Author Topic: Alien: Isolation Release Discussion - Reviews & Spoilers  (Read 60355 times)

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
Re: Alien: Isolation Release Discussion - Reviews & Spoilers
« Reply #150 on: October 23, 2014, 09:01:22 pm »
Sorry XD

it's ok. was motivation to add a spoiler tag. i'll get around to adding it on the post page to sometime in the future.. but for now.. here is how to use it:

Code: [Select]
[spoiler]I'm a spoiler![/spoiler]
Example:
[spoiler]I'm a spoiler![/spoiler]

and just click on it to reveal it.

Note: spoiler tag doesnt seem to be currently working on tapatalk, it just hides everything completely without an option to show it.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 09:49:20 pm by Will »

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #151 on: October 23, 2014, 10:43:07 pm »
I've been busy and haven't gotten the SEGAbits review up. This is the first game I'll be capturing, writing, voicing and editing a video review for, so patience. But I don't get why people find the first 'few hours' of it boring. I love it, reminds me of a slasher film and allows the user to get a sense of the atmosphere.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #152 on: October 24, 2014, 05:30:32 am »
The Alien AI almost needs to be isn't own seperate topic. Last night I witnessed some interesting manouvers. One of thoe situations I almost froze because It was just standing across the room possibly staring at me. It remained motionless for a little while until it started running. I had to carefully circle around the crates, making sure it didn't me. It actually tried to leave the room and twice it came back to do a last sweep.

The manual save can be viewed as problem by some, but to me it was a clever design choice. The fact that you can still move your sight to check to see if nobody is there also adds to the effect.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #153 on: October 24, 2014, 06:12:20 am »
Alright guys ima get it on pc then. I think I can handle this... I mean I was able to handle bioshock 1 and i've seen some dutch outlets comparing this to bioshock + amnesia. Not sure if accurate. Either way, i'm looking forward to it. I may wait for a inevitable wintersale (dat steam mentality)

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #154 on: October 25, 2014, 08:12:25 pm »
I'm gonna try not to spoil anything, but I was kinda surprised at this point: I have had like 3 or so moments where it felt like the game was ending (One particularly tought part is that I had to play on Easy Mode, because it was just too much). Man those Working Joes can sometimes be almost as creepy as the actual Xeno.

Offline BrianTerror

• Total Meseta: 0
    • Jogos de Terror
« Reply #155 on: November 04, 2014, 07:47:25 am »
Looks awesome, def gonna buy it.

Offline Nirmugen

• Total Meseta: 11
  • Sneaking around in the city with blue,blue skies
« Reply #156 on: November 13, 2014, 03:28:59 pm »
So far, first month sales according to VGChartz:

-Total: 620k
-Best selling version (PS4): 300k

Shipped copies (not 100% accurate): In between 800k and a million.

That's a good month and I doesn't even count digital sales (I see that the PS4 version reach the TOP 10 PS4 games in PSN last month. I don't have information about Xbox Live or Steam sales).

Offline Nirmugen

• Total Meseta: 11
  • Sneaking around in the city with blue,blue skies
« Reply #157 on: November 27, 2014, 12:36:54 pm »
Double post! xD

Although A:I doesn't seems to be a best seller, I think this game has enough recognition, sales and critics/gamers approval to greenlight another project from the CA Console Team.

A game with the same stealth, crafting and weapon system but without the Alien franchise, could be interesting.

Also, they can rewrite all of that for a more less complex version. What are you thoughts about that?

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #158 on: November 28, 2014, 06:56:56 am »
Please don't use VGChartz for sales info. They can be alright at estimates, but that's all their sales figures are: estimates.

Anyway, the game is on sale right now on EU PSN: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/nl-nl/games/alien-isolation/cid=EP0177-CUSA00362_00-ALIENISOLATIONP4

The season pass is supposed to be on sale as well, but right now it's just showing the normal price for me: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/nl-nl/alien-isolation-season-pass/cid=EP0177-CUSA00362_00-AISEASONPASSCB01

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #159 on: November 28, 2014, 09:44:19 pm »
I believe we'll see another small surge in sales when it garners a few Game of the Year awards.

Offline fernandeath

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #160 on: February 27, 2015, 04:33:08 pm »
I have finished the game today (X360 version).
It was great indeed.
The first half was quite scary then I got the flamethrower and I got the guts to face the Alien.
I just think some of the missions could be shortened, especially those involving the androids...

Are the DLC worth getting ?

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #161 on: March 13, 2015, 04:26:04 am »
For those who were on the fence like me

66% off at greenmangaming!!

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/nl/en/pc/games/action/alien-isolation/

Offline Mariano

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Segarion
    • Funnoticias
« Reply #162 on: March 19, 2015, 05:23:22 pm »
According to the japanese website of the game, it will come out in november the six:

http://alienisolation.sega.jp/top.html