Author Topic: Politics  (Read 47237 times)

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
Politics
« on: May 23, 2016, 12:26:57 am »
Instead of cluttering the US election thread, thought I'd start a separate one here.

So, what are your thoughts on the UK potentially leaving the EU?

I'm still unsure myself, but having ignored the in and out campaign due to the sheer stupidity going on between them, I'm finding more facts and a better insight from those simply looking in or involved in the EU machine.

The problem is, I like the idea behind it, but in its current form it's horrible. They talk about reforms, but the system it currently uses is designed to not let that happen. It seems to me the EU has gotten too big and has too much influence on everything.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
Re: Politics
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 03:50:34 am »
The EU is good for rich countries, shit for poor countries.

The concept is good, but execution terrible.
SEG4GES

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 09:23:02 am »
So, what are your thoughts on the UK potentially leaving the EU

The sooner the better . I'm all for a free trading area, but completely against a political and economic union . So for sovereignty and democracy issues I want out .
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Tad

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 10:06:16 am »
Bad news for the remain campaign. They've ran out of things to scare people with :)

Offline Tad

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2016, 04:23:04 pm »
Well, well, well, this is an interesting turn of events. Seems as though during last years UK election a certain party that's in power may of been gained fraudulently. 10 different police forces across the country are now investigating it.

If this turns our to be true, another election will get triggered and this could see the end of the Tory party with any luck.

Offline Tad

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2016, 06:26:33 am »
So the "leave" campaign for the EU are starting to see more votes in pre-polls as I expected. The "IN" campaign have done a really poor job of throwing random nonsense and facts at the public and it's had the opposite effect.

Offline Spock

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2016, 10:09:13 am »
Boris Johnson looks just like Donald Trump.

Offline Tad

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2016, 10:38:06 am »
His younger brother maybe? :)

Despite his many faults, he does has his moments. When Trump falsely claimed their are parts of London the British force won't go to due to fear of terrorists, Boris came out saying there's parts of New York he wouldn't go to, due to fear of bumping into Trump. XD

Offline Tad

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2016, 04:15:49 pm »
The EU Referendum here in the UK took place today. The votes are now being counted and we're waiting for the results.

I'm pretty confident we'll stay in now as all the polls are indicating as such. The pound is now doing great in the markets and is at its highest since December. It's the equivalent to $1.50 currently :)

Offline Tad

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2016, 11:23:33 pm »
Okay...it looks like the UK is leaving.

Not going to lie, I'm actually finding this quite scary.

Offline JRcade19

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2016, 11:39:54 pm »
I doubt the UK will remain United if they truly go through it. NI I'm positive will makes moves to separate and Scotland might as well.

Condolences to remainers, and best of luck in this experiment to leavers.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 11:53:41 pm by JRcade19 »

Offline Tad

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2016, 11:53:34 pm »
I really hope this doesn't trigger a break up of the UK. It would be horrible to see. I don't think Wales will want to, but some are saying the Scottish might have voted out to trigger their own departure.

Rumours have it Cameron is resigning, paving the way for either Boris or Grove. Both of which are absolutely terrible choices.

Britain, my home, what have you done.

Offline JRcade19

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2016, 12:08:40 am »
It's official. Leave hit the 16.7 million requisite needed to clinch the win.

Offline Spock

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2016, 06:00:43 am »
So the U.K. is like a continent now? I'm not sure what just happened.

Offline JRcade19

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2016, 10:56:32 am »
So the U.K. is like a continent now? I'm not sure what just happened.

While technically not legally binding, TLDR England has just voted to leave the EU. Parties don't HAVE to follow it IIRC, but they'll basically lose any sense of credibility if they don't.

The reason i say England instead of the UK is because there probably won't be a UK in 2 years.