Author Topic: SEGA and Tokyo game show 2014  (Read 16008 times)

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
Re: SEGA and Tokyo game show 2014
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2014, 03:29:46 pm »
Nagoshi has an aversion to journalists from what i hear..you'd really have to lock him down in a room to get him to answer questions otherwise he won't answer them in the environment of TGS where they are busy presenting titles since they are event and hardly Q/A sessions...

Well EDGE got him once.

I wonder what the new PSO2 developements are supposed to be about.

The new Miku is most likely a PS4 game.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2014, 06:21:27 am »
Well EDGE got him once.

I wonder what the new PSO2 developements are supposed to be about.

The new Miku is most likely a PS4 game.

Nagoshi use to write for EDGE so that's not a surprise that he would talk to them or Famitsu...but Famitsu aren't known to be pushy like some western journalists are especially the website journalists... 

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2014, 06:53:33 am »
Well EDGE got him once.

I used to know one of the translators for the likes of Nagoshi-san . They would say that Nagosh-san is pain and very arrogant and always late for interviews and meeting (if he turns up at all ) and would give the impression that he just couldn't be bothered and it was to much trouble to be called for interview (and make out he was busy in work ) He was meant to also be very rude to SEGA West when they were looking to bring Yakuza Kezan and Yakuza III to the west.

Maybe he's chilled out these days though 
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline inthesky

• Total Meseta: 5
  • Altaha Abilia
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2014, 02:51:53 am »
It really is an impressive lineup and it would take a Herculean effort to top that next year.

If Nagoshi's purported aversion to journalists is more or less true, I wouldn't be surprised. He often seems less chatty than other japanese industry figures like, Keiji Inafune, Katsuhiro Harada, Yoshinori Ono, Hideo Baba. Sure he still does interviews and some of those names are hard to compete with in publicity but it still seems more closed-off in comparison.
Proud recipient of the second ever Gary Player Award!
I support Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia HD ports!

Offline ROJM

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2014, 08:38:31 am »
It really is an impressive lineup and it would take a Herculean effort to top that next year.

If Nagoshi's purported aversion to journalists is more or less true, I wouldn't be surprised. He often seems less chatty than other japanese industry figures like, Keiji Inafune, Katsuhiro Harada, Yoshinori Ono, Hideo Baba. Sure he still does interviews and some of those names are hard to compete with in publicity but it still seems more closed-off in comparison.

Which beggers the question why SOJ wanted to make him into a superstar developer by amping up the YAKUZA series and giving him his own studio when he doesn't really market himself or make games beyond japan interest.
As for TGS i've seen worse line ups than this one but to be honest Sega hasn't set the world on fire with TGS for nearly a decade. Mainly because there is no surprise announcements....

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2014, 10:04:06 am »
Am I the only one not impressed by this line up all that much?

Disregarding the fact that nothing will get translated/see the light of day outside glorious nippon...

Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax (PS3, PS Vita) – Poverty fighter.

Hero Bank 2 (3DS) – Children's title? I don't know much about this one.

Phantasy Star Nova (PS Vita) – Nobody owns a Vita.

Phantasy Star Online 2 (PC, PS Vita) – Aren't we still waiting on a translation? Either way I don't into MMOs so maybe I'm bias for not getting excited.

Phantasy Star Online 2 es (iOS, Android) – MOBILE GAMES.

Puyopuyo Tetris (PS4, XBO) – Forgive me for not getting excited for Tetris. Odd that this game is coming to Xbone and PSQuad but RPGs and the like are stuck in MOBILE PHONE land.

Shining Resonance (PS3) – Continuing degeneracy of Shining series.

Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric (Wii U) – Everyone hates it (does it really look that bad? I haven't watched any footage yet)

Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal (3DS) – Everyone hates it, but to a lesser extent.

The World End Eclipse (PC, PS Vita, iOS, Android) – FREE TO PLAY, MOBILE PHONES. It also looks like a NES game or something, I have next to zero interest in this.

Yakuza 0 (PS4, PS3) – The one game that could save Sega's TGS in my eyes, will never be in my filthy non-Japanese hands.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2014, 12:17:05 pm »
Am I the only one not impressed by this line up all that much?

If Phantasy Star Online 2 Episode 3, Phantasy Star Nova and Ryu Ga Gotoku Zero (Plus all the Atlus games) were all being localised it would be a pretty impressive TGS overall.

But it's impressive only for the Japanese, for everyone else it is bitter tears ;_;

Offline inthesky

• Total Meseta: 5
  • Altaha Abilia
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2014, 02:14:35 pm »
http://gematsu.com/2014/09/sony-site-leaks-final-fantasy-type-0-hd-secret-ps4-titles-tgs

These would only be Sony's, I suppose? =P Nothing to expect for Sega folks?

I can understand not being excited to an extent. I still think there are a lot of games being shown but there are some curious absences (Virtua Fighter) and some "returning games" like Puyo Puyo Tetris, PSO2.
Proud recipient of the second ever Gary Player Award!
I support Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia HD ports!

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2014, 02:36:52 pm »
http://gematsu.com/2014/09/sony-site-leaks-final-fantasy-type-0-hd-secret-ps4-titles-tgs

I can understand not being excited to an extent. I still think there are a lot of games being shown but there are some curious absences (Virtua Fighter) and some "returning games" like Puyo Puyo Tetris, PSO2.

I think it's likely one of the Sony Playstation 4 titles is going to be Hatsune Miku. SEGA has been talking about it and it's probably the next step for the franchise.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2014, 02:49:01 pm »

I think VF will more likely be at something Arcade centric before TGS or another home console based show.

Offline Nirmugen

• Total Meseta: 11
  • Sneaking around in the city with blue,blue skies
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2014, 04:49:13 pm »
I think we will see something related to the VF soon (They just uploaded all the intros of the games in the official youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/VF20th/videos ) but ,just what Made says, we will see it in another show or similar.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2014, 11:14:24 pm »
If Phantasy Star Online 2 Episode 3, Phantasy Star Nova and Ryu Ga Gotoku Zero (Plus all the Atlus games) were all being localised it would be a pretty impressive TGS overall.

But it's impressive only for the Japanese, for everyone else it is bitter tears ;_;

Pretty much my thoughts. There is nothing for me to look forward to considering over half of the games shown won't ever be localized. Maybe they will have some surprises but won't get my hopes up.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2014, 01:59:02 pm »
Well its either THIS year or next year that we may see an ATLUS/SEGA hybrid game at its early stages...and we all know that Sega has given them freeway on dormant IP that they own. And we also know some of the atlus titles will be published by Sega at least in Europe. So there could be some kinda surprise to do with the company especially since this will be the first proper TGS that a Sega owned Atlus will participate in.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2014, 02:48:04 pm »
so who is going to be watching the SEGA stream? lol. i guess i will, but i get a feeling i'm only gonna make myself disappointed.

http://tgs.sega.jp/pc/program/index.html?j=1

here is the schedule, starts at 11:30 Tokyo time.

http://www.timebie.com/std/tokyo.php?q=11.5

Offline Nirmugen

• Total Meseta: 11
  • Sneaking around in the city with blue,blue skies
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2014, 02:52:23 pm »
If my connection doesn't dissapear like the other time, I will see it. Looking forward to Yakuza, PS and the new RPG.