Author Topic: Phantasy Star Online 2 - Official Pre-Release Topic  (Read 217813 times)

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
Re: Phantasy Star Online 2 - Official Pre-Release Topic
« Reply #270 on: April 09, 2012, 06:48:46 pm »
ah, those look good!.. 20 dollar discount code on the PSU helps make it easier to swallow, plus free 3 day shipping on both of those.

lmao although the reviews saying the powersupply bursted into flames doesn't make me feel comfortable
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 06:52:37 pm by ShadiNeko »

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #271 on: April 09, 2012, 07:07:11 pm »
umm how about this power supply? I'd feel safer, since theres no reviews saying its bursted into flames lmao, i really don't need to worry about that sort of stuff, got enough anxiety as it is

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139028

Offline ezodagrom

• Total Meseta: 3
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #272 on: April 09, 2012, 07:17:37 pm »
ah, those look good!.. 20 dollar discount code on the PSU helps make it easier to swallow, plus free 3 day shipping on both of those.

lmao although the reviews saying the powersupply bursted into flames doesn't make me feel comfortable
Only read a few of the reviews about it having too many cables, didn't saw those saying that it bursted into flames. Now I was also checking the reviews of the Antec BP550 Plus in Newegg, there's a couple of reviews with that one dieing in a "bang" as well.

For something more reliable, there's this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151095
But it's even more expensive and there's no discount coupon.

umm how about this power supply? I'd feel safer, since theres no reviews saying its bursted into flames lmao, i really don't need to worry about that sort of stuff, got enough anxiety as it is

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139028
About the Corsair, my brother (he works in a computer store) said that the newer Corsair power supplies tend to have an annoying whistling noise/high pitched buzzing, but I don't know if that only affects the TX V2 series, or if it also affects the CX V2 series. I also don't know if that issue only affected the early TX V2 series, or if newer revisions of these series have fixed it or not.
Other than that, Corsair power supplies are usually quite good.

EDIT: A cheaper Seasonic suggestion for $70, 520W:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=17-151-094
Compared to the Corsair you posted, this one is more efficient and it has rather close specs even though it's rated 520W instead of 600W.
Corsair 600W: +3.3V@25A, +5V@25A, +12V@40A
Seasonic 520W: +3.3V@24A, +5V@24A, +12V@40A
There's no reviews of it dieing with a "bang", there's one case where it died, but it died quietly, and most reviews are positive.

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #273 on: April 09, 2012, 07:33:58 pm »
Nice! that $70 seasonic is perfect, ill go with that.

You think that's still enough wattage for a 560 GTX? Cause.. I've heard good things about Seasonic and would have no problem going with them, I just want to make sure it's enough voltage.

also, sucks to hear that about antec xP they used to be known for the best PSU's, i guess their quality is slipping.

Offline ezodagrom

• Youtube Channel
« Reply #274 on: April 09, 2012, 07:50:04 pm »
Nice! that $70 seasonic is perfect, ill go with that.

You think that's still enough wattage for a 560 GTX? Cause.. I've heard good things about Seasonic and would have no problem going with them, I just want to make sure it's enough voltage.

also, sucks to hear that about antec xP they used to be known for the best PSU's, i guess their quality is slipping.
40A in the +12V line is definitely enough for the GTX560. :P

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #275 on: April 09, 2012, 07:56:50 pm »
40A in the +12V line is definitely enough for the GTX560. :P

Well.. alright...! xD I suppose I should learn more about power supplies, but they seem so complicated.

I just gotta say once again, Thanks so much! You have helped a ton! Looking forward to this upgrade. Hopefully order it sometime this week or next.

I don't think I should let myself order it until I catch up on all my work that I need to get done

Offline segaismysavior

• Martini in one hand, switchblade in the other
« Reply #276 on: April 10, 2012, 12:59:39 pm »
I think it's weird how the created character loses all lighting ingame, within the benchmark process. The game is on full settings for me but I may post my results later on and edit this post

Where's all the lighting from the character creation....?

The character creation portion is a controlled environment, almost like a professional photo shoot inside of a studio, so they can easily control the lighting to give better depth and contrast on the subject. When outdoors, especially in game environments, the lighting is more limited and has to be cleverly faked to produce pretty results.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #277 on: April 10, 2012, 04:02:59 pm »
Aww *sigh. Well i'm sure its not gonna bother me alot ingame when you're just going to look at the back of your character most of the time and not so much from close ups, I mean i still play pso bb to this day and im perfectly satisfied with it. If the reason is to keep things at 60fps i'm behind the decision. But yeah it'd be cool if the latest version would look better in that regard and tweak it up where it keeps a good performance.

All in all I expect this game to have a great launch compared to how it was going to launch initially before the delay. Im sure there will be updates in time that are going to make the game even better.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #278 on: April 10, 2012, 04:50:05 pm »
Man, I hope somebody makes an english text patch. The guide you posted on the frontpage gives out guidelines on how to change text, so I'm guessing it's a matter of time.

Loving the character creation mode. You can actually create characters that look exactly like other characters in anime series.

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #279 on: April 10, 2012, 06:08:34 pm »
I don't see what's wrong with the lighting

character creation is like a well lit studio, and the outdoor areas have different lighting depending on where you are. of course a dark city is going to make your character look darker, doesn't mean the lighting was turned off. It's just more realistic that way. would work the same way in real life.

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #280 on: April 10, 2012, 06:13:42 pm »
that area in general looks pretty. . .drab.  Is there actual lighting in this game?  Do we even have that confirmed?  Or is it faked? 

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #282 on: April 11, 2012, 10:26:08 am »
when is early summer? That is when they said the game will be open to everyone.

Offline ezodagrom

• Youtube Channel
« Reply #283 on: April 11, 2012, 10:50:43 am »
when is early summer? That is when they said the game will be open to everyone.
I'm guessing it'll be released around July.

Anyway, some news related to the character creation contest, the cash shop and character slots restrictions:
Today the official blog was updated with info on the character creator contest and some more info on character creation related Arks Cash info.

The character creator contest official site is up.  You can get to it by clicking here.  Entries will be accepted from today to 11:59 pm on April 20th.  All the entries will then be examined by the Sega staff.  A select number will then be available for the public to vote on them between April 27th and May 7th.  Entrants will need to put their best creation forward because only one entry is allowed per person and there is no editing an entry once it has been submitted.  There are a few prizes for those lucky enough to win one:
  • Grand Prize (1 person): Your character becomes an NPC in-game.
  • Producer's Award (1 person): You receive a 3D figure of your character.
  • Arks Award (1 person): You will receive a drawing of your character done by the art staff.
  • Rappy Award (5 people): A RAcaseal figure! (This one)
I haven't seen anything restricting participants to residents of Japan but I wouldn't be surprised if your entry was suspended because of it.

One of the things people have been saying is that costumes lack variation.  Luckily for you, there will be many more costume variations in the closed beta.  There will be more hairstyles too!  Of course, as many of you have predicted, these will be available with Arks Cash!  Hooray!

The closed beta will also serve to demo a few new costumes.  They won't be attainable yet but some NPCs will be wearing them so you can check them out in the lobby.  The blog doesn't say how these costumes will be available but it's very likely that some will be AC.

Finally, the blog states that you will only be able to make one character unless you purchase additional character slots with AC.  The maximum number of characters across all ships (servers) is limited to 12.  The purchasing of character slots is something that will be present in the closed beta so you'll have to use some of your alloted AC to make an alt.
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2734242

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #284 on: April 11, 2012, 08:20:29 pm »
http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-create-more-characters-with-arks-cash/

new updates down at the bottom, i cant figure out how to paste it nicely, its all clumped together no matter what i do, and takes way too long to format it myself, so yeah, go look yourself ;p

the part that got me... "Players can purchase 30 day My Room Rentals" XD

this sounds good to me

"There’s also a free Gacha called FUN Scratch, that uses FUN points.
You can get things like room items and other items.

You can collect FUN points through player evaluations.

Like for example 1 person can say “Good Job” through a menu to someone else and that will increase both of the players’ Fun points.

((It is unknown currently what restrictions they have on player evaluations, like once a day or one time per person?))

You can also collect Fun points by doing quests with Friend Partners.
*Friend Partners are NPC AI’s of your friends characters*"

this all sounds good to me, too

"Sakai plans to update the game every 3 to 4 weeks with maps, system updates, scratch contents, etc,
Plans to add new classes later

The level cap once the game comes out would be around level 40. This cap will increase as the game progresses.

First they plan to start letting players choose up to Hard difficulty for quests, but they plan to have several types of difficulties later. You can unlock these difficulties once you meet a certain condition.

After the game comes out they plan to add super huge bosses in multi-parties.

These bosses are much bigger than normal bosses, and you can have 12 players fight it.
First they will start with 3 planets, then.."