Author Topic: Nintendo  (Read 25128 times)

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
Re: Nintendo
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2016, 05:16:35 pm »
Nintenyearolds, am i right guys? *laughtrack*
SEG4GES

Offline Spock

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2016, 09:48:56 pm »
I think Artwork is trying to tell us that he/she just likes Nintendo a little better and made the mistake of being slightly too blunt about other member's opinions.

Let me just say this - SEGA has competition from other third party companies like EA Games, Ubisoft and Square Enix. I wouldn't ever want to see SEGA or Nintendo being bought by another company.

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2016, 05:53:00 am »
The last thing this industry needs is for a big company like Nintendo to drop out. We NEED everyone competing, but there is no doubt that Nintendo need to listen to gamers more with their direction.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2016, 06:46:04 am »
I honestly want this industry to die, so that games can be good again
SEG4GES

Offline Tad

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2016, 07:15:16 am »
There's plenty of good games out there though. Just don't look at the triple A market.

Offline Kuronoa

• Total Meseta: 3
    • Segalization
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2016, 09:34:17 am »
Sony and Microsoft are a little too like-minded at times.  XBOX is also lousy in Japan.  So you will need Nintendo brand to improve and give Japanese industry more platform choices.
Also, you will want handheld options than just mobile.  Just saying.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2016, 07:05:34 pm »
There's plenty of good games out there though. Just don't look at the triple A market.
The triple A market used to be spectacular, that's the whole point
SEG4GES

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2016, 08:59:13 pm »
Maybe its because I game on PC, but I feel like a new great game is always around the corner. Maybe look at indie games and not AAA fuck fests.

This game is going to be incredible tho:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/shadiradio/invisigun-heroes/description

Its like unique take on Bomberman (no bombs tho, but the same party idea and 'view/look')

Offline Phantasos

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2016, 07:48:44 am »
The triple A market used to be spectacular, that's the whole point

2015 was actually a pretty fucking great year for AAA, which was a nice change.

Offline Moody

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2016, 08:26:40 am »
Maybe it's because I rarely play Triple-A games for not interesting me or being on other consoles, but I never quite got the hatred toward them. The last AAA game I played was Fallout 4, and I enjoyed it immensely. I think the last one before that was half of the Tomb Raider reboot, which I liked but didn't think was spectacular. Stuff like Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed(really any Ubisoft game that's not Rayman or Beyond Good and Evil I haven't played), Uncharted, and whatever else, I haven't even touched. I think Bethsoft might be the only AAA dev I follow.

(Does the new Doom count as AAA? Because if so, I guess it's the only other game in that category I'm looking forward to playing. How do you define AAA anyway?)

Offline Mengels7

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2016, 08:58:24 am »

So its not ok to talk negative about SEGA but its all right to talk negative stuff about Nintendo when SEGA has clearly made a lot of profit from Nintendo systems? Wishing SEGA to go bankrupt is bad but somehow wishing Nintendo bankrupt is a good thing?

Look, this is a SEGA fan site and I get the struggle that these fans are going through, but insulting other devs and praising the hell out of SEGA knowing that SEGA's flaws are incredibly huge compared to Nintendo is a terrible thing. Even Nintendo forums talk good about SEGA despite their flaws. Heck, some of them are even fine with SEGA just being a publisher and ignoring their valuable IP's that are more dormant than what F-Zero will ever be.

Besides, you saw these posts repeatedly flaking Nintendo for some reason one way or the other.

We shit all over Sega sometimes too. But yeah, it's a Sega forum, not a Nintendo forum. We can shit on Nintendo if we want. You're not some white knight enlightening us to the glory of Nintendo. Go away.

Offline Tad

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2016, 09:49:27 am »
Maybe it's because I rarely play Triple-A games for not interesting me or being on other consoles, but I never quite got the hatred toward them. The last AAA game I played was Fallout 4, and I enjoyed it immensely. I think the last one before that was half of the Tomb Raider reboot, which I liked but didn't think was spectacular. Stuff like Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed(really any Ubisoft game that's not Rayman or Beyond Good and Evil I haven't played), Uncharted, and whatever else, I haven't even touched. I think Bethsoft might be the only AAA dev I follow.

(Does the new Doom count as AAA? Because if so, I guess it's the only other game in that category I'm looking forward to playing. How do you define AAA anyway?)

Doom still counts I think. The recognition and significance to the many it holds puts it in that category automatically. Plus, they have shown it off as such.

I don't hate the triple A market as such. Just little it offers interests me anymore and the smaller studios are doing more that I prefer. Telltale, Revolution Software, Playtonicgames, Firewatch, Life is Strange,  etc. You could say the "smaller" games as such.

Thinking about it, some of SEGA's games hit that category well too. They maybe seen as a triple A company, but that doesn't mean they can't make smaller titles here and there. Nights, Tembo, JSR, Rez, Hell Yeah, MM:CoI, Crazy Taxi, arcade ports and so on.

Thinking about it now, I can say these are the following games I'm looking forward too:

The Devils Men (Daedalic)
The Whispered World 2: Silence  (Daedalic)
New Revolution Software title
Yooka-Laylee (Playtonicgames)
Sonic 25th Anniversary
Telltale Games
Life is Strange 2 (DontNod)
The Last Guardian (Sony)
Shenmue III (Yu)

Anything else I'm either waiting to hear more or I don't know about.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 10:02:58 am by Tad »

Offline Phantasos

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2016, 04:46:59 pm »
Doom is one of the biggest, most influential FPS ever made that was made by some of the most widely known developers ever. It will never be something outside the AAA gaming scene.

And on top of that, it's looking pretty cool so far.

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 23
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2016, 03:19:37 am »
Don't hate something, unless that something is worth hating like SEGA.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2016, 03:38:02 am »
Leave Artwark alone.. It's hard enough settling with Splatoon as a "system seller".
SEG4GES