Author Topic: iPad: Who gives a shit?  (Read 49967 times)

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Total Meseta: 24
  • Smotrenfu!
    • http://www.CliveBarkerCast.com
Re: iPad: Who gives a shit?
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2010, 10:33:44 am »
My 3G iPad arrives in 7 days!  I'm going to take a couple hours off of work so I can sign for it when the FedEx guy arrives.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Orta

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2010, 03:27:28 pm »
I thought you had yours already?

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Smotrenfu!
« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2010, 04:39:52 pm »
April 30th is the 3G model.  I have all the peripherals already, but they don't do me much good.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2010, 06:37:26 pm »
Is the 3G really worth it for a guy like me that has access points all over the place?
And does the non 3G version have GPS?
SEG4GES

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Smotrenfu!
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2010, 11:40:46 pm »
It's worth it for me, because I travel a lot.  I have access points at home and work, and my dad's house.  SO I may not be using the 3G a ton.  I think it's worth it, because you may find yourself somewhere where you wish you could use the apps that connect to the internet.

Offline Monkeroony

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2010, 11:18:24 am »
Oooh, you'll have to post some impressions!

I have saved up about a third of my car fund but that could turn into an iPad if I get excited (or a new macbook pro in August if I give up on car ownership)

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2010, 01:57:36 pm »
And I still have to check out the new iPhone 4 coming out in the Summer. I'll get that or an iPad.
SEG4GES

Offline Monkeroony

« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2010, 05:03:28 pm »
oh yeah, my iphone 3g contract ended ages ago.

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Smotrenfu!
« Reply #68 on: April 26, 2010, 02:05:10 am »
Thanks Monkerooney, I will do that.  

It's confusing they keep calling the new iPhone 4G (unofficially).  I think because it's 4th generation, not because it's going to use a 4G network.  I've also heard it called iPhone HD.  I don't know how Gizmodo figured out it's resolution from looking at the screen telling you to plug the phone in to iTunes.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #69 on: April 26, 2010, 10:28:04 am »
They dissembled the phone, maybe there was some description in the screen or something? I dunno :/
SEG4GES

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Smotrenfu!
« Reply #70 on: May 01, 2010, 10:53:57 am »
So I've got my iPad now.  SO far it's been great.  My only complaint is with my photo library.  It's corrupted somehow, so it can't get on iPods, iPhones, and now the iPad.  Also, it can be a little awkward to type on it when it's in your lap.  If it gets too flat the screen might flip around upside-down.  I've heard there is an orientation lock, but I haven't spent too much time looking for it yet.  

Watching video is great.  The email client is much nicer than the one on the iPhone, and the contacts and calender Apps are amazing.  They are already synced with my home and 2 work computers.  

Since I stayed home from work in anticipation of it's arrival, I haven't set up the 3G MTM plan yet.  I'll wait until the first time I need it.  I've also downloaded a ton of books on iBooks, but I haven't read anything yet.  I read somewhere that the light the screen gives off will keep you awake at night, because it's like daylight.  We have midnight sun here, so I don't think that's going to bother me much.  Mostly now I've been organizing my apps, which takes a long time, and testing out all the ones I bought before this thing arrived.  Some were a disappointment, and some were great.  

I started to type this post on the iPad, but I felt more comfortable quoting and finding the techradar review and pasting it in my post on a computer, where I could open a separate window of Safari.  I'm sure I could have found a way to do it on the iPad, but desktop computers still have their place, I suppose.  Also, multi-tasking will come soon enough, and I will get more used to using the iPad more.  

Anyway, that's all I have for now.    

Quote from: "George"
Quote from: "MadeManG74"
The whole thing seems like a bad joke, or Apple proving to the world that their fans will buy anything with the Apple logo on it.
They probably would.

JooJoo seems a ton better. It supports flash and 1080p video.
https://thejoojoo.com/

That's a pretty ignorant thing to say.  Everyone's stupid except George and MadeMan...  Sometimes this forum seems pretty hostile, and I wonder why I come here.  

When I was in college the cool thing was to tell me I was wasting my money buying a Mac, because the company was going to go out of business, and there are no games for it.  Now the cool thing to say is that Apple fans are mindless idiots who buy things because they are shiny.  Apparently it's not enough to decide for yourself that you don't want to buy Apple's stuff.  You have to say that everyone who does is stupid.  

Other than the fact that the Joojoo doesn't support 1080p or Flash (not exactly), you post was right-on.  You champion this piece of beeping garbage because it's meant to be some kind of competition for Apple.  When you buy one of these JooJoos for yourself, please give us your review (of course I know you will never buy one).  I also like how the apps are web apps, but they make you download them from a store anyway, so that it acts more like the iPad.  and 4GB storage?   I'll stick with my 64GB iPad.

http://www.techradar.com/news/mobile-co ... iew-686729

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #71 on: May 01, 2010, 02:47:16 pm »
Lol that mojo-joojoo computer ipad knockoff thing only lasts 5 hours on Wi-Fi. That's pretty low. It also does nothing better than the iPad does. I don't see how it's "a ton better".

Anyway, what's the problem of Apple fans buying Apple products? Apple products are great. And for most people they do everything that matters out of the box with amazing quality.
SEG4GES

Offline fluffymoochicken

« Reply #72 on: May 01, 2010, 04:45:26 pm »
I'm not sure if I've mentioned this already, but my friend bought one of these. :|

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Smotrenfu!
« Reply #73 on: May 01, 2010, 07:41:37 pm »
Quote from: "fluffymoochicken"
Over half a million people are complete morons today, it would seem. Sales estimates I've seen are projected at around 700,000.

I'm not sure if I've mentioned this already, but my friend bought one of these. :|

Did you inform your friend?  How did they take the news?

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #74 on: May 01, 2010, 07:46:39 pm »
Quote from: "Emmett The Crab"
Over half a million people are complete morons today, it would seem. Sales estimates I've seen are projected at around 700,000.

Did you inform your friend?  How did they take the news?
ouch. Emmett, you crab  :afroman:
SEG4GES