Author Topic: RubyEclipse (Aaron Webber) is back at SEGA?!  (Read 5290 times)

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
RubyEclipse (Aaron Webber) is back at SEGA?!
« on: June 09, 2015, 07:44:17 pm »
Post pulled from Neogaf Sonic Boom topic:

Hey Neogaf!

It's been ages. Sorry for not posting sooner. :)

As some of you may have heard, I'm back at SEGA now. When they let me out of the cage, I even get to post about Sonic on the Facebooks and the Twitters and across the internets.

Today, I got totally free and I got to post this news about Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice. So far, It's a pretty solid game but Sean Bean dies in the last cutscene. I am sorry, Sean Bean.

Real talk, though: notable changes to the formula this time over last year. I've been clarifying this around the net, but didn't want to forget you guys:

- No Wii U version this year (and no infinite Knuckles jump)
 - Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice is being built by Sanzaru, who made Shattered Crystal last year.
 - While Shattered Crystal was definitely the stronger of the two titles, there was still a fair bit that the teams wanted to change and improve. This time around, they're putting a lot of effort into taking fan and press feedback and building from it.

As an example, a key complaint last time around was that the levels felt too large, and took too long to complete. Levels this time around are being streamlined to play much faster, and the pacing has also been adjusted to match.

There's a lot more to talk about on this one, but I humbly offer myself to the wolves in order to help answer your questions and say hello. As long as your question isn't "Sega y u do dis", and I can respond, I'll do my best to jump in!

- Aaron

Well shit! Very happy to see him return. I was worried the move of SoA was going to lose all of their good community staff... Best news out of this Sonic Boom thing.
Made by SEGA

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
Re: RubyEclipse (Aaron Webber) is back at SEGA?!
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 07:51:18 pm »
Yep, he came back like, a few weeks ago.  Pretty crazy given that he claimed he quit to follow his dreams in the first place. 

Offline Sharky

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 07:58:45 pm »
Yep, he came back like, a few weeks ago.  Pretty crazy given that he claimed he quit to follow his dreams in the first place. 

Maybe his dream was to watch all episodes of Friends back to back and now he completed his dream and there was nothing left to do but rejoin SEGA.
Made by SEGA

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 08:02:48 pm »
Maybe his dream was to watch all episodes of Friends back to back and now he completed his dream and there was nothing left to do but rejoin SEGA.

Sounds realistic!  I'm honestly super fucking glad he's back.  I think he does tend to oversell a little bit but his heart is in the right place.  Anyone who cosplays as Vyse clearly knows what he's doing. 

Offline Sharky

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2015, 08:09:34 pm »
Sounds realistic!  I'm honestly super fucking glad he's back.  I think he does tend to oversell a little bit but his heart is in the right place.  Anyone who cosplays as Vyse clearly knows what he's doing. 

I used to be in contact a lot with him years back before he was at SEGA he was just a normal guy on the SEGA forum, I had him on MSN and we spoke from time to time. I'm glad he is back too. SEGA seriously needs the kind of PR that Aaron gives.
Made by SEGA