Author Topic: Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown  (Read 4599 times)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown
« on: July 23, 2010, 07:07:13 pm »

Figured I should make a thread about this, since this game is looking incredibly good. I also have a feeling this game will be getting a console release, if the rumours are to be believed it might even be this Christmas or March 2011.

TRAILERS
Anyway, we've all seen the trailers, but in the interest of making this thread a one-stop news shop for VF5:FS, here they are again:
Announcement Trailer
[youtube:3l63tjab]iHh9--7BqQk[/youtube:3l63tjab]

Trailer 2
[youtube:3l63tjab]SUBWh2zl850[/youtube:3l63tjab]

Gameplay Trailer
[youtube:3l63tjab]wuNmnJ4EryA[/youtube:3l63tjab]

NEW FEATURES
Twitter
The game can be linked to twitter accounts now, so that as you play and unlock certain milestones and items, you can let all your friends know about it automatically!

Gameplay Changes
There is a huge list of updates and changes from the VF5 and even from VF5R, but the ones I can remember off-hand are:
Thows must now all end with either 'Forward', 'Up', or 'Down' commands, and must be countered with the same input to throw-break. This makes it much easier to break throws than before since in previous games there were all 8 directions to choose from.
Low throws are not P+G+K anymore, but rather just use Down and P+G, or Down-Forward/Down-Back and P+G
When you land from a jump, you will be considered crouching.
I think Wall damage has been increased.

MATCH VIDS
For a comprehensive list of match vids, check out this thread at VFDC:
Final Showdown Videos
http://virtuafighter.com/forums/ubbthre ... s/285775/1

Here's a few I'll direct link to that I found interesting or cool:
El Blaze vs Sarah
We can see that El Blaze has got some CRAZY new moves since vanilla VF5. He's tearing pages out of the Great Muta's book with Space Rolling Elbow (2:10) and even POISON MIST! (3:30). He actually spits out green mist at the opponent, really interesting move from a VF game!
[youtube:3l63tjab]39pniy4_w_c[/youtube:3l63tjab]

Jacky vs Wolf
Along with the new items and some new moves for both characters, we can see the Walls in this stage change between rounds. I think this was in VF5R as well, but will be new from VF5 vanilla
http://zoome.jp/desmo/diary/25

Akira vs Jeffry
Check out Akira's Iron Mountain (Bodycheck) at 1:54 seconds. It does insane amounts of damage off a counter hit. Very high risk - High Reward move it seems. It'll be interesting to see if other traditionall high damage moves get this kind of power (like Jacky's Kickflip)
[youtube:3l63tjab]U2_fzMUI9xk[/youtube:3l63tjab]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
Re: Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2010, 10:21:14 am »
Great thread, I suspect it will come to console in 2011.
Made by SEGA

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2010, 05:54:29 pm »
Going to be an excellent title when released, hopefully with a console version out soon, I'll be able to enjoy all the additions that AM2 have done in the mean time.

Also would like to play as Taka again and the changes in the grab system intrigues me, knowing AM2 though, I'm sure they would have done it so it would feel as natural as possible.

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 12:48:24 am »
I also am very hopeful but certain of a console release. As always, the game is turning out fantastically and all of the changes (like the new grab system) really seem like the perfect mix of accessible and challenging gameplay that is oh so rewarding. Par the course, really.

If there would be one thing I could ever worry about, it would be that I am not sure if the console release will have that great of a single player mode as it could have, and that some extra features might be lacking. Hopefully if Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution is anything to go by, there will be a lot to do outside of fights. AM2 is also one of the worst developers inside of SEGA with achievements as well. VF5 was too basic, unbalanced, extremely hard and time consuming to get all of them, and VOOT was way too simple, maybe the easiest XBLA game to get all of them. If fucking Namco can make decent achievements, anyone can.

Offline NiGHTS

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2010, 01:46:20 pm »
I hope they announce it soon

Offline Suzuki Yu

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2010, 11:14:58 pm »
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm11441012

it seems that you can change the music like VF5R niiiiiiiiiice ! i was waiting for confirmation  :mrgreen:

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2010, 08:07:42 am »
Here is a very handy tool
http://mmcafe.com/nico.html

If you cant be bothered faffing around just go to this site, put any Nico Video URL into the bar and it'll convert and play it for you.
Made by SEGA

Offline STORM!

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2010, 05:27:36 am »
 I just get pissed off with this new game. It's completely different, and I'm having a lot of issues with the new dash system.

Aoi still very slow, and she lost a few moves that I NEED to win a match...

At this time, I'm hating the changes. VF5R was the best update ever!