Author Topic: Nintendo  (Read 25140 times)

Offline Spock

• Total Meseta: 2
Nintendo
« on: February 18, 2016, 01:27:10 am »
If Nintendo ran as a third party company instead of making consoles, do you think Sega would still be in bed with them or would they be competing more?

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
Re: Nintendo
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2016, 01:42:25 am »
They probably would still, but there's less reasons too overall.

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 23
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2016, 01:54:07 am »
Since Mario x Sonic Olympic series is the most successful crossover franchise, I say yes they'd still.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2016, 03:37:46 am »
Nintendo would die. Sega gets IPs.
SEG4GES

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2016, 09:16:50 am »
Eh, if there was still money to be made from collaborations.  I don't really care either way, never was a big Nintendo fan but don't dislike them either... Don't like their consoles though.... terrible.
Made by SEGA

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2016, 03:25:45 pm »

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2016, 04:39:33 pm »
I'm thinking the NX is their last console, but we shall see. Too early to talk about 3rd party run.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2016, 03:40:43 am »

Sega jumps in the handheld business. Breaks all the records.
SEG4GES

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2016, 03:57:56 am »
Sega jumps in the handheld business. Breaks all the records.
Do it SEGA!!

Offline Artwark

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2016, 01:50:51 pm »
I'm surprised by the huge amount of flak that you guys give over at Nintendo. You do realize that Nintendo consoles have some of the best SEGA gems out there right?

But what am I saying, you're SEGA fans and you're narrow mindness is even worse compared to that of Nintendo fans.

In all seriousness though, whatever makes you think that Nintendo is going to go third party? Sure, it will eventually happen but Nintendo makes games that work based on their own products unless when it comes to extremely rare cases where they release their IP on arcades.

Them going third party is not going to make them release ports of already made games or even remasters of current games. They would mostly force people like you to buy a specific controller to play on your PCs. The fact that they have huge sum of cash higher than even that of SEGA and the fact that they are still in profit proves that they have a longer lifespan than that of SEGA.

I can rant about SEGA but it seems that its not going to do much to you guys even when it comes to it. You don't have to get into Nintendo but don't hate something unless that something is worth hating like SEGA who simply promises you that they will focus on quality but hasn't done that in years.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2016, 01:57:05 pm »
Artwark, please stop it. You are very clearly on a SEGA fan forum, so what do you expect? Quit trying to pick fights with people over something as basic as them being SEGA fans.

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2016, 02:25:19 pm »
For the record, I like Nintendo and I think most people on here do too. Pokémon, Zelda, Rare, Starfox and others were a huge part of my childhood. However like SEGA and all companies, that doesn't mean they're above scrutiny. Especially when some of the things they do are just bizarre.

Offline Artwark

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2016, 03:09:52 pm »
Artwark, please stop it. You are very clearly on a SEGA fan forum, so what do you expect? Quit trying to pick fights with people over something as basic as them being SEGA fans.

So its not ok to talk negative about SEGA but its all right to talk negative stuff about Nintendo when SEGA has clearly made a lot of profit from Nintendo systems? Wishing SEGA to go bankrupt is bad but somehow wishing Nintendo bankrupt is a good thing?

Look, this is a SEGA fan site and I get the struggle that these fans are going through, but insulting other devs and praising the hell out of SEGA knowing that SEGA's flaws are incredibly huge compared to Nintendo is a terrible thing. Even Nintendo forums talk good about SEGA despite their flaws. Heck, some of them are even fine with SEGA just being a publisher and ignoring their valuable IP's that are more dormant than what F-Zero will ever be.

Besides, you saw these posts repeatedly flaking Nintendo for some reason one way or the other.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 03:13:53 pm by Artwark »

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2016, 03:19:19 pm »
But what am I saying, you're SEGA fans and you're narrow mindness is even worse compared to that of Nintendo fans.

Blanket statement against SEGA fans and pretty much attempting to insult the whole forum community isn't cool.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2016, 03:34:42 pm »
Leave artwark alone, he is a Nintendo fan and a hypocrite.