Author Topic: How to cope with unemployment stress?  (Read 3771 times)

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
How to cope with unemployment stress?
« on: March 10, 2012, 03:20:16 pm »
Let's say you just recentely lost your job, but you do a little digging around, in the meantime you get a few calls, you have someone that might hire you in the near future (which can mean anything between 2 weeks to three months or whatever), you have that annoying "between jobs" dead space that might be stressful for a while because, you got a lot of free time, the money's short so you have to manage it as best as possible.

If anyone's ever been in that position, do you have any tips/advice that could help make it a little easier?

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Re: How to cope with unemployment stress?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 04:28:20 am »
Last time I was in this position Bayonetta had just come out, so yeah, I was just playing that all day erry day an I didn't seem to have a problem.

Seriously though, just keep applying for stuff, and set aside some time each day to send out the resume and work on your CV etc. Also make sure you keep up the social life and see your friends and stuff, even though the first question any of them will ask will always be 'SO HOW'S THE JOB HUNT GOING!?'.

If it lasts for a very long time (month or more) you could even do some sort of education, check out community colleges or workshops for something you have an interest in.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 04:30:19 am by MadeManG74 »

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 06:59:17 am »
Volunteer work is a good option.
It keeps you busy, the job can be more rewarding than whatever you were getting paid for, and it looks good on your resume too. Everybody wins.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 11:06:11 am »
find something you enjoy that doesn't cost money

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 11:17:05 am »
Spend time with friends and family, they usually don't cost much and can keep you company.  8)

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2012, 02:58:59 pm »
Oh, my Lord! Hopefully, I might be gettin' ready to get back to work soon. A friend of mine just ringed me up and said that his company is looking for web programers as well as movie, tech and video game news & review contributors, it's a one-hour trip by train, but f*** it, I'm taking that chance!