Gaming > General Gaming Discussion

another proof that AM3 doesn't exist anymore...

(1/4) > >>

Suzuki Yu:
and most of their staff are working with AM2 now.

this is a new part-time job announced for Research and Development II (AM2)
http://sega.jp/corp/saiyo/parttime/20110225_1/
and it got published in both pages Arcade & Software, i think this is new to them! usually any hiring from AM2 would be only published in the Arcade page

and they are listing the IPs they are responsible for

--- Quote ---Card Gen MLB, Miku Project DIVA Arcade Dorimishiata Miku Project DIVA,
BORDER BREAK, Power Smash, Virtua Fighter, Virtual On,
Network Mahjong MJ, Kurosureido Shining,
Medal game applications for mobile phones, other mobile phone content
--- End quote ---

so we can safely say now and for sure that the only remaining AM studios these days are AM1 & AM2 (except for some minor teams like initial-D and the kids related teams)  
and for me it's clear that each department are focusing on a totally different business and strategy.
AM1 = mainly focusing on card based games, Light-gun games and Medal games
AM2 = mainly focusing on Video-game software

cube_b3:
This was kind of obvious by the number of present studio heads which I believe was 3 or 4 last time I checked.

This also explains Border Break, it is sad to see so much talent down graded, it hurts. I would love to see Akujiki 3 instead of Bayonetta 2. Something from SmileBit instead of MadWorld.

Why can't SEGA have faith in their own teams, it isn't like outsourced games do any better critically or commercially if anything they are low on the critic side.

Suzuki Yu:
i don't see this as bad thing at all.

this will enhances the AM2's strength even more, i don't think the producer of Border break would end up with such a fabulous result if he is still in his own department (AM3)

even VT4 seemed to be way better than VT3 specially in the animation area

Deefy:
I think SEGA today should have four major development dept. :
AM1, AM2, CS1, CS3, plus the entity of SONIC TEAM, but i'm unsure.

--- Quote ---I would love to see Akujiki 3 instead of Bayonetta 2. Something from SmileBit instead of MadWorld.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Why can't SEGA have faith in their own teams, it isn't like outsourced games do any better critically or commercially if anything they are low on the critic side.
--- End quote ---

I'm totally with you cube, but after the merger the policy in SEGA is diametrically opposed, just over a year ago the company had fired 500/600 employees, mostly in the arcade and consumer development divisions.

Many games that seem entirely developed in-house instead are largely the result of external collaborations, examples : Project Diva, Yakuza PSP, Shining Hearts, VAL3 even with nearly ten companies involved etc. .

cube_b3:
I don't have access to Arcades, SEGA doesn't port their games to consoles anymore as far as I am concerned they don't exist.

The big yap yap of current Sega fans is Yakuza and I am not into it that much.

This current SEGA forces the teams to churn out sequels after sequels rather than do more. I would like Team Valkyria to stop make Valkyria games now and get to work on Skies again!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version