Author Topic: Call Of Duty Vanguard  (Read 2706 times)

Offline MT1995

• Total Meseta: 0
Call Of Duty Vanguard
« on: September 20, 2021, 04:31:32 am »
Hello everyone!

At the moment we can still play COD Vanguard open beta. I'm wondering what do you think about the game so far?

I've got mixed feelings to be honest. It's a reskin of Modern Warfare 2019 in WW2, which is great, but also a very cheap move. It plays almost identically. As a DLC that would be awesome, but a full price game?

I'd like to play through the campaign more than the multiplayer component, but it's extremely short making it a bad deal. I'm not sure should I buy it, although I'm a fan of the series except for the SF titles.

Offline Mystic Monkey

Re: Call Of Duty Vanguard
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2021, 09:23:33 am »
I'm not a Call of the Dootle sort of person. Was Vanguard produced by Sega or something?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 09:25:19 am by Mystic Monkey »

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2021, 07:53:16 pm »
Hello everyone!

At the moment we can still play COD Vanguard open beta. I'm wondering what do you think about the game so far?

I've got mixed feelings to be honest. It's a reskin of Modern Warfare 2019 in WW2, which is great, but also a very cheap move. It plays almost identically. As a DLC that would be awesome, but a full price game?

I'd like to play through the campaign more than the multiplayer component, but it's extremely short making it a bad deal. I'm not sure should I buy it, although I'm a fan of the series except for the SF titles.

Since it's in beta, it still needs a lot of work on glitches and sound but the graphics are already very good and engine runs great.
It plays almost identically with Modern Warfare, but the plus is : it also give a sense of familiarity.
Just think of it as a remake or sequel with better engine.
I means most people who played Yakuza 1 don't have problem with playing Yakuza Kiwami again, right?
Same goes to some (not most) people who played Sonic Colors don't have problem with playing Sonic Colors Ultimate again.

About price, that's something for you to decide.
For me if it's a franchise that I love, I wouldn't mind if it's rather expensive.
If it's not, I'd wait until there is a sale for it.

Was Vanguard produced by Sega or something?

It's not, but this forum is General Gaming Discussion so any game could fall into that category.
Even I have made a thread that is not related to SEGA.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2021, 07:59:26 pm »
It's not, but this forum is General Gaming Discussion so any game could fall into that category.
Even I have made a thread that is not related to SEGA.
I never played Call of Duty... but sometimes I wonder what if there was a Sonic spin-off game with gameplay like Call of Duty. I imagine it be about the Commanders early years.

I mean I know such a game is unlikely to ever happen, by Sega or a fan game. Just one of those "what ifs" or "can you imagine" sort of thing.

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2021, 08:13:24 pm »
I never played Call of Duty... but sometimes I wonder what if there was a Sonic spin-off game with gameplay like Call of Duty. I imagine it be about the Commanders early years.

I mean I know such a game is unlikely to ever happen, by Sega or a fan game. Just one of those "what ifs" or "can you imagine" sort of thing.

It could work if Shadow the Hedgehog or Espio is the main character.
Those two characters are the one who don't mind to get their hands dirty.
The one who'll assasinate Eggman if they are in Sonic's shoes.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2021, 08:20:12 pm »
It could work if Shadow the Hedgehog or Espio is the main character.
Those two characters are the one who don't mind to get their hands dirty.
The one who'll assasinate Eggman if they are in Sonic's shoes.
While Shadow may seem like the viable option because he used guns before, I didn't chose him because, well, he already had his game using guns.

I'm talking about spin-off Sonic games that have entirely different genre and gameplay, but still part of Sonic's world and lore. Commander can have his own game which is a first person shooter with guns and such, like Call of Duty Black Ops.

Of course given Sonic games are never about blood or killing, the question is how would such a game fit into Sonic's continuity or how it can work.

I know how unpractical it all is, just a "What if there was a Sonic spin-off that's like leading first person shooting games" sort of thing.