Author Topic: The films of 2013 of Wolverines, Kryptons, Stars & billionaire industrialists.  (Read 34978 times)

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
I saw Pacific Rim.

I don't know what to say, all I can say I didn't expect what I saw.

Best summer film by far, nothing I've seen comes close to beating it. Everyone needs to go watch it, it deserves to have a sequel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpuhWD4mjUY the theme song is amazing to boot.

And in regards to giant monsters...

The king returns next year.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
I guess Fox has said at Comic-con that 'Apocalypse' is a big part of the future of the X-Men films and his appearance will result in spin-off films similar to what Marvel has done with the Avengers.

This would be good, if Fox knew how to fucking make unforgettable comicbook movies :(

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
So the Man of Steel sequel has been announced, but there's a twist:

Yup.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
I don't get it. Superman grows wings?

Offline George

Batman/Superman movie.

Anyway, if you guys want to see a good 'Flash' based movie, give Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox a try. Alternative timeline, massive deaths, great introduction to The Flash.

Recommended. 8/10.

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
So the Man of Steel sequel has been announced, but there's a twist:

Yup.

The Dark Man of Steel? XD

I wonder what it'll be called...and damn it! Put in the Green Lantern too!

Man...I wish there was a Wonder Woman film now from Nolan. :(
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Should be:
Man of Steel
The World's Finest
Justice League

Or at least, "Man of Steel 2" shouldn't be titled Man of Steel 2. Leave the numbered titles to the Marvel films. DC should have a unique title for each film, just as we saw with Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, and The Dark Knight Rises.

Given it'll star both Superman and Batman, I think it would be best to refer to both characters in the title. Either directly with the to-the-point "Superman & Batman" or something like "The World's Finest". Actually, "The World's Finest" would make sense, given most past DC films have strayed away from directly placing the name of the superhero in the title (Batman Begins is the exception). The logo speaks for itself.

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
Or at least, "Man of Steel 2" shouldn't be titled Man of Steel 2. Leave the numbered titles to the Marvel films. DC should have a unique title for each film, just as we saw with Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, and The Dark Knight Rises.
But all the Marvel movie sequels after Iron Man 3 aren't numbered. :V (Well, aside from The Amazing Spider-Man 2, but that's from Sony)

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Still, they have the hero's name and a subtitle. Would be weird for DC to go the "Man of Steel 2" or "Man of Steel: The World's Finest" route.

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
...given most past DC films have strayed away from directly placing the name of the superhero in the title (Batman Begins is the exception). The logo speaks for itself.

Jonah Hex and Green Lantern are 2010 and 2011 films and DC has a history of numbering titles, The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises and Man of Steel are the only exceptions.

Though I doubt they are going to call this Man of Steel 2 when Batman is present, its going to have a title that references both of them.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Well, I'd assume lesser characters will have their names as the title. I can't see Jonah Hex and Green Lantern being called anything else. But I think Superman and Batman films are past having the hero names in the title. Unless, of course, they go for "Superman & Batman", but I'm thinking "The World's Finest" or something along those lines will be the route they take.

I think they like that those sorts of titles that work well at the very end of the film. It's a Goyer/Nolan thing.

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
Legendary Pictures Godzilla design has been leaked, looks like Godzilla, will feature multiple monster mash, has Bryan Cranston and Ken Watanabe in it, are you hyped now?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCg45R6c4TM&feature=youtu.be

(The video/images are from a special event Legendary Pictures hosted for fans and the actual film is not found footage for anyone uninformed enough to make the mistake.)

Offline George

So I guess the Superman/Batman movie will most likely be called Batman vs Superman or Superman vs Batman.

>.> great, what I DIDN'T WANT.

Offline Chaosmaster8753

• Total Meseta: 4
I still don't get why Avengers: Age of Ultron even has that subtitle despite that it won't even adapt the actual Age of Ultron story that came out earlier this year.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Saw The Wolverine last night, loved it. Like First Class in 2011, it was the surprise of the summer. I went in with low expectations and ended up having a great time! Story moves at a solid pace, and there are several twists and turns. Jackman is in top form. Music and editing is well done. Really, a solid film. Plays out much more like a Bourne or Bond film. Totally beats out Iron Man 3 and enjoyed it more than Man of Steel, which I am a fan of.

The mid-credits scene is great, really can't wait for Days of Future Past now. In fact, The Wolverine pretty much washed by mind clean of X-Men Origins and The Last Stand. The shit I hated in The Last Stand especially has been rectified in The Wolverine. We get an angry Wolverine again, I thought Logan was too damn toned down in Last Stand. Also, [spoiler]great to see him dealing with Jean's death, including several cameos from the character in several dream sequences. Prof X alive and Magneto with powers is great to see again. Now, Days of Future Past just needs to bring Jean and Cyclops back and I'll be happy.[/spoiler]

8.5/10 from me.

---

My Summer movie ratings (the ones I got around to seeing):

Iron Man 3 - 6.5/10
The Bling Ring - 8/10
Man of Steel - 8/10
The Wolverine - 8.5/10