega appear just as chummy with the modding community as they are with the fangame community. Wasn't Chris Whitehead a modder until he was picked up by Sonic Team for remaking Classic-Era Sonic games and Sonic Mania?

Way I see it, but probably not the developers, if the product is purchased then that copy of the product is theirs to do with. If Developers want to discourage it then at least make it that certain features are locked when mods are active, such as achievements or online score boards.

After all when one buys a PC fresh from the shops, they usually put custom programs or put in their own RAM drives or parts to make it more their own. Shouldn't it be the same to most products?

Modding for older games might have no problems.
But modding for new games does have potential for ruining the brands.
Especially there are mods that act like hacks,
could work around on achievements too eventhough if it's supposed to be locked.

They didn't expect someday for those video games to have topless Tifa mods.

Eventhough this kind of game existed back then, but it's just pixelated graphics.

So far, just calling it Sonicgate videos. I think they have their own term but I forgot what it was. My guess the popularity of the movies made Sonic "YouTube Kid exploitable".

Sonicgate videos sound right.

That maybe the way. After all Sega's primary business was Arcade games over console games, although console games are still their primary market. Since COVID killed their Arcade business it makes sense to move those games to mobile.
I mean, it's the same concept if you think about it.
Just with micro-transactions instead of tokens.

Yes, you're right.
Mobile games could act like a mini arcade.
SEGA has already started with UFO Cather Online for mobile.

And almost everyone has smartphone, but not everyone has PC or console or quick access to arcade centers.
The visibility and easiness to start is greater on smartphones.
Make sense if they went that route.

Offline Berto

Sonic Origins - New Gameplay Video Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRBQwcq8fiI

Offline Berto

Ben Schwartz Says Sonic the Hedgehog 3 Movie Will be "Crazy"

The actor also dropped some hints about the next film in the series, and how it might build on the stakes set in the first two movies.
"For 'Sonic 2', we blew it out so much, and for '3,' it's going to be bananas, it's going to be crazy! I can't wait," Schwartz told The Playlist.

Article : https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/sonic-the-hedgehog-3-movie-ben-schwartz-crazy-paramount/