Author Topic: Halloween 2012!  (Read 3735 times)

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
Halloween 2012!
« on: October 24, 2012, 03:56:14 pm »

HALLOWEEN - 2012

It's that time of the year, Ghosts and Goblins run amok, vampires prey on weak and werewolfes come out to howl at the moon. Demons play cards, while zombies bob for human brains and nobody's paying attention to the mummy.

But enough 'bout that, what are you guys guys gonna do for Halloween?

Play a scary video game? Scary movie marathon? Go see the latest Paranormal Activity? Read a frightning novel?

I got a few things on my list:

-Star Wars: Death Troopers audiobook: I love Star Wars audio books, it's not just one dude narrating the whole thing, it's en entire production with full cast and sound effects. I've listened to this novel afew good times, but I can't wait to start listening in on this while I walk my dogs and strolling;
-Play Condemned: Criminal Origins on the PC: A buddy of mine is playin' Resident Evil 6 on my 360 and till then, I've kept my eyes on this one;
-The Simpsons: Treehouse of Horror marathon: My favorite episodes from The Simpsons, some are excellent, some are OK-ish, only a few are mediocre, but they are worth watching, even better is watching a lot of 'em with a few beers in hand;
-Paranormal Activity 4 - I'm gonna watch this one on November 1st;

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: Halloween 2012!
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 07:30:51 am »

I love me some Halloween! Past years I made it a goal to obtain and watch one horror franchise each year. Three years ago it was Puppet Master, two years ago it was Nightmare on Elm Street and last year it was Friday the 13th. This year, however, I really couldn't find a series that I wanted to buy. Mainly because I wanted to get the complete Subspecies series, and almost did for just $14.99, but the studio announced that the series is getting an HD upgrade for blu-ray later this year. D'oh!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-hjON6wP-M[/youtube]

So instead I've been watching whatever I want and closer to the big day I plan to watch a lot of the Universal Monster movies, of which I own all the Frankenstein, Dracula, Wolfman and Invisible Man movies.

I've watched a good deal of The Simpsons Treehouse of Horror episodes, Killer Klowns from Outer Space on blu-ray, Gods & Monsters (bio pic of the director of Frankenstein and The Invisible Man) and plan to see RiffTrax Live: BIRDEMIC! tonight.

I've also been eating a bit of weird candy and Halloween themed foods, like pumpkin peeps, sour apple sugar babies, boo berry, count chocula and kool-aid ghoul aid.

On the big night, I'll probably stay in, drink, make some popcorn and watch old horror movies.

If you like retro blogs, I highly recommend Dinosaur Dracula: http://dinosaurdracula.com/
It's a newish site created by a dude who I have been following since the early 00's. He started with X-Entertainment and Dino Drac is essentially the same thing, but without all the baggage of years of back logged articles. He writes about old toys, new toys, commercials, odd local festivals, candy, kool-aid, retro movies. It's a grab bag of fun. Right now he's in Halloween, with a daily retro commercial. Good stuff.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 07:35:33 am by Barry the Nomad »

Offline mylifewithsega

• Total Meseta: -65531
  • "Just stick it in your Genesis!"
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 04:42:03 pm »
Well, the last few years have been horror movie marathons. My Top 5 Favorites are as follows....

1. The Haunting (1963)
2. Halloween (1978)
3. The Evil Dead (1981)
4. Event Horizon (1997)
5. The Shining (1980)

This year, a lady friend and I are hitting a haunted house here in Maryland. It's gonna' be blast.
Master-Cast TV: The Four-Mega Web Series!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC74cjduzFdR2ZXCt0bQv_0Q

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 06:40:58 am »
I rarely celebrate this tradition (I did when I was younger).

I'll probably watch some comedy horror show...but I am interested in watching "The Rocky Horror Picture Show"...which is something I would like to go to one day (around this time of year as well).
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 12:54:16 pm »
Been home yesterday and today, power was out from last night to noon today. So while the power was out I read the behind the scenes book of Disney's The Haunted Mansion ride.

Now that the power is back, I might catch a few scary movies.