SEGAbits Website > Announcements & Feedback

Read this before posting a topic!

(1/6) > >>

Happy Cat:
This forum is only for making suggestions or posting about a tech issue. Any other topic made will either be deleted or moved to the appropriate forum.

Also, if you see an existing open topic that fits in the issue you are having, post in that topic.

That is all, thanks!

original post below
=================

I want to know what kinds of features(oh and by features i mean technicalish site features, not our story features) SEGAbits members want the most.

I got ideas in my head, but the site is built for you guys, what kind of features would you like to see?

Speak your heart out, I won't look down on you if I don't agree on your idea. Just want a general idea of what people would like to see so i can start implementing these ideas into my plans.

Please note: this is only suggestions, can't make any guarantee that the features you want will be used

Nameless 24:
I think once you replied you shouldn't be taken out of the thread and put back into the forum page.

I know it's not a big one, but I usually like checking to see if my edits are correct (I am not so good at word structuring you see).

Other then that, I am not too tech savvy despite being a Graphic Designer. lol

Pao:
It would be great if you could link the Blog with the forums, so I can comment on articles with my forum account... I remember you had the earlier versions of Segabits, and I would really like it back.

Happy Cat:
@nameless 24 got any examples of your work? I'd be curious to see it, I want to get into graphic design too, but I'm more of a web designer at the moment.

--- Quote from: Pao on September 24, 2012, 02:12:27 am ---It would be great if you could link the Blog with the forums, so I can comment on articles with my forum account... I remember you had the earlier versions of Segabits, and I would really like it back.

--- End quote ---

I'll come out and say it right now, even though I told myself I wasn't going to comment on the possibility of features. but... that won't be happening with the upcoming changes. When we did that, we had phpbb3(not good forum software btw) and there used to be a bridge that would link phpbb3 and wordpress accounts together, but the guy who maintained the bridge stopped supporting it, so we decided to switch to SMF. and yeah, merging wordpress and SMF2 isnt happening, they are vastly different and crazy.

Maybe in the future I could pull something off. I can't say either way though, lot's of things that are unknown at the moment.

Thinking I might move the forums to mybb software, I'm kinda getting tired of how annoying SMF is in terms of certain things, but I'll just have to see how everything goes.

SMF used to be regarded as the best free forum software, but it looks like myBB is a good option to shift to. Apparently MyBB is comparable to vbulletin in how well it runs on major loads. Of course we don't really have major loads(lots of members) here at SEGAbits, but it's still nice to have software that runs nice. I mean why not, it's free :P

I downloaded MyBB locally this morning and installed it, it does seem nice, the default theme is a bit ugly, but it will look good once tweaked.

CrazyT:
A quick reply box would be nice :p

Edit: Design alternatives would be cool as well. I was thinking of darker themes

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version