Author Topic: Read this before posting a topic!  (Read 45873 times)

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
Re: What features do you want on SEGAbits?
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2012, 06:46:18 am »
@nameless 24 got any examples of your work? I'd be curious to see it, I want to get into graphic design too, but I'm more of a web designer at the moment.

Unfortunately, I can't show that much due to working on company logos (some big ones in the UK at that!).

However, I can give tips on what formats are best so you don't lose quality in the artwork.

No matter what, keep your designs in an .eps format (Encapsulated Postscript), this keeps vector files just that...but you can convert them into .jpegs and .bmps if you wish...

.ai files work too (Adobe Illustrator) but it isn't as flexible to use (.eps' can be extracted if they are in PDF docs)

Oh, if you want to find big logos like SEGA's, I advise Seeklogo's website.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 06:50:16 am by Nameless 24 »
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline semmie

• Banned
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2012, 05:44:43 am »
segabits iphone app for free ofcourse

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2012, 01:18:55 pm »
segabits iphone app for free ofcourse

i dont have the skills to make an app :P sorry

but I am working on a mobile site. sorta... lol, something ive been working on for a while now, keep getting distracted, but I'll get it done eventually.

Offline semmie

• Banned
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2012, 02:40:46 pm »
i dont have the skills to make an app :P sorry

but I am working on a mobile site. sorta... lol, something ive been working on for a while now, keep getting distracted, but I'll get it done eventually.

thats fine as well. cause if u finish it it can be added to an app called tappatalk. its an app that gathers all forums that are mobilebased. :) so u dont have to make an app persay bro. im happy enough hearing your making a mobile version

i wish u all the luck

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2012, 02:45:44 pm »
thats fine as well. cause if u finish it it can be added to an app called tappatalk. its an app that gathers all forums that are mobilebased. :) so u dont have to make an app persay bro. im happy enough hearing your making a mobile version

i wish u all the luck

Thanks

Yeah, ive read about tappatalk, was tempted to try it, but when I asked if anyone would use it, everyone said no :P things might be different now though, So I'll try tappatalk on the forums soon maybe.

Offline semmie

• Banned
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2013, 06:24:10 am »
I would like to consult with the moderators concerning a download section.
The thing is that i have tons of sega music cd exclusives that no one has on the internet. probably i would be the first one to upload them.

the rules should be clear tho.
only to upload if the copywrite hasnt been extended.(suspended)

so therefor uploading files would be legal since it is suspended in the copywrite law.

thats why i ask with you moderators and owners permission to open either a download section with these exceptional and rare digital items or at least to make a topic that stays on top.

i await your reply

Offline Grant360

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2013, 06:49:29 am »
For me I'd like more classic retro sega articles & maybe sections like top 10's... Dreamcast Games... Sonic Games... Sega franchises that should be revived.

Offline Randroid

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2013, 08:07:47 pm »
Wasn't sure where to post this, so I hope I chose the right spot.

Just wanted to say wow, really nice forum layout. Very well done! Classy.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2013, 08:09:06 pm »
This is a really old one actually, lol, but fun to see it again :)

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2013, 08:44:50 pm »
Yeah, it's actually an old theme I made ages ago, glad you like it, though! lol I borked the main theme, might be stuck with this one for a while :)

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2013, 09:08:12 pm »
Well, the theme we had earlier today was old anyway since we updated the main page. So I'm assuming next step is a new forum theme to match the front page?

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2013, 09:35:45 pm »
Yeah.. that would be the plan. Gonna have to integrate the latest articles in a more complex way, including wordpress functions directly into the forums seems to be causing issues on the latest version... which is understandable, I should of never done things that way to begin with, but it was easy and worked... plus back when i did it, i wouldn't of known how else to do it, i got more experience with PHP and databases, now.

Offline Randroid

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2013, 12:50:16 am »
Yeah, it's actually an old theme I made ages ago, glad you like it, though! lol I borked the main theme, might be stuck with this one for a while :)

Ah must have been before my time here, but yes I love it. Makes me wish PSO2 was releasing soon.

Offline semmie

• Banned
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2013, 01:34:46 am »
dark themes are better. cause at night my eyes wont hurt

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2013, 10:39:11 am »
Ah must have been before my time here, but yes I love it. Makes me wish PSO2 was releasing soon.

Makes sense. I always thought this theme was selectable though, as an optional theme. Maybe it wasn't. I'll make sure it is from now on, when the new theme goes up. Cause, yeah, it'd be a shame to let it go to waste :)

I know when I made this theme i had a different font in that user box... gonna go look and see what happened. get it back to the font it should be.