Author Topic: Alien: Isolation Release Discussion - Reviews & Spoilers  (Read 60352 times)

Offline Nirmugen

• Total Meseta: 11
  • Sneaking around in the city with blue,blue skies
Re: Alien: Isolation Release Discussion - Reviews & Spoilers
« Reply #120 on: October 13, 2014, 11:58:38 am »
Mmm,  maybe but FIFA 15 seems to be unstoppable this year, specially when they reach 5 M only in a week.

Anyway, I expect long legs for A:I in this month and later on. Possibly they are going to reach the 1.5 million at the end of the year.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #121 on: October 13, 2014, 12:13:49 pm »
Sometimes i think EA, Trip Hawkins, selled their collective souls to the devil with the amount of sales that they get...

Offline JRcade19

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #122 on: October 13, 2014, 07:07:03 pm »
It's not all that surprising really. The Brits love them some Xenomorphs...but they love Football multiple times more.

Football Manager and FIFA have prove such for years.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #123 on: October 13, 2014, 07:29:58 pm »
Given the age rating, I'd say number 2 ain't bad against a sports title which I assume is all ages.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #124 on: October 13, 2014, 07:43:19 pm »
Also even though this is FIFA's third week, the total sales managed to exceed 120,000 units sold, which is impressive debut numbers for games in the UK, let alone a game on it's third week.

Any other time of the year Alien: Isolation would have been number 1.

Speaking of that game, I finally completed. I am never playing it again.

The game has broken me.

A fantastic terrifying title.

But I can't handle the stress anymore. Especially a certain mission in the teens, that left me scared.

A great job from SEGA and The Creative Assembly.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #125 on: October 13, 2014, 08:19:36 pm »
Finished, loved. But for a sequel there are some things I need.

1) More varied locations... The locations were AWESOME really cool, looked and felt incredible just to be in. But even the most delicious bacon gets boring if you eat it every day. I want more verity in locations, I know there are a few stark changes but not often enough.

2) The game touched on Bio-shock/FallOut 3 style open world to explore but I think it could be expanded on... How about real colonies I can go too and from, real time gangs and groups roaming around that I can run into, befriend or become a wanted enemy of. All round smarter more substantial human interactions would be awesome.

3) More changes of pace, again there was some cool ones I wont spoil but again they were too few and far between. I loved the stealth gameplay but I need something to break it up once in a while, same with turning on electric and hacking and finding this and that.

And finally a suggestion.
Chases! If you haven't seen the 'bear chase' from Condemned 2 go check it out. It's the most scared I've ever been in a game. It was frantic, claustrophobic, tense, scary and fun all at once... I think it would be awesome in an Alien game.
Made by SEGA

Offline Mariano

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Segarion
    • Funnoticias
« Reply #126 on: October 13, 2014, 08:20:57 pm »
Also even though this is FIFA's third week, the total sales managed to exceed 120,000 units sold, which is impressive debut numbers for games in the UK, let alone a game on it's third week.

Any other time of the year Alien: Isolation would have been number 1.

Speaking of that game, I finally completed. I am never playing it again.

The game has broken me.

A fantastic terrifying title.

But I can't handle the stress anymore. Especially a certain mission in the teens, that left me scared.

A great job from SEGA and The Creative Assembly.

Agree. The final mission and the ending is amazing...maybe will disappoint some people but for me it is just great.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #127 on: October 14, 2014, 08:33:37 am »
Chases! If you haven't seen the 'bear chase' from Condemned 2 go check it out. It's the most scared I've ever been in a game. It was frantic, claustrophobic, tense, scary and fun all at once... I think it would be awesome in an Alien game.

I agree, that moment sticks out to me as one of the most panic-inducing moments in a game ever. I figured that Alien could do this perfectly since it's an occasion where you're just being hunted constantly.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #128 on: October 14, 2014, 09:59:24 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iW_X-oUhOY

great review. The guys goes on forever but you'll probably find yourself agreeing with almost everything he says. He really slams into mainstream review sites like IGN and GameSpot, accuses them of not caring enough to play the game right because SEGA didn't pay them enough marketing money.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #129 on: October 14, 2014, 10:10:36 am »

Question is whether there will be a next ALIEN game from Sega. This is meant to be the last game in the deal they made with Fox licensing....
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 10:14:36 am by ROJM »

Offline JRcade19

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #130 on: October 14, 2014, 10:15:23 am »
They can always renew the contract. That of course is if Fox is willing to say yes. Sega clearly wants to continue making Alien games.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #131 on: October 14, 2014, 10:16:54 am »

Question is whether there will be a next ALIEN game from Sega. This is meant to be the last game in the deal they made with Fox licensing....

Oh, just in time for Activision or EA to take the gold away from SEGA that they worked so hard to achieve!

Offline ROJM

« Reply #132 on: October 14, 2014, 10:25:34 am »
They can always renew the contract. That of course is if Fox is willing to say yes. Sega clearly wants to continue making Alien games.

Well they would have had to renew the contract before this game...I haven't heard anything to be honest so i can't say if its been renewed or not. But its not like Fox wanted Sega to make the ALIENS game in the first place..so it depends if they want them to continue..which i can't see if they would unless things have changed..

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #133 on: October 14, 2014, 04:39:07 pm »
Looking back at it, my only major problem with the game was the character models and cutscenes were seriously lacking (Specifically the lip synching and how stiff the models felt.) I also really dislike how underdeveloped the side characters all were bar one, it's a damn shame because they could have had a much more meatier and decent plot but instead is just sort of there.

Fantastic game otherwise.

No offence but I would want none of this. It goes against every design point the game established that felt very closely linked to the original film.

Though other than point 2, something based off of Aliens would work well with all those points you made.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #134 on: October 16, 2014, 03:32:31 am »
Yes ALIENS would do well with the point Shark made. Prehaps a semi prequel game with the same lead character.