Author Topic: What are you watching?  (Read 42438 times)

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
Re: What are you watching?
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2015, 11:20:53 pm »

I guess he does a popular podcast, the show is good. It reminds me of a less depressing version of Louis CK.

Also DC Animations first online short for Gods and Monsters has been released. Welcome to Justice League from another world where Batman is a vampire:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpu6yPAFHrs
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 11:55:35 pm by George »

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2015, 07:34:57 am »
I watched Ninja Scroll the other day for the first time in years. Great animated movie, I'd forgotten how beautiful some of the scenes were.

I love the basic story with some really great characters and fights rolled up into a really great self-contained film.
One of the few Anime I really love (alongside Castle of Cagliostro).

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2015, 10:33:18 am »
Just finished rewatching the original Jurassic Park again.

This film is so so good. The T-Rex scenes are still as great as ever.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2015, 02:13:50 am »
So I just finished watching the entire season 3 of Elementary.

Man, what a massive improvement over the previous seasons. It's uncommon for shows to improve so much in a third season. And I feel like I got what I wanted, 24 straight episodes of solving crimes, some very well written, other OK at best. Never boring.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2015, 08:46:47 am »
Just finished rewatching the original Jurassic Park again.

This film is so so good. The T-Rex scenes are still as great as ever.

I haven't seen that for so, so long. Must be more than 15 years.

Jeez, I haven't been watching much of anything at all recently. I should start on House of Cards.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2015, 10:19:10 pm »
Rewatching all of Peep Show for the glorious final season this year!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jihNDjeQGSE
Made by SEGA

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2015, 07:32:00 am »
^I need to get into that, I heard it's great.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2015, 09:02:37 am »
^I need to get into that, I heard it's great.

It is, without a doubt my favourite comedy series of all time. Hearing the thoughts of the two main characters is a stroke of genius. Their love/hate relationship, uncomfortable dependence on each other and general social awkwardness makes for some of the most glorious cringe comedy ever. Worst/best of all you're bound to see bits of yourself in them that you wish you didn't... Its comedy perfection imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiKEUgyls8k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiKEUgyls8k
Made by SEGA

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2015, 11:42:28 am »
Back to watching some older shows:

Yes Minister - Bit of a classic this one, it's kind of amazing how these characters are all based on real life politicians and some of their schemes (Shipping alcohol with them to a Muslim country and "hiding" it as orange juice) are based on real life events. If only politics was this funny still, we might have some cool people to vote for.

Shirokuma Cafe - Despite a slow opening I really love this show now and I'm only on episode 10! All the characters play really well off of each other and some of the exchanges are really good too. It's also a great show to pick up and drop so you don't have to blast through it in one viewing, it's been months since I started watching this show but I'm familiar enough with it that I can drop it for a while and pick it right back up when I feel I need a laugh.

Highly recommended if you like some oddball (And I do mean oddball) humour.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2015, 05:29:00 am »

As someone like me who is not a fan of Naruto or Naruto Shippuden, I have to say I am very impressed by The Last: Naruto the Movie. It's a romantic dramedy that has just the right amount of action. The last 15 minutes (including credits) actually made me tear up. Can't remember the last time a movie, let alone an anime made me do that.

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2015, 04:25:14 pm »
Ripper Street. Season 1-3 so far has been brilliant!

Offline max_cady

« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2015, 03:44:48 pm »
So Naruto helped get back into anime. Been bingewatching it like crazy. I cannot wait to finish it so I can jump in to Shippuden.

And because I hate myself so much, I took a little break from Naruto before I get sick of it and decided to watch something different:

Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai (My Little Sister Can't Be this Cute)

If this synopsis doesn't freak you out and make you take a cold shower, then things should go smoothly... Basically, it's about a brother and sister who for many years have treated each other like complete strangers despite the fact that they were such good childhood friends. One day Kyosuke finds out that her sister (Kirino) has been stockpilling a ton of "little sister"-themed erotic pc games. Kyosuke uses this opportunity to help her sister out of her addiction, help her find new friends and fix their broken relantionship.  As time goes by, however, both protagonists find themselves in a very strange place as it becomes obvious that Kirino has strong feelings towards her big brother.

After watching all the 32 episodes (like I mentioned before, I hate myself), this anime sends some very mixed signals... On the one hand, it's clear as day that they want us, the audience, to feel for Kirino and Kyosuke's relantionship, in particular how it evolves into something a little more intimate (for the record, they are not step-siblings, which is often the case in these types of risqué animes, they are blood-related and this series is loud and proud about it). But on the other, this often feels like an Otaku / Erotic Games PSA, because none of the characters, be it the friends, be it the parents, be it Kyosuke's ex-girlfriends and even our main heroes aren't that stupid. What the characters appear to be doing is bad / unacceptable and we are beaten over the head with that message every single solitary episode. But once again, mixed signals overall:  the series is proud to be risqué, but on the other hand it's very tame when compared to your standard ecchi / harem series, way more romantic dramedy then gratutious and shallow nudity, pantsu jokes and general lewdness.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 08:41:26 am by max_cady »

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2015, 02:28:47 am »
Narco.

Its really good.

Offline Moody

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2015, 01:19:44 pm »
Got into Rick and Morty on a whim. I looked up the first ep not really planning on liking it, and ended up watching the entire series so far in one go. It's kind of like Invader ZIM in terms of tone, pacing, and timing, just with slightly less aliens and more swearing. The gore level's about the same though (man ZIM was grotesque as fuck for 2002).

Basically, this old dude is living with his daughter and her family, and takes his grand son on adventures, usually of the interdimensional variety. If you're into really fast-paced, dark humor, you'll probably like it. A lot of people compare it to Futurama, but aside from the "going on space adventures" part, they're really nothing alike.

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2015, 04:27:06 pm »
Mr. Robot - Best show of the year!
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88