Author Topic: SEGA Live Action Movies Thread - "Of course I want a latte!"  (Read 106980 times)

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
Re: SEGA Live Action Movies Thread - "Of course I want a latte!"
« Reply #330 on: April 27, 2022, 06:43:29 am »
Estimated for July 2022.

Source : https://www.dvdsreleasedates.com/movies/10339/sonic-the-hedgehog-2
That's a rather long wait. How long would you say until it's OK t openly talk about the movie without concern of spoilers?
The city is nameless on Bare Knuckle 1 and 2 but Bare Knuckle 3 had "Wood Oak City" name, so I guess the name did come from Japan.
Was it Bare Knuckles 3 that first used the name? Or any of the earlier Streets of Rage games? Though not like SoJapan to copy from SoAmerican.

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
« Reply #331 on: April 27, 2022, 08:04:50 pm »
That's a rather long wait.

Yes, but there's a cool steelbook edition of it.

How long would you say until it's OK t openly talk about the movie without concern of spoilers?

One month after the movie aired.

Was it Bare Knuckles 3 that first used the name? Or any of the earlier Streets of Rage games? Though not like SoJapan to copy from SoAmerican.

Yes, in game version, Bare Knuckles 3 was the first that used that name.
Unless there is manga or magazine that I never read that used it before, but I doubt it.
Articles about SOR1 or SOR2 back then only stated it's a New York-inspired fictional city.

Offline Berto

« Reply #332 on: April 28, 2022, 12:17:42 am »
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 to stream on Paramount+ May 24

The move to get the Sonic film sequel onto streaming 45 days after its run in theaters started after the first movie was given a digital home release on March 31, 2020.
That move occurred when the pandemic placed everyone on lockdown, and movie theaters were closing down to protect moviegoers and employees from contracting Covid-19 in its early days.
Although the pandemic has slowed in recent months, Sonic 2 streaming on Paramount+ early is a sign that the tradition of releasing movies 90 days after their theatrical run is irrevocably broken.

Article : https://www.digitaltrends.com/movies/sonic-the-hedgehog-2-to-stream-on-paramount-may-24/

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #333 on: April 28, 2022, 04:36:09 am »
Yes, but there's a cool steelbook edition of it.

One month after the movie aired.
Oooh! Shiny!
Yes, in game version, Bare Knuckles 3 was the first that used that name.
Unless there is manga or magazine that I never read that used it before, but I doubt it.
Articles about SOR1 or SOR2 back then only stated it's a New York-inspired fictional city.
Well there's still a chance for the Paramount-Sega Cinematic Universe to remedy that situation. Rather it be set in the bad side of New York or Los Angeles. I heard Detroit is one of the most crime-ridden cities in America so why not there?

Offline Berto

« Reply #334 on: April 30, 2022, 12:20:09 am »
Well there's still a chance for the Paramount-Sega Cinematic Universe to remedy that situation.
Rather it be set in the bad side of New York or Los Angeles. I heard Detroit is one of the most crime-ridden cities in America so why not there?

Because Robocop has it first!

Nah, I think because it was meant to be in the same town with E-Swat, but since the D-Swat concept was canceled they then decided to make the city nameless.
Liberty City on E-Swat was inspired by New York afterall.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #335 on: May 01, 2022, 06:08:33 am »
Because Robocop has it first!

Nah, I think because it was meant to be in the same town with E-Swat, but since the D-Swat concept was canceled they then decided to make the city nameless.
Liberty City on E-Swat was inspired by New York afterall.
RoboCop is like the E-Swat guy! (Probably an inspiration.)
I'm just saying I hope the upcoming Streets of Rage movie will be set in one of the popular American cities where films are usually shot.

Also, if we ever get an AfterBurner adaption... I'd rather it have Tom Cruise as a cameo of the AfterBurner pilot. Top Gun is also a Paramount film which and a sequel rather recently and I'm pretty sure AfterBurner was inspired from Top Gun.

I mean, I know it's unlikely that if a Sega Cinematic Universe does expand from Sonic and Streets of Rage films that it would cover AfterBurner, but if it did reference it at all I think it would be a cool "double-cameo" if they made Tom Cruise tie-in to the AfterBurner series which still being a recognized cameo to the Top Gun franchise.

Offline Berto

« Reply #336 on: May 03, 2022, 10:54:21 am »
Sonic 2 Speeds Past Sonic 1 At Worldwide Box Office

Worldwide :

Domestic :

Many records for Sonic the Hedgehog 2.
This weekend it has officially grossed more than the first movie worldwide.
Its total gross is $323.5 million! One of Jim Carrey's best grossing movies.

Article : https://bit.ly/3F7IMd2

Offline Berto

« Reply #337 on: May 03, 2022, 11:00:03 am »
RoboCop is like the E-Swat guy! (Probably an inspiration.)

I believe so, either inspired from the movie, the arcade game, or both of them.
Since RoboCop arcade game by Data East was also a success.

I'm just saying I hope the upcoming Streets of Rage movie will be set in one of the popular American cities where films are usually shot.

Also, if we ever get an AfterBurner adaption... I'd rather it have Tom Cruise as a cameo of the AfterBurner pilot. Top Gun is also a Paramount film which and a sequel rather recently and I'm pretty sure AfterBurner was inspired from Top Gun.

I mean, I know it's unlikely that if a Sega Cinematic Universe does expand from Sonic and Streets of Rage films that it would cover AfterBurner, but if it did reference it at all I think it would be a cool "double-cameo" if they made Tom Cruise tie-in to the AfterBurner series which still being a recognized cameo to the Top Gun franchise.

Agree. Tom Cruise is also an 80s icon, he would be a fit cameo of After Burner.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #338 on: May 03, 2022, 05:15:27 pm »
Sonic 2 Speeds Past Sonic 1 At Worldwide Box Office

Worldwide :

Domestic :

Article : https://bit.ly/3F7IMd2
Heck yeah! I had my doubts the second movie would be as successful as the first movie, but then I again I had my doubts the first movie would be successful at all.
Agree. Tom Cruise is also an 80s icon, he would be a fit cameo of After Burner.
That would be so sweet. I mean, I can't really imagine AfterBurner getting it's own SCU movie. You're better off watching Top Gun for that kind of thing. Problem is if Tom Cruise cameos as Maverick people might only get the reference as Top Gun over AfterBurner and wouldn't understand why MAverick would be in Sonic, or related Sega movie. Dunno how they would pull off both references at the same time.

But given Top Gun is a Paramount franchise means they could pull it off.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2022, 05:17:12 pm by Mystic Monkey »

Offline Berto

« Reply #339 on: May 06, 2022, 01:03:13 pm »
That would be so sweet. I mean, I can't really imagine AfterBurner getting it's own SCU movie. You're better off watching Top Gun for that kind of thing. Problem is if Tom Cruise cameos as Maverick people might only get the reference as Top Gun over AfterBurner and wouldn't understand why MAverick would be in Sonic, or related Sega movie. Dunno how they would pull off both references at the same time.

But given Top Gun is a Paramount franchise means they could pull it off.

Marvel never had a problem throwing obscure comic characters on mid credit scene,
so may be the cameo would have to be on mid credit scene.

Offline Berto

« Reply #340 on: May 06, 2022, 01:03:37 pm »
Sonic the Hedgehog Olive Garden Jokes Weren’t Product Placement

“A lot of that was not product placement,” Casey said with a laugh. “The Olive Garden thing…
Olive Garden didn’t pay us for that, it was just a joke. It was just a little thing, and then it seemed to keep growing on set when I wasn’t there, they kept throwing in more Olive Garden references, I don’t know.
The joke was originally just that the General gives them a crappy gift card at the end, and then it became a whole thing. It worked its way back into earlier in the movie.”

Article : https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/1220131-sonic-the-hedgehog-olive-garden-product-placement

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #341 on: May 07, 2022, 04:58:18 pm »
Marvel never had a problem throwing obscure comic characters on mid credit scene,
so may be the cameo would have to be on mid credit scene.

They were not above throwing in obscure characters as long as they're Marvel characters. I'd be lying if I said I never heard of the Collector before (or Howard the Duck for that matter) but I understand how obscure they are that most of the modern audience won't know them, but the very-very least they are Marvel Comic characters.

In the video game AfterBurner, we see the aircraft carrier, we see the planes and that's about it. Later games perhaps show the marines on the aircraft carriers or the pilots in the plane but they're just generic fighter jet pilots in full uniform, no names or faces.
Because of this, it would make it too obscure, or the very least difficult to reference in Sonic 3 or any other Sega movie produced by Paramount.

If they had a scene set on one of GUNs aircraft carrier, or at least Metal Harbor, then that would be an opportunity for an AfterBurner reference. But given how generic both the game and the scene would be how will AfterBurner be noticed and not just GUN with it's own Navy fleet?

The only way I can imagine that happening is Tom Cruise plays as a fighter pilot in similar to LT. Pete Michell only when asked for his callsign he goes by "After Burner". And then we see him in action while cinematic rendition of the After Burner theme plays.

That way Top Gun fans will know his presence is a Top Gun reference, but Tom cruise plays the role of a character unique to the Sega Cinematic Universe under the callsign "AfterBurner" who just so happen to heavily reference Maverick.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2022, 05:02:20 pm by Mystic Monkey »

Offline Berto

« Reply #342 on: May 08, 2022, 09:44:39 pm »
They were not above throwing in obscure characters as long as they're Marvel characters. I'd be lying if I said I never heard of the Collector before (or Howard the Duck for that matter) but I understand how obscure they are that most of the modern audience won't know them, but the very-very least they are Marvel Comic characters.

In the video game AfterBurner, we see the aircraft carrier, we see the planes and that's about it. Later games perhaps show the marines on the aircraft carriers or the pilots in the plane but they're just generic fighter jet pilots in full uniform, no names or faces.
Because of this, it would make it too obscure, or the very least difficult to reference in Sonic 3 or any other Sega movie produced by Paramount.

If they had a scene set on one of GUNs aircraft carrier, or at least Metal Harbor, then that would be an opportunity for an AfterBurner reference. But given how generic both the game and the scene would be how will AfterBurner be noticed and not just GUN with it's own Navy fleet?

The only way I can imagine that happening is Tom Cruise plays as a fighter pilot in similar to LT. Pete Michell only when asked for his callsign he goes by "After Burner". And then we see him in action while cinematic rendition of the After Burner theme plays.

That way Top Gun fans will know his presence is a Top Gun reference, but Tom cruise plays the role of a character unique to the Sega Cinematic Universe under the callsign "AfterBurner" who just so happen to heavily reference Maverick.

I wonder if After Burner's gonna be a movie, what the story would be like...

Offline Berto

« Reply #343 on: May 08, 2022, 10:42:05 pm »
Poster difference

Offline Berto

« Reply #344 on: May 09, 2022, 12:15:48 am »
‘Sonic Adventure’ Band Crush 40 Could Soundtrack Third Sonic Movie

We recently caught up with Crush 40 to talk all things Sonic, and it turns out that the duo are 100 percent down to soundtrack a third Sonic film should the opportunity present itself.
“Absolutely one million percent yes. I reached out to them, we had some conversations,” Gioeli told us. “I’m gonna be ready for that, I’ll just put it to you that way. We want to write a bunch of songs, but of course we still have our nostalgic stuff. This means we want to write a bunch of songs, of course we have our nostalgic stuff but we also want to bring some fresh new stuff, should that happen for Sonic 3.”

Article : https://www.gamingbible.co.uk/features/games-the-sonic-adventure-2-soundtrack-still-absolutely-slaps-20210623