Author Topic: What is your MBTI Personality type?  (Read 7492 times)

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
What is your MBTI Personality type?
« on: January 27, 2014, 10:05:30 pm »
I'm curious to see what other SEGAbits members are considered, if you don't know what you are you can take this test, it's accurate enough, but not accurate as if you were actually taking it administered by a psychologist.

http://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

I'm an ISFP...

ISFP strengths
  • Sensitive and observant. ISFP personalities find it easy to relate to other people and recognize their emotional states. They seek harmony and strongly dislike conflicts.
  • Charming and open-minded. ISFPs are relaxed, warm individuals who rarely have difficulties making friends or fitting in. They also tend to be very tolerant and flexible.
  • Artistic. People with this personality type tend to have a very good sense of aesthetics and beauty. This is also their primary way of expressing themselves – ISFPs’ artistic skills are truly enviable.
  • Imaginative. ISFPs possess a creative mind and are often seen as trend setters, coming up with bold and unusual ideas all the time. Their vivid imagination and artistic skills form a powerful combination, often helping the ISFP in an unexpected way.
  • Curious. ISFPs tend to be very inquisitive and willing to try out new things. They would rather take risks than miss an exciting opportunity.
  • Passionate and enthusiastic. ISFP personalities may often be quiet and reserved, but they can also become incredibly passionate if they are working on something that excites and interests them. People with the ISFP type tend to have very intense feelings, but their passion and enthusiasm are usually hidden from the outside world.
ISFP weaknesses
  • May have low self-esteem. ISFPs often have problems with self-confidence, especially earlier on in life. Most of their positive traits revolve around sensitivity and artistic expression, and such things are often seen by many as secondary to, for instance, academic performance.
  • Difficulties in the academic environment. People with the ISFP personality type usually find scientific subjects and research quite difficult, and may fall behind their peers in highly technical fields.
  • Get stressed easily. ISFPs are intensely emotional individuals – consequently, they may have difficulties coping with conflicts or stress. This can also lower their self-esteem and stifle their creativity.
  • Very competitive. Despite being quite reserved or even shy, ISFP personalities can become very competitive in certain situations. This trait is very common among SP types.
  • Unpredictable. ISFPs dislike long-term commitments and plans, often living completely in the present and consciously trying to avoid thinking about the future. This can lead to a lot of tension and misunderstanding in their romantic relationships.
  • Fiercely independent. ISFPs value their freedom very highly and do not really worry about traditions, rules or guidelines, believing that they only hinder artistic expression and free thinking. Not surprisingly, ISFP personalities are likely to clash with more traditional types, especially in the workplace.

I disagree with the artistic part. I think I'm a horrible artist.

Descriptions of all types:
http://www.16personalities.com/type-descriptions

Offline inthesky

• Total Meseta: 5
  • Altaha Abilia
Re: What is your MBTI Personality type?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 12:17:57 am »
I'm curious to see what other SEGAbits members are considered, if you don't know what you are you can take this test, it's accurate enough, but not accurate as if you were actually taking it administered by a psychologist.

http://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

I'm an ISFP...

I disagree with the artistic part. I think I'm a horrible artist.

Descriptions of all types:
http://www.16personalities.com/type-descriptions

Come on. You are quite clearly someone who has artistic sensibilities. =P I think being an artist is as much a mode of being and an inclination to creativity as it is having a treasure trove of technical abilities and knowledge/critical sense. I don't call myself an artist because I don't have as much passion for drawing and such and such other mediums as I do for learning about what pieces try to convey and such. I'm just a critic. =P

I used to be way into MBTI in high school. That stopped around the time I was midway into college.

ENFJ

Extraversion: 4%
Intuition: 33%
Feeling: 2%
Judging: 29%

I often tested as INTJ back then, but that's changed now. This is the type I consistently get with tests, and the one I got with yours. Astonishing, considering how often the first and third dichotomies are close to the middle.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 12:49:58 pm by inthesky »
Proud recipient of the second ever Gary Player Award!
I support Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia HD ports!

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 11:52:04 pm »
Come on. You are quite clearly someone who has artistic sensibilities. =P I think being an artist is as much a mode of being and an inclination to creativity as it is having a treasure trove of technical abilities and knowledge/critical sense. I don't call myself an artist because I don't have as much passion for drawing and such and such other mediums as

I used to be way into MBTI in high school. That stopped around the time I was midway into college.

I often tested as INTJ back then, but that's changed now. This is the type I consistently get with tests, and the one I got with yours. Astonishing, considering how often the first and third dichotomies are close to the middle.

Thanks for the comment... heh :) I don't see myself as artistic, but i see myself as wanting to be artistic. Maybe I'm just being too harsh on myself.

Also, yeah, MBTI tests seem scary accurate. I always get ISFP on them, and the description seems pretty close to me. I've read a lot about ISFP's in the past.

Also, the personality site says you got the same personality as Obama. heh :) You seem really friendly and kind, so I can see how ENFJ fits you
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 12:03:35 am by Will »

Offline inthesky

• Total Meseta: 5
  • Altaha Abilia
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 01:23:34 pm »
Thanks for the comment... heh :) I don't see myself as artistic, but i see myself as wanting to be artistic. Maybe I'm just being too harsh on myself.

Also, yeah, MBTI tests seem scary accurate. I always get ISFP on them, and the description seems pretty close to me. I've read a lot about ISFP's in the past.

Also, the personality site says you got the same personality as Obama. heh :) You seem really friendly and kind, so I can see how ENFJ fits you

I remember seeing Obama cited as ENFJ quite a bit, yeah. I see myself as pretty friendly and chatty a little more often than not, but I also have my spells where I want to be myself, and can sometimes be seen zoning out. And I'm actually a bit of a wiseass at times and can be confrontational (see some of my political posts here :P ) but I'm not in that mode all of the time or think I should be, and I'm not one for temper tantrums. Thanks for the compliment though.

All the descriptions are idealized. Like INTJ's are supremely logical, ENTJ's get whatever they want done, etc. There's always a slight disconnect IMO between the descriptions and the individual, which is natural because these archetypes are theoretical. To go on a bit of a tangent...

There's a separate school of thought (besides socionics) that looks at giving you an MBTI type by arrangement of functions. Under the MBTI theory, each of the sixteen types are a unique arrangement of the eight psychological functions: the introverted and extroverted versions of Feeling, Thinking, Sensing, and Intuition. The former two categories are called judging functions because structure and rationalize the world around you and the information you take in (F and T are also the third dichotomy in a type) and the latter two are perceiving functions as they are the means by which you take in formation.

For example, an ISFP's four leading functions I think are arranged like this:
Introverted Feeling
Extroverted Sensing
Introverted Intuition
Extroverted Thinking

An introvert's primary function (first one listed) is the introverted and opposite category (judging/perceiving) of what the fourth letter is, basically. While an extrovert's primary function is the extroverted and follows the same category as what's expressed in the fourth letter. So, for ENFJ's:

Extroverted Feeling
Introverted Intuition
Extroverted Sensing
Introverted Thinking

This is one test that I found with a quick google search that tests people by the degree they express a preference for certain functions. You may get a result that disagrees with what you think: i just took it and got entp; I don't think I'm an entp. but really identifying with a type is at least partially a matter of how you see yourself and it's also influenced by how you might be feeling on a certain day. A lot of these mbti quizzes rate your extraversion according to questions like "you like to make lots of friends" "you talk to people a lot" "you place yourself nearer to the side of the room than the center" "you rapidly make friends at a new workplace" etc.

But yeah, check it out. Go hogwild on other personality tests too if it suits you. Look up the Enneagram or the Big Five, for example. This isn't hard science or anything, I'd recommend as just using it for fun and perhaps opportunities for growth if you so choose. my discovery of the MBTI in high school was one of the first things that got me to understand that people...are different. =P
Proud recipient of the second ever Gary Player Award!
I support Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia HD ports!

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 02:50:52 pm »
Here is mine..

Your personality type: INTJ.

Strength of individual traits: Introversion - 56%, Intuition - 24%, Thinking - 18%, Judging - 36%.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2014, 07:50:38 am »
ENFJ

Sounds about right. :)

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2014, 12:53:42 pm »
inthesky, i see, that is interesting! thanks for the info

Barry, you are the Obama of SEGAbits. Keeping strong leadership and making sure SEGAbits stays on top.

Piro, I never thought of you as an INTJ due to the way you post, but I think I can see it matching you! When I think of INTJ I think of a computer nerd or someone whos really into something geeky. Maybe that was just closed minded of me though, you don't have to be a nerd to be someone who is good at being smart, deep thought and decision making.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 01:01:23 pm by Will »

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2014, 02:45:55 pm »
inthesky, i see, that is interesting! thanks for the info

Barry, you are the Obama of SEGAbits. Keeping strong leadership and making sure SEGAbits stays on top.

Piro, I never thought of you as an INTJ due to the way you post, but I think I can see it matching you! When I think of INTJ I think of a computer nerd or someone whos really into something geeky. Maybe that was just closed minded of me though, you don't have to be a nerd to be someone who is good at being smart, deep thought and decision making.

Hey, thanks for the compliment. =) Don't get me wrong, i'm a geeky dude, i just show it in different ways, haha. I'm definitely a more quiet type of guy though, keep shit to myself a lot, and i don't like to be around too many people. I'd rather have along or quiet time with my wife than go to a party or something along those lines. I'm a pretty sociable guy, it's just that i need time to myself sometimes as well.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2014, 03:19:12 pm »
Hey, thanks for the compliment. =) Don't get me wrong, i'm a geeky dude, i just show it in different ways, haha. I'm definitely a more quiet type of guy though, keep shit to myself a lot, and i don't like to be around too many people. I'd rather have along or quiet time with my wife than go to a party or something along those lines. I'm a pretty sociable guy, it's just that i need time to myself sometimes as well.

Yeah I need quiet time, too. I just start to get really exhausted if I'm doing extrovert personality type activities for too long.

Offline JRcade19

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2014, 05:53:37 pm »
You already know mine from the Skype chats about me being a walking stereotype lol.

INTJ. Tested 3 or 4 times officially in psych classes and elsewhere ect... Always that same result.

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2014, 06:00:46 pm »
You already know mine from the Skype chats about me being a walking stereotype lol.

INTJ. Tested 3 or 4 times officially in psych classes and elsewhere ect... Always that same result.

Oh, hey there dude ;D didn't realize you were on SEGAbits. I guess i didn't realize it cause the name is different.

Offline Saturn Memories

• Total Meseta: 3
  • In orbit around 1996.
    • Saturn Memories
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2014, 10:39:56 am »
INTJ, but that doesn't seem right. I don't exactly exude confidence.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 10:41:53 am by Saturn Memories »
Saturn Memories: A look back upon Sega in the mid-'90s. Featuring Saturn, ST-V, Model 2, and MORE!
Twitter: @SaturnMemories