Author Topic: The House of the Dead 1 & 2 Remake (Switch,PC,PS4,XBox One,XBox Series X/S,PS5)  (Read 59422 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
Re: The House of the Dead 1 & 2 Remake (Switch)
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2022, 12:45:51 am »
Pre-Order THOTD Remake and take advantage of the Owner Discount -20%!

AMS Agents are always prepared to jump straight into the action!

Pre-Order THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD: Remake now and take advantage of the Owner Discount -20%!
Check games eligible for the promotion in the Nintendo eShop on your console

Link : https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-download-software/THE-HOUSE-OF-THE-DEAD-Remake-1951422.html

Offline Berto

« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2022, 12:47:51 am »
I hope the remake will come with limite edition light gun controllers for PC or Switch. I would so want PC Virtua Guns if that's the case.

That would be expensive since it would need R&D fund to make sure the gun worked well on the system and Forever Entertainment is a software developer, not controller maker

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2022, 04:55:47 am »
That would be expensive since it would need R&D fund to make sure the gun worked well on the system and Forever Entertainment is a software developer, not controller maker
For the Switch it might not be that expensive, it could just be a modified version of the Joy-Con gun, a plastic shell shaped like the Virtua Gun where the Joy-cons can fit in.
Either that or a third-party manufacturer to make the Virtua Gun for the Switch.

Virtua Gun for the PC, that would be a little more tricky. I know there is AimTrak light guns by Ultramarc so F3 or R&D may collab with them to make exclusive Virtua Guns for PC, I dunno.

I suppose the last sollution outside of F3 or promotional would be to DIY your own Virtua Gun. Either 3D-print the shell or take apart on old Virtua Gun and put in the components yourself.

Offline Berto

« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2022, 08:23:51 pm »
For the Switch it might not be that expensive, it could just be a modified version of the Joy-Con gun, a plastic shell shaped like the Virtua Gun where the Joy-cons can fit in.
Either that or a third-party manufacturer to make the Virtua Gun for the Switch.

If it was that easy, it should've been at least there is one company that make it before since other shooter games exist, but there was none.
Joycons tend to have problems.
Mine was drifting like crazy back then.

Virtua Gun for the PC, that would be a little more tricky. I know there is AimTrak light guns by Ultramarc so F3 or R&D may collab with them to make exclusive Virtua Guns for PC, I dunno.

I suppose the last sollution outside of F3 or promotional would be to DIY your own Virtua Gun. Either 3D-print the shell or take apart on old Virtua Gun and put in the components yourself.

Yes but Forever Entertainment isn't a big publisher.
House of the Dead Remake was even categorized as Indie game and featured in Indie Direct.
Some big company has to step in to make it happened.

Offline Berto

« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2022, 08:35:55 pm »
The House of the Dead: Remake for PS4 appears in PlayStation Network backend

An entry for a PlayStation 4 version of The House of the Dead: Remake has been added to the PlayStation Network backend, a Reddit user has discovered.
A tile image for the PlayStation 4 version, hosted on PlayStation.com servers, is also available.

Article : https://www.gematsu.com/2022/04/the-house-of-the-dead-remake-for-ps4-appears-in-playstation-network-backend

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2022, 05:54:56 am »
If it was that easy, it should've been at least there is one company that make it before since other shooter games exist, but there was none.
Joycons tend to have problems.
Mine was drifting like crazy back then.

Yes but Forever Entertainment isn't a big publisher.
House of the Dead Remake was even categorized as Indie game and featured in Indie Direct.
Some big company has to step in to make it happened.
I probably can't remember, but did Virtua Cop also came out on the PS2 and the Virtua Gun for PS2 was exclusive to it as well?

Offline Berto

« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2022, 08:33:05 pm »
I probably can't remember, but did Virtua Cop also came out on the PS2 and the Virtua Gun for PS2 was exclusive to it as well?

Really? If yes, nobody sell those in my country. Saturn and Dreamcast version only here.
PS2 Virtua Cop was compatible with Namco's GunCon 2 / G-Con 2 though,
so I think most of people prefer using it since it was compatible with many games.
The GunCon 2 was only compatible with CRT-based displays though.

Offline Berto

« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2022, 08:35:36 pm »
The House of the Dead: Remake Review – A Decent, Yet Deadly Fun Remake (Nintendo Switch)

Going on to Horde Mode, it is a different beast than the arcade original mode and is definitely not recommended for those who are new to the game. It can definitely be a bit too chaotic with so many creatures on screen to the point that it can be overwhelming. However, once you’ve unlocked the armory and collect the hidden weapons around the Curien Mansion, you’ll be kicking zombie ass in no time. I can tell you that the grenade launcher really comes handy against a group of creatures and projectiles. 

Read the review here : http://segabits.com/blog/2022/04/06/the-house-of-the-dead-remake-review-a-decent-yet-deadly-fun-remake-nintendo-switch/

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2022, 11:32:06 am »
Really? If yes, nobody sell those in my country. Saturn and Dreamcast version only here.
PS2 Virtua Cop was compatible with Namco's GunCon 2 / G-Con 2 though,
so I think most of people prefer using it since it was compatible with many games.
The GunCon 2 was only compatible with CRT-based displays though.
Did Dreamcast had it's own Virtua Gun? I mean I know there was the Dreamcast Gun which I never seen IRL. But did Sega made the Saturn Virtua Gun for the Dreamcast also?

Offline Berto

« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2022, 10:30:43 pm »
Did Dreamcast had it's own Virtua Gun? I mean I know there was the Dreamcast Gun which I never seen IRL. But did Sega made the Saturn Virtua Gun for the Dreamcast also?

No, only for Saturn version. Virtua Cop 2 for Dreamcast uses that Dreamcast Gun that you mentioned.

Offline Berto

« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2022, 10:31:42 pm »
THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD: Remake is Out Now on Switch! Happy Playing!

THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD: Remake just made it to the 30th position in bestsellers in Nintendo eShop NA!
Thank you so much, hope you all enjoy the game! 

Links :
https://twitter.com/ForeverEntert
https://twitter.com/SEGA/status/1512128070907416582/video/1
https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/the-house-of-the-dead-remake-switch

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2022, 06:24:57 pm »
No, only for Saturn version. Virtua Cop 2 for Dreamcast uses that Dreamcast Gun that you mentioned.
Oh well. Mouse and Typing of the Dead just as good. Though VR would be even better.

Offline Berto

« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2022, 12:15:31 am »
A -90% Owner Discount for Panzer Dragoon: Remake

Build your modern remakes collection with the Owner Discount on Nintendo Switch! 🧟

If you already own THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD: Remake, a -90% Owner Discount will be applied automatically while purchasing Panzer Dragoon: Remake 🐉

Link : https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch-games/THE-HOUSE-OF-THE-DEAD-Remake-1951422.html

Offline Berto

« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2022, 09:20:16 pm »
Any news on it's steam release yet?

Yes now. It's finally announced.

THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD: Remake's Released Date for PC, PS4, XBox One, and Stadia is confirmed : April 28, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YQC4vuS2No

Features :
• Well known arcade classic with modern graphics and controls, including gyro aiming
• True to the original gameplay
• Local 2-player multiplayer
• Multiple endings

Link : https://store.steampowered.com/app/1694600/THE_HOUSE_OF_THE_DEAD_Remake/

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2022, 08:43:29 am »
April 28th? That's just six days from now! I knew it will come to other platforms eventually but didn't expect an announcement with just less of a week release.