Author Topic: Sega releases new hardware..kinda  (Read 12593 times)

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
Sega releases new hardware..kinda
« on: February 12, 2013, 06:36:13 am »
Sega has released Sega Note PCs, Laptops themed around their various consoles, mainly the megadrive, saturn and the Dreamcast.

Details..

The company has partnered with Japanese PC retailer Enterbrain to launch the Sega Note PCs, a range of laptops themed around the company's various historical console efforts. Each of the Mega Drive, Sega Saturn and Dreamcast Note PCs feature a cover designed to replicate the appearance of their console namesakes, while a brushed-aluminium blue version provides a more understated look for the generic Sega fan.

The entry-level model packs an Intel Pentium 2020M chip with a 500GB hard drive and 4GB of RAM, with the next model upping the stakes to an Intel Core i3-3120M processor, 500GB hard drive and 8GB of RAM, while also replacing the lower model's DVD drive with a Blu-ray reader. The near-top version, meanwhile, boasts a Core i7-3630QM chip with 8GB of RAM and a 120GB SSD, while the top-end model matches those specifications but replaces the Blu-ray reader with a writer. Each comes with a Full HD 15.6" display, and a choice from the aforementioned four lid finishes - except for the peak model, which comes with all four lid types for easy swapping and changing depending on mood.

There's another bit of bad news along the way, too: thus far, there is no indication that Sega is planning an international launch for the laptops. If you're planning a trip to Japan any time soon, pricing starts at ¥99,750 and rises to ¥194,250 (around £680 to £1,325 excluding taxes.)

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardware/2013/02/12/sega-laptops/1

http://mobile.segadatabase.net/?p=1549

http://ebten.jp/p/4974365702854

I guess one could buy one of these systems and run whatever emulator of their fave Sega system to get close to the real thing.

Offline semmie

• Banned
Re: Sega releases new hardware..kinda
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 08:38:53 am »
Sega has released Sega Note PCs, Laptops themed around their various consoles, mainly the megadrive, saturn and the Dreamcast.

Details..

I guess one could buy one of these systems and run whatever emulator of their fave Sega system to get close to the real thing.

gimme the link with paypal pay and imma order that stuff. sega is expirementing so we should buy this shot to give them self esteem

Offline ROJM

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 08:50:50 am »
The link is already included in my original post. I can't see this going beyond anything they've done already with computers like the Sega PC/Teradrive and the Sega Pico/Beeno line of computer hardware. Japan only or limited release and then it stops all support.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 08:55:30 am »
Semmie, give me your credit card number and I'll order you one.

Offline semmie

• Banned
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 12:50:28 pm »
Semmie, give me your credit card number and I'll order you one.

dont know where your from but can u tell me the prices in euro pls. i dont know the exact price.
personally i think imma take the neutral one with sega above. it just feels legit that way

Offline Kori-Maru

• Total Meseta: 9
  • AMS Kagekidan sanjou-desu!
    • The Website of the Dead
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 01:21:34 pm »
The estimate is on ROJM's post and you can use Google to convert currency.

www.thewebsiteofthedead.com ~ The House of the Dead Unofficial fan site

Offline semmie

• Banned
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 01:29:07 pm »
The estimate is on ROJM's post and you can use Google to convert currency.

and so i did. one of the sites was showing it in pounds. pound is a powerfull do. i converted it which is 700 euro at its cheapest and 1600 the most expensive one. thats a big attack on the purse.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 05:54:43 am »
All im hot about is this. Finally i can get to play TOTAL WAR, VIKING,BATTLE FOR ASGARD,ALPHA PROTOCOL and some other Sega PC titles including SONIC AND SEGA ALL STARS RACING TRANSFORMED on a Sega made computer. Cool Times!

Offline semmie

• Banned
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 06:55:29 am »
All im hot about is this. Finally i can get to play TOTAL WAR, VIKING,BATTLE FOR ASGARD,ALPHA PROTOCOL and some other Sega PC titles including SONIC AND SEGA ALL STARS RACING TRANSFORMED on a Sega made computer. Cool Times!

im thinking of a plan selling my laptop and older 3gs iphone to compensate the price its always better to have the best. like u said . sega game on a legit segatop.

thats the name innit? segatop.
or lapdancesega. i ment lapsegatop

Offline ROJM

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2013, 06:13:32 am »
Sega note book i think they are called.

Offline semmie

• Banned
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2013, 07:38:56 am »
Sega note book i think they are called.

yeah i was joking ;)

segatopless

its a good thing to have them on the bizz.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2013, 07:51:52 am »
If Sega was to go back into the hardware consumer market, i think creating a PC style system like Apple Mac for example is the way to go as the console market is defiantly not going to last in its current format with digital taking over everything at the moment and the horizon. The market is leaning towards PCs more and more in whatever form they take and the game system part of it is being left behind as mobiles are taking the place of them. Anyway we shall see.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2013, 09:01:21 am »
More photos and details: http://segabits.com/blog/2013/02/15/want-to-see-more-images-of-the-sega-note-pc-and-a-learn-a-few-more-details/

Looks like they include SEGA Windows themes and will be pre-loaded with SEGA music.

Offline semmie

• Banned
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2013, 12:14:14 pm »
ROJM if u can pls give me a reliable loyal link to buy this.
the more i look at it the hyper i get. pls yo

Offline ROJM

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2013, 10:29:48 am »
I already gave you a link. I'm afraid you gonna have to figure it out yourself since i dont know about your finance card whatever you use.
But this may help, a direct link to the sega store sega note pad section, you probably have to translate the page...
http://ebten.jp/sega/p/4974365702724/#

Good luck.