Author Topic: In This Topic We Bid Farewell to the Xbox 360 and the PS3  (Read 17135 times)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Re: In This Topic We Bid Farewell to the Xbox 360 and the PS3
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2015, 08:13:49 am »
Also yes. Lots of games are promoted as if they're movies. The latest deus ex trailer did nothing for me. I am a lot more interessted in how a game actually plays. Its weird because games arent movies. Shouldnt that be a strenght?
I agree, at first I thought the cinematic trailers were cool, but they were usually accompanied by some gameplay or knowledge of how it's played. Now I'm sick of them. The DXMD trailer in particular was just 'zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz'

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2015, 11:47:27 am »
Maybe I was unclear..
I'm not bothered by the Let's Play people making videos. I'm bothered by the way the community put them on the center stage and now they effectively direct the market. They direct it to where the views are, which is where the good games aren't.

I (must and) will point out some great games this gen had. But what went wrong weren't the games, it was the people around gaming.
SEG4GES

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2016, 03:33:30 am »
And Microsoft has officially ended production on the Xbox 360. It's been a fun ride, Microsoft.

http://news.xbox.com/2016/04/20/xbox-360-celebrating-10-years/

Xbox 360 means a lot to everyone in Microsoft. And while we’ve had an amazing run, the realities of manufacturing a product over a decade old are starting to creep up on us. Which is why we have made the decision to stop manufacturing new Xbox 360 consoles. We will continue to sell existing inventory of Xbox 360 consoles, with availability varying by country.
[/size][/color]

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2016, 04:03:02 am »
The Xbox 360 made my jaw drop the first time I played it.
The game was PGR3, and I was quite the MSR fan in the DC days. I was completely blown away by the graphics, and the speed of it all. It was the future.

Something went sour in the years that brought us to the present, gaming isn't as exciting as it once was. But the 360 will always be one of the great consoles of this industry, the one that made us dream of an amazing gaming future, and the one that almost got us there.

SEG4GES

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2016, 08:41:05 am »
Man, I still need to get me a new 360. Still using the older model and who knows how soon that will break down.

360 has always been a very dependable platform when it comes to games. I never felt ripped off for going the 360 route (like I did the Wii U). Thinking back, I can honestly say that the 360 is my favorite non-SEGA console. Such a shame that the Xbox One didn't carry on the 360's legacy.

Offline Moody

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2016, 09:06:03 am »
goodbye xbox 360

i only had you for six months and your predecessor was a hundred times better

i will never forget you and your ugly as hell first model

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2016, 09:21:18 am »
goodbye xbox 360

i only had you for six months and your predecessor was a hundred times better

i will never forget you and your ugly as hell first model

Changing face plates was a cool feature, shame they didn't make more of them (or ones that actually looked cool).

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2016, 09:32:54 am »
The Xbone is a worthy successor. Too bad there is a lack of good games coming out.
SEG4GES

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2016, 12:37:14 am »
The Xbone is a worthy successor. Too bad there is a lack of good games coming out.

There's plenty of great and amazing games coming out for both the XBox One and PS4 imo and I think the XBox One. Liked the 360 a lot and MS took LIVE to next level and set the standard for all to follow and copy , for all that though . I still rated and loved the orginal XBox far more Up there with the Saturn, Mega CD, Snes and Master System as my fav console
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2016, 03:49:08 am »
MegaDrive, Saturn, PSX, Dreamcast, Xbox, Xbox 360

the best consoles of all time
SEG4GES

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 23
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2016, 03:59:29 am »
MegaDrive, Saturn, PSX, Dreamcast, Xbox, Xbox 360

the best consoles of all time

No love for Master System? Why?

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2016, 05:18:00 am »
No love for Master System? Why?
I never got around to own one :c

I'm just a bitter man, that's all.
SEG4GES

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2016, 07:09:49 pm »
I'm kinda in awkward situation right now. There was a time where my PS4 sat there, while I was playing a lot of Xbox 360 and PC / Steam titles. I even bought Transformers: Devastation for the Xbox 360 since it's the cheapest version on the market, but more and more I want to play on the PS4 / PC.  My 360 is definately gonna get shelfed after I finish that game.

Having said that, for real. The Xbox 360 in particular was one special console. I jumped in pretty early in 2006, as I think I mentioned before. Wasn't gonna make the same mistake a few years back, when I stuck with the Sega Dreamcast all the way till late 2004. I bought a used original Xbox. One of those times I wish I had picked either the PS2 or the Gamecube at that time. Getting an og Xbox late in the cycle was a bad idea, plus none of the games I played made that much of an impression.

In a weird sad way, I was 'bout to give up gaming in general, if it wasn't for Shadow the Hedgehog. As flawed it was, it kinda helped me get back into games. I also played Sonic Heroes and Sonic Riders. As well as the Sonic Mega Collection. Otogi too. Can't remember much else, sadly.

OG Xbox, done. The 360 was a joy ride. The first three games I owned were Sonic '06, Enchanted Arms and Condemned. Man, so many memories. Opened up to playing sandbox games, played a lot of fun RPGs, played online a few times. Had arguably the best Sonic game in a decade (Sonic Generations) and discovered the Saints Row franchise.

Thanks for the memories, X360.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2016, 02:41:27 am »
I never got around to own one :c

Respect for being honest .
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure