Author Topic: Sonic The Hedgehog - A Little Ball of Energy in an Extremely Handsome Package  (Read 431172 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
SONIC ORIGINS - "Museum" and "My Data & Ranking"!

Explore New Game Modes in SONIC ORIGINS Part 4!💖

Giving you the latest updates on "SONIC ORIGINS"—the latest title in the Sonic series which is set for release on June 23!💖
Today's new content is the "Museum" and "My Data & Ranking"!

✨Museum
Unlock never-before-seen content, such as some well-kept secrets from the development stages of the original games and view them in the “Museum”! As you progress through the game, you will automatically unlock items in the “Normal Collection”. You can also use Coins acquired from “Boss Rush” and “Missions” to unlock items in the “Premium Collection”.

✨My Data & Ranking
Record your best time for each Act and check out the Ranking to see players’ times around the world! Run through as quick as you can and aim for the top spot in the World Ranking!

🎮 Pre-order now!

For more information, please refer to the official site: https://asia.sega.com/SonicOrigins/en/

Offline Berto

Sonic Mania Dev Clarifies Involvement With Sonic Origins, Says It's "Purely A Sega-Developed Product"

"To address a misunderstanding regarding Headcannon's involvement in Sonic Origins - We DID NOT work on Origins itself, nor did we do any additional work on Sonic 1, 2, or CD. We were contracted to build a Retro Engine version of S3&K as a separate project from Sega's Sonic Origins
Headcannon's work used in Sonic Origins, including S3&K, was implemented into Origins by Sega's internal team, who also made any Origins-specific changes/additions themselves. We're proud to have our work featured as PART of Sonic Origins, but it's purely a Sega-developed product.
To further clarify, as it's been asked, yes, this includes Mission Mode. Sega's team developed the missions, as well as Boss Rush, Mirror Mode, etc internally. The only distinct mode that Headcannon created was Blue Spheres, and its implementation into Origins was handled by SEGA."

Article : https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/05/sonic-mania-dev-clarifies-involvement-with-sonic-origins-says-its-purely-a-sega-developed-product

Offline Berto

After Gillius, Now Pin the Tails Pin on Your Tails merch! 🦊

This officialTails pin is SEGA Shop Europe's Pin of the Month, making it only £1.99/€1.99 when bought with any other product!
With a charming enamel design of the twin-tailed fox himself mid-flight, this fantastic piece of merch is perfect for bringing some gaming flair to your coats, bags and accessories.

Link : https://bit.ly/3OEpDnL

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
Modding for older games might have no problems.
But modding for new games does have potential for ruining the brands.
Especially there are mods that act like hacks,
could work around on achievements too eventhough if it's supposed to be locked.
If hacks were used for social cheating, such as if there is a online leader board that keeps track of world record, then yeah, I myself can easily finish any stage in Sonic Forces in a few short seconds by using the camera-angle mod to teleport to the finish line. If the record is kept to myself then it's my issue for cheating, no different from using debug cheat from older Sonic games. It's my copy of Sonic Forces, I'll do what I want with it.

But if those cheats were done in online or public places. I'd find that unfair. For example in Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity I done the tougher parts of the game and wanted more of a challenge so I decided to play against the online records of the game. I thought it will be tougher and more competitive but will probably improve over time. But no matter what the opponent kept beating me before I could finish half the first lap.

It turns out that player must had been a speedrunner or something 'cus they found a broken piece of boundary and was able to make short loops around the starting line which counted as laps. Because they knew this exploit and presuming similar exploits in other courses made the whole feature pointless to me.
Eventhough this kind of game existed back then, but it's just pixelated graphics.
That too. Just when people use the word "adult" in a product or media our first impression isn't just the fact it means grown-ups.
Sonicgate videos sound right.
Hopefully someone will do something about them because it's difficult finding quality Sonic fan animations on YouTube now without finding all these shitty Sonic animations.
Yes, you're right.
Mobile games could act like a mini arcade.
SEGA has already started with UFO Cather Online for mobile.

And almost everyone has smartphone, but not everyone has PC or console or quick access to arcade centers.
The visibility and easiness to start is greater on smartphones.
Make sense if they went that route.
Yep. Take any arcade game... such as Virtua Cop. And it can easily be done on a mobile device. Just tap the screen to shoot. And instead of giving the game coins or tokens, just pay a micro-transaction to keep on playing.

I've heard of mobile game UFO catchers where prizes can be delivered to your homes. I dunno how I feel about that when they could just make a loot-crate game where you buy a box and maybe get a lucky prize from it.

Offline Berto

If hacks were used for social cheating, such as if there is a online leader board that keeps track of world record, then yeah, I myself can easily finish any stage in Sonic Forces in a few short seconds by using the camera-angle mod to teleport to the finish line. If the record is kept to myself then it's my issue for cheating, no different from using debug cheat from older Sonic games. It's my copy of Sonic Forces, I'll do what I want with it.

But if those cheats were done in online or public places. I'd find that unfair. For example in Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity I done the tougher parts of the game and wanted more of a challenge so I decided to play against the online records of the game. I thought it will be tougher and more competitive but will probably improve over time. But no matter what the opponent kept beating me before I could finish half the first lap.

It turns out that player must had been a speedrunner or something 'cus they found a broken piece of boundary and was able to make short loops around the starting line which counted as laps. Because they knew this exploit and presuming similar exploits in other courses made the whole feature pointless to me.

I'm pretty sure developer won't mind if we are using hack/mod for ourselves.
But when we started sharing them, that's another story.
And there's no way they could kept track all the mods/hacks out there.
That's why they forbid mod/hack talks on their official forums / media social.
Not talking about them is better since they don't know whether it'll harm the game environment or not.

Yep. Take any arcade game... such as Virtua Cop. And it can easily be done on a mobile device. Just tap the screen to shoot. And instead of giving the game coins or tokens, just pay a micro-transaction to keep on playing.

I've heard of mobile game UFO catchers where prizes can be delivered to your homes. I dunno how I feel about that when they could just make a loot-crate game where you buy a box and maybe get a lucky prize from it.

The prizes are unique and could only be obtained that way.
That's why it's satisfying and something that we could brag to our friends.
But that's for Japan only for now.

Offline Berto

The SEGAbits Swingin’ Report Show LIVE: The Sonic the Hedgehog Timeline with Sonic Retro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeTlXOdGiIc

On this Swingin’ Report Show, Sonic Retro’s own David the Lurker joins Barry to talk about the ins and outs of the Sonic video game timeline and canon.
We will discuss the split that Sonic Mania and Sonic Forces introduced, how the Archie Comics and IDW canons interact with the games and answer YOUR questions LIVE!
Join us LIVE tonight at 9PM Central/7PM Pacific!

Article : http://segabits.com/blog/2022/05/18/the-segabits-swingin-report-show-live-the-sonic-the-hedgehog-timeline-with-sonic-retro/

Offline Mystic Monkey

I'm pretty sure developer won't mind if we are using hack/mod for ourselves.
But when we started sharing them, that's another story.
And there's no way they could kept track all the mods/hacks out there.
That's why they forbid mod/hack talks on their official forums / media social.
Not talking about them is better since they don't know whether it'll harm the game environment or not.
I think it's OK to share mods, especially if it helps improve the game such as BetterSADX. Just when it comes down to online cheating then that's no fun.

I gave this Roblox game called "Sonic Tycoon" a go. It's kinda stupid. You spend money to make money to spend on walls, weapons and reinforcements. There was some sort of hacker who was able to jump over my walls despite how high I built them. When I finally made the roof sealing off the building entirely and got myself the best weapons, I figured that's that. I win, I had the most secure house.

Then another player simply teleported in, took a copy of my best weapons and vanished to harass the other players with it.

So all that time and effort for such security was pointless.
The prizes are unique and could only be obtained that way.
That's why it's satisfying and something that we could brag to our friends.
But that's for Japan only for now.
I never win at crane games. The grabber always grabs after it rises.

Offline Berto

I think it's OK to share mods, especially if it helps improve the game such as BetterSADX. Just when it comes down to online cheating then that's no fun.

I gave this Roblox game called "Sonic Tycoon" a go. It's kinda stupid. You spend money to make money to spend on walls, weapons and reinforcements. There was some sort of hacker who was able to jump over my walls despite how high I built them. When I finally made the roof sealing off the building entirely and got myself the best weapons, I figured that's that. I win, I had the most secure house.

Then another player simply teleported in, took a copy of my best weapons and vanished to harass the other players with it.

So all that time and effort for such security was pointless.

Lolwut... I thought Roblox was a game that's mostly dedicated for kids.
Why would someone using a hack on a kid game???

I never win at crane games. The grabber always grabs after it rises.

May be the store cheats and tampered with the cranes.

Offline Mystic Monkey

Lolwut... I thought Roblox was a game that's mostly dedicated for kids.
Why would someone using a hack on a kid game???
Probably because it's a kids game it's that easy to hack.

They're kids, what do they know on hacking?
May be the store cheats and tampered with the cranes.
Probably. Wouldn't put it past them.

Offline Berto

Probably because it's a kids game it's that easy to hack.

They're kids, what do they know on hacking?

So basically they're just bullies.
Adult bullying kids on a kid game...

Offline Berto

41% OFF for The Official Sonic Travel Mug

Stay hydrated on all your adventures with this handy travel mug, featuring Sonic the Hedgehog racing around the side.

Sonic the Hedgehog knows the importance of refueling when you're racing around saving the world.
You can follow his lead with this handy travel mug, perfect for staying hydrated on epic adventures or long road trips.
Sonic could probably use a drink too with the endless running he is doing around the outside of this mug!

Link : https://shop.sega.com/collections/home-page-best-sellers/products/sonic-travel-mug

Offline Berto

Sonic the Hedgehog - Speed Meme - Act 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rxkeUXlIds

Offline Berto

Sega Mania Issue #6 will Ships on Late May/Early June 2022

Issue 6 of Sega Mania Magazine sees us move into the second half of 1994!
Featuring an exclusive dual Sonic & Knuckles themed cover.
This issue features news and reviews on some of the biggest titles from September to December 1994.
84 pages, professionally colour printed.
Ships to the UK, EU, USA, Canada, Brazil, Japan, Australia & New Zealand.

Pre-order the magazine here : https://www.sega-mania.com/products/pre-order-sega-mania-issue-6-dual-cover

Offline Mystic Monkey

So basically they're just bullies.
Adult bullying kids on a kid game...

Pretty much. This is why I don't like Robollox as a game but I do like it as a platform. I am 34 years old. While it isn't strictly a kids game and is played by those of all ages I still feel like some kiddy-fiddler whenever I try the more social games. Not that I use Robollox for flirting with strangers or anything, I don't even accept random friend requests. I'd rather know at least the age group around me.

But, I feel alright on Sonic Speed Simulator and I found some Roblox games and RP scenarios I enjoy, though I don't actively RP on them. That's why I like Roblox as a "platform", because "Roblox Studio" which is used to make Roblox games is a rather powerful game developer tool that uses Roblox itself as a platform and when done right can make interesting promotional games for Roblox and I don't feel too out of place playing those games.
I dunno, I'd feel more comfortable socializing if I know I'm around those in my age bracket.
Sonic the Hedgehog - Speed Meme - Act 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rxkeUXlIds
Quite a beautiful piece, though also depicts him rather lonely. Perhaps why he made Orbot and Cubot.
https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/1527346541572214791
Sega Mania Issue #6 will Ships on Late May/Early June 2022

Pre-order the magazine here : https://www.sega-mania.com/products/pre-order-sega-mania-issue-6-dual-cover
That cover looks like Nigel Dobbyns work! If Sega Mania is sold at my local Co-Op or Spar I'll definitely get it. That brings me back to going to the shops to buy the latest issues of Sonic the Comic!

Offline Mystic Monkey

Since Berto is currently not around, I'll give update a try on his behalf.

Sonic Speed Simulator event: Treasure Hunt

• Content: Ranger Chao, Sonic & Knuckles Trail, Knuckles Chao, Treasure Hunter Knuckles
  • In this event, a blast created by the energy emitted from rescuing Amy Rose from pink crystals caused Knuckles' treasures to scatter across every world in the game. The player needs to recover them and complete three tasks to receive the following prizes:
    • Ranger Chao: 1,000,000 Rings
    • Sonic & Knuckles Trail: 3000 Emerald Shards
    • Knuckles Chao: 30 hidden Eggman Keys
  • Upon completing all of above tasks, the player will be rewarded with a Treasure Hunter Knuckles character skin.
  • The player can also buy the Chao or Treasure Hunter Knuckles for the appropriate amount of Robux (199 for Chao/Trail and 499 for Treasure Hunter Knuckles).
https://www.roblox.com/games/9049840490/2x-XP-Sonic-Speed-Simulator