Author Topic: SEGA Live Action Movies Thread - "Of course I want a latte!"  (Read 112975 times)

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
Re: SEGA Live Action Movies Thread - "Of course I want a latte!"
« Reply #345 on: May 09, 2022, 05:49:55 am »
I wonder if After Burner's gonna be a movie, what the story would be like...
I highly doubt it and not out of spite to believe so. I mean the games themselves have the simple premise of shooting planes. It's a very simple premise given it's an arcade game. The reason why the theme was chosen was because of Top Gun which was popular at the time.

Do you know what other navy film based after a game with limited premise out there? Battleships. It's mostly based on actual battleships than fighter jets but the concept of creation is similar, both are based on games that's premise is mostly a theme and pure gameplay than any story to build on.

As I've gone on and on before, I'm all for a Sega Cinematic Universe to come from Sonic movies. I'm hoping the upcoming Streets of Rage (and maybe Yakuza) movie will spawn that. But what would you rather have, AfterBurner being made into a movie like Battleships, or would you rather keep it to no more than a cameo and just watch Top Gun instead?

It's why I suggest not only to keep it as no more than a reference (as in the SCU of AfterBurner takes place in the SCU equivalent of Metal Harbor, or at least a GUN aircraft carrier) but to make that reference with Tom Cruise given his recognition with the Top Gun series. He doesn't have to cameo the role of LT Pete "Maverick" Mitchell, Tom cruise could simply play as a lieutenant with callsign "AfterBurner" and familiar theme tune when take flight. Cinema-fans will know it be a Top Gun reference and Sega-fans will know it's an AfterBurner reference.

Poster difference

I played this game beforre. There's a few more differences:
  • Dr. Robotnik is behind the ring on the western poster while he's in the ring behind Sonic in the JApanese poster.
  • Sonic is scaled down a bit in the Japanese poster.
  • Knuckles is scaled up, making the Tornado plane down a bit.
  • Tom is fliped and put to the right side while Maddie is simply moved to the right side.
‘Sonic Adventure’ Band Crush 40 Could Soundtrack Third Sonic Movie

Article : https://www.gamingbible.co.uk/features/games-the-sonic-adventure-2-soundtrack-still-absolutely-slaps-20210623
Given Sonic's third movie maybe based on Sonic Adventure 2, this makes total sense.

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 23
« Reply #346 on: May 09, 2022, 08:25:38 pm »
I highly doubt it and not out of spite to believe so. I mean the games themselves have the simple premise of shooting planes. It's a very simple premise given it's an arcade game. The reason why the theme was chosen was because of Top Gun which was popular at the time.

Do you know what other navy film based after a game with limited premise out there? Battleships. It's mostly based on actual battleships than fighter jets but the concept of creation is similar, both are based on games that's premise is mostly a theme and pure gameplay than any story to build on.

As I've gone on and on before, I'm all for a Sega Cinematic Universe to come from Sonic movies. I'm hoping the upcoming Streets of Rage (and maybe Yakuza) movie will spawn that. But what would you rather have, AfterBurner being made into a movie like Battleships, or would you rather keep it to no more than a cameo and just watch Top Gun instead?

It's why I suggest not only to keep it as no more than a reference (as in the SCU of AfterBurner takes place in the SCU equivalent of Metal Harbor, or at least a GUN aircraft carrier) but to make that reference with Tom Cruise given his recognition with the Top Gun series. He doesn't have to cameo the role of LT Pete "Maverick" Mitchell, Tom cruise could simply play as a lieutenant with callsign "AfterBurner" and familiar theme tune when take flight. Cinema-fans will know it be a Top Gun reference and Sega-fans will know it's an AfterBurner reference.

I didn't know that Battleship movie was based on the game, I thought they were coincidentally just sharing the name.
Yeah I would rather After Burner kept as cameo and use the resources to make movie of other franchise that's more popular.

I played this game beforre. There's a few more differences:
  • Dr. Robotnik is behind the ring on the western poster while he's in the ring behind Sonic in the JApanese poster.
  • Sonic is scaled down a bit in the Japanese poster.
  • Knuckles is scaled up, making the Tornado plane down a bit.
  • Tom is fliped and put to the right side while Maddie is simply moved to the right side.

Okay, you're too good at this game, lol...

Offline Berto

« Reply #347 on: May 09, 2022, 09:54:48 pm »
DNEG Delivers Mushrooming VFX on ‘Sonic the Hedgehog 2’

Being able to convey scale was a major challenge in a world populated by 30-foot mushrooms. 
“As human beings we see little mushrooms, so it was difficult to given them depth,” Ghosh Dastider says.
“If a mushroom was really 30 foot tall, the problem is the texture detail and having something that you can relate to such as moss or soil.  You add scratches or colorization until it feels right.” 
Atmospherics were also incorporated into the imagery.

Article : https://www.awn.com/vfxworld/dneg-delivers-mushrooming-vfx-sonic-hedgehog-2

Offline Berto

« Reply #348 on: May 10, 2022, 12:02:15 am »
Ben Schwartz originally just voiced a short test scene as Sonic

Schwartz, who was a video game junkie as a child, originally just voiced a short test scene as Sonic — which director Jeff Fowler pitched to studios.
"But the goal was I did it for free as a favor, and then crossed my fingers, waited maybe eight months, and then I got a call from Jeff Fowler," he said. "I've never been so excited."

Article : https://www.cbsnews.com/news/sonic-the-hedgehog-2-ben-schwartz-actor-comedy/

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #349 on: May 10, 2022, 05:08:11 am »
I didn't know that Battleship movie was based on the game, I thought they were coincidentally just sharing the name.
Yeah I would rather After Burner kept as cameo and use the resources to make movie of other franchise that's more popular.
The movie Battleship was indeed based on the board game by Hasbro.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFJZFWTmGAw
Just because they can make an engaging stories with ponies and robots that can turn into cars, doesn't mean they can make an engaging story out of all their properties.

This is why I figure if Paramount or Sega ever decided to make a Sega Cinematic Universe and adapt AfterBurner to it, I'd rather have AfterBurner just as a cameo than what Universal and Hasbro did with Battleships.
Okay, you're too good at this game, lol...

There are a few others, but I won't go into them.

Offline Berto

« Reply #350 on: May 10, 2022, 08:27:02 pm »
The movie Battleship was indeed based on the board game by Hasbro.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFJZFWTmGAw
Just because they can make an engaging stories with ponies and robots that can turn into cars, doesn't mean they can make an engaging story out of all their properties.

This is why I figure if Paramount or Sega ever decided to make a Sega Cinematic Universe and adapt AfterBurner to it, I'd rather have AfterBurner just as a cameo than what Universal and Hasbro did with Battleships.

I never play the board game but I do have its Genesis video game it was based on, "Super Battleship: The Classic Naval Combat Game".

Not to fond of it, tbh.

There is also Game Gear version which is more fun.
And Hack from Game Gear version to be played on Master System.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #351 on: May 11, 2022, 03:45:25 am »
I never play the board game but I do have its Genesis video game it was based on, "Super Battleship: The Classic Naval Combat Game".

Not to fond of it, tbh.

There is also Game Gear version which is more fun.
And Hack from Game Gear version to be played on Master System.

I've only played the board game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGaD4Ienq3k

Offline Berto

« Reply #352 on: May 12, 2022, 12:11:57 am »

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #353 on: May 12, 2022, 07:16:14 am »

I dunno much about the Fast and Furious series to comment.

Offline Berto

« Reply #354 on: May 17, 2022, 12:20:19 am »
60% OFF for The Official Sonic the Hedgehog Movie Baby Sonic Poster

Baby Sonic, unveiled for the first time ever in the movie, will race through the Emerald Hill Zone and straight to your heart, melting it along the way, with this 18 x 14 roll up poster featuring an adorable design based on the movie.

Link : https://shop.sega.com/collections/home-page-best-sellers/products/sonic-the-hedgehog-movie-baby-sonic-poster

Offline Berto

« Reply #355 on: May 18, 2022, 03:39:29 am »
Chip n' Dale: Rescue Rangers | Disney+ Official Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4Z0GHWHe60

Sonic The Hedgehog's "Ugly" Design Apparently Makes A Cameo In The New Chip N' Dale Movie

It's been discovered the new Chip n' Dale: Rescue Rangers movie on Disney+ has revived this particular version of Sonic with human-like chompers.
In an Empire review, it's revealed ugly Sonic is one of the funniest highlights of the entire movie.

Article : https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/05/random-sonic-the-hedgehogs-ugly-design-apparently-makes-a-cameo-in-the-new-chip-n-dale-movie

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #356 on: May 18, 2022, 05:24:54 pm »
Sonic The Hedgehog's "Ugly" Design Apparently Makes A Cameo In The New Chip N' Dale Movie

Article : https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/05/random-sonic-the-hedgehogs-ugly-design-apparently-makes-a-cameo-in-the-new-chip-n-dale-movie
I'm still iffy on this Chip 'n Dale movie.

Offline Berto

« Reply #357 on: May 18, 2022, 08:44:23 pm »
I'm still iffy on this Chip 'n Dale movie.

Weren't you iffy too on Sonic movie back then?
And turned out the movie's just fine?

Offline Berto

« Reply #358 on: May 18, 2022, 10:01:49 pm »
Ben Schwartz Says Sonic the Hedgehog 3 Movie Will be "Crazy"

The actor also dropped some hints about the next film in the series, and how it might build on the stakes set in the first two movies.
"For 'Sonic 2', we blew it out so much, and for '3,' it's going to be bananas, it's going to be crazy! I can't wait," Schwartz told The Playlist.

Article : https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/sonic-the-hedgehog-3-movie-ben-schwartz-crazy-paramount/
« Last Edit: November 02, 2022, 09:06:51 pm by Berto »

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #359 on: May 19, 2022, 02:37:02 am »
Weren't you iffy too on Sonic movie back then?
And turned out the movie's just fine?
Yeah but this movie decided to keep ugly movie Sonic for a joke.