Author Topic: Sega in the Charts  (Read 334352 times)

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
Re: Sega in the Charts
« Reply #165 on: April 16, 2012, 08:38:53 am »

Well, I haven't done one of these in a while.

In the TOP 40 all-format charts, once again, Sonic games and crossovers with Mario sell. A lot.
Sonic Generations still moves, even 4 months after it's release. When Sonic and Mario play around, Nintendo and SEGA make a lot of cash.

Kinect Star Wars as number two is making me cry.

Rise of Nightmares is still somewhere in the Xbox 360 Bargain chart. Sonic Generations for PS3 is moving like crazy, as a budget price. And so does HOTD Overkill in 3D.

The Wii charts are disturbing. Sonic Colors is still selling there. And a bunch of other titles.

The 3DS barely has a trackable chart and as such, only Sonic Generations and Mario & Sonic keep it afloat.

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #166 on: January 04, 2013, 05:57:41 am »
SEGA is 6th in the UK!  :o

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/ea-conquers-2012-as-uk-s-no-1-publisher/0108856

Electronic Arts was comfortably the UK’s top physical games publisher of 2012.

The firm enjoyed a successful year thanks to record-breaking sales of FIFA 13, which sold through 2m units two weeks faster than its predecessor.

Other games that helped propel the publisher to the top of the rankings included Mass Effect 3, Need for Speed: Most Wanted and continued sales of Battlefield 3 and FIFA 12.

Activision reclaimed second place from Ubisoft. The Call of Duty firm enjoyed a better share of sales thanks in part to Skylanders, which was a significant seller during the first half of 2012.

Ubisoft comfortably held third place, while the next highest charting third party publisher was Sega at No.6. The Japanese firm benefitted from its collaboration with the London 2012 Olympics.

The publisher rankings is based on data from GfK Chart-Track.

2012's TOP BOXED GAMES PUBLISHERS

1. EA
2. Activision
3. Ubisoft
4. Nintendo
5. Microsoft
6. Sega
7. Warner Bros
8. Take-Two
9. THQ
10. Square Enix
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline jonboy101

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #167 on: January 18, 2013, 04:29:54 pm »
Yakuza 5 seems to be slightly outpacing Yakuza 4. Not bad.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #168 on: January 18, 2013, 06:14:00 pm »
I was looking at week's Chart-Track.co.uk and it's been pretty good for SEGA.

Football Manager 2013 is in 8th place. Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed
is 13th. Anarchy Reigns actually debuted at Number 16.

I am surprised, considering the game was long delayed and marked down, who knows, maybe SEGA might get enough copies sold to recoup their losses.

Sonic Generations still sells quite a lot in the UK, it's been nearly 2 years since it's been out...

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #169 on: January 19, 2013, 08:13:12 am »
Thanks Max. That chart is looking really good

Offline FourCartridge

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #170 on: April 23, 2013, 08:13:57 am »
This week's GFK chart:

Transformed is still the highest rated SEGA game, at 19th, while Football Manager & Colonial Marines sit on the bottom at 36th & 37th respectively.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 08:26:25 am by FourCartridge »

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #171 on: April 23, 2013, 09:06:34 am »
Given Transform's sold 930,000 copies a month or so ago, I am gathering it's approaching 1.5 million by now?

With the announcement of yet another platform supporting it, they sure are getting it out there this time.

Now if only they made more DLC in that same vein....

Offline FourCartridge

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #172 on: April 23, 2013, 09:13:22 am »
Given Transform's sold 930,000 copies a month or so ago, I am gathering it's approaching 1.5 million by now?

With the announcement of yet another platform supporting it, they sure are getting it out there this time.

Source? The only one I have so far is VG Chartz, and you know how unreliable they are...

Anyway, that's good news. IIRC, Sumo mentioned they had a sales goal of 2 million and it' looking it will reach it. I hope that means we get more; Even if they don't make DLC, at least the characters mentioned will be on their minds; remember NiGHTS?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 09:15:07 am by FourCartridge »

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #173 on: April 23, 2013, 09:27:56 am »
https://www.release.tdnet.info/inbs/140120130204079191.pdf

It's in Japanese though...and you never saw that thread I made over at the SEGA Forums?

Still waiting on when they add VC into a Superstars game.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #174 on: April 27, 2013, 07:14:15 am »

Actually, even though the figures were reported in March, it was SEGA's financial reporting for the period between Oct - Dec, so it was 930,000 units sold at the end of December 2012.

Post Christmas sales, Steam sales and the 3DS version probably edges it closer to 1.3 million I think though, but it will be a long seller no doubt. We'll will find a better figure when SEGA discloses it's full financial report sometime in May though.

By the way, your link isn't working, what was it about exactly?

Offline semmie

• Banned
« Reply #175 on: April 27, 2013, 09:39:32 am »

Well, I haven't done one of these in a while.

In the TOP 40 all-format charts, once again, Sonic games and crossovers with Mario sell. A lot.
Sonic Generations still moves, even 4 months after it's release. When Sonic and Mario play around, Nintendo and SEGA make a lot of cash.

Kinect Star Wars as number two is making me cry.

Rise of Nightmares is still somewhere in the Xbox 360 Bargain chart. Sonic Generations for PS3 is moving like crazy, as a budget price. And so does HOTD Overkill in 3D.

The Wii charts are disturbing. Sonic Colors is still selling there. And a bunch of other titles.

The 3DS barely has a trackable chart and as such, only Sonic Generations and Mario & Sonic keep it afloat.

and what do u think? is it a big succes or should sega just be happy that they could be in the charts for so long?

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #176 on: May 10, 2013, 05:18:25 am »

Transformed at 1.36 million, Football Manager at 940,000 and shockingly, Aliens: Colonial marines managed to ship 1.31 million!

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #177 on: May 10, 2013, 06:19:02 am »
Colonial Marines is a game I wish didn't sell that much. Glad to see All-Stars Racing Transformed doing well though.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #178 on: May 13, 2013, 07:23:57 am »
I'm guessing Aliens: CM sales were thanks due in large part to Aliens fans who will buy anything with the name "Aliens" slapped on it. Also, I heard Prometheus was awful, so perhaps they wanted something to forget the movie?

Offline fernandeath

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #179 on: August 03, 2013, 12:08:45 pm »
Almost 3 months without recent charts...