Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild discussion  (Read 2941 times)

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild discussion
« on: March 15, 2017, 10:48:49 am »
Figured I'd make a topic for the hot new Wii U game. Oh, it's also on Switch.

Is anybody on the forums playing it?

It's pretty good so far, I'm several hours in but am mainly running about and not following the main missions. I visited the temples and unlocked the glider thingy and went and boarded a horse at a stable.

I watched the Cinemassacre playthrough up to where I'm at and was annoyed to learn that had I climbed to the top of a nearby mountain, the old man would give me a shirt for cold resistance. I already completed the old man's quests, but went back anyway only to see he is gone and I don't get a shirt. wtf?

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild discussion
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 12:49:57 pm »
If you just unlocked the glider thingy; If you thought it was good already, you may like it even more. The game really starts after that.

Personally when I was still around that beginning part, I think it's called plateau, I did find that the game felt great, but I still didn't feel what the hype was all about.

After getting past that and seeing the rest of the world. Man... Seriously it does show how level design and overall world design is very important. There's something interesting around every corner or above every ledge/mountain. The shrines have excellent puzzles akin to indie games of late. Not your typical simple puzzle stuff. I like the game a lot. I havent played much either. Im safing the experience for when I play it on the superior hardware. Frame rate drops are bad for WII U, especially in town. I borrowed the game from a friend but I may gonna give it back. I'll be checking how the nintendo switch is doing in the market and may jump next year if it isnt a failure
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 09:06:05 am by CrazyT »

Offline Mengels7

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 06:28:05 pm »
Obsessed with this game. I've even been bringing my Switch into work to play on my lunch break since I can't get enough of it.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2017, 10:36:42 pm »
I took my Wii U Gamepad to work and the signal went out 2 feet out the door of my house -_-

Just kidding.

---

I just reached this coliseum area with a super strong centaur. I know I am too weak to beat him, but I keep going in to get killed. lol, it sort of feels like that Edge of Tomorrow movie (All You Need Is Kill)

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2017, 09:04:42 am »
Obsessed with this game. I've even been bringing my Switch into work to play on my lunch break since I can't get enough of it.
Obsessed is the right word. Its exactly how I feel after deciding to quit for now.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 10:10:01 am by CrazyT »