Author Topic: Game Room for the 360 - Pack 12 Released  (Read 33888 times)

Offline Orta

• Total Meseta: 5
Re: Game Room for the 360
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2010, 06:51:27 pm »
The interface in Game Room is a bit hard to get used to. I found it somewhat confusing.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2010, 11:04:10 pm »
I don't have a problem with dropping 5 bucks on a classic game, even though I already have most of them for free.  The thing is, back in the day I would pay that much to spend an hour or two in an arcade.  I still will drop a few bucks on pinball machines, so I'm not that hung up about it.

One thing that really confused and disappointed me about Game Room is you can only see the group of games in a pack in place in the arcade rooms the first time you download them and fire it up.  I had to shut it down and came back the next day and was like, what happened?  The place is empty again.  You can still try them out, but there's a much cooler atmosphere when they're visible in the rooms.... it seems really arbitrary to take them away after one viewing.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2010, 12:23:14 pm »
Yes, when I was a kid I also blew (my grandma's) money on arcades almost every day. Still, this is a pretend arcade. I have a much more "arcade" experience by getting an arcade stick than getting virtual arcade cabinets.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the games are expensive. Some of those classic games are worth the money. But by using this method you aren't really paying just for the game. You're paying for a load of useless crap. This is my opinion, some people may actually enjoy the whole having a digital arcade room. I don't. I think it's wiser to get the original Xbox's Atari Anthology off Amazon for 5-10 bucks and play dozens and dozens of those same games.

This being said, I still think it is awesome to get all those classics. I just disagree on paying for a whole superficial presentation. And I would love to get something like this on my PS3. Only way to get that is by buying PS1 compilations I'm afraid..
SEG4GES

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2010, 04:29:18 pm »
Quote from: "crackdude"
This being said, I still think it is awesome to get all those classics. I just disagree on paying for a whole superficial presentation. And I would love to get something like this on my PS3. Only way to get that is by buying PS1 compilations I'm afraid..

You realise you download the Gameroom interface for free right? I very much doubt the games are getting jacked up in price considerably to pay for the interface.

Basically this is just a way to bulk-port games onto Xbox Live thats a lot faster than XBLA. XBLA requires Achievements and generally new features as well, whereas GameRoom will let developers who are too lazy/don't want to add all those features just dump the ROMS onto LIVE under the premis of being 'Just like the old days!'.

It's basically like Virtual Console on Xbox.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2010, 04:36:25 pm »
It is. If they released those retro grames via marketplace, no one would care. Now that Game Room got hype, they increase sales, meaning a premium price for free content is OK.

Free game room is just the hook.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2010, 04:49:46 pm »
The interface for free is an illusion. The interface alone won't do shit. Well you can try out the games, and that is nice of them. But still, the ones that will use the Game Room are the ones that buy stuff.

You cannot deny that the price is inflated, and their excuse for that is the whole service and interface.
They should make packs of two or three games and sell them for the game room price of one over XBLA, without all the fancy menus. But they won't. Why? Cause nobody would then care for the Game Room, and they'd be losing money.
SEG4GES

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2010, 04:53:25 pm »
How much are the games anyway? Unless they are considerably more expensive than Virtua Console games then I don't see the interface being responsible.

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2010, 05:19:34 pm »
Quote from: "MadeManG74"
How much are the games anyway? Unless they are considerably more expensive than Virtua Console games then I don't see the interface being responsible.

It is 240 points to purchase games, which is about 3 USD. 40 points to "Rent", which is 50 cents in USD.

FUCK YOU MICROSHIT, THAT THREE DOLLARS MEANT A LOT TO ME!!

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2010, 05:32:09 pm »
240? tf
My cousin told me that they were priced 400. I'm so smacking him in the face lol

It is still overpriced. They should come in packs.
SEG4GES

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2010, 05:42:43 pm »
Quote from: "crackdude"
240? tf
My cousin told me that they were priced 400. I'm so smacking him in the face lol

It is still overpriced. They should come in packs.

C'mon man 240 points is not overpriced. I guarantee that they would have charged that price for it on any other service or even on XBLA. Shit, look at the prices for ROMS on Virtua Console,. NES Games for 500 Points, thats $5 for each game without so much as a nice interface to access it. How can you say Gameroom is inflating prices when the closest competitor is charging the same/more for with no interface/menu/hub whatsoever?

The price they are charging is what they figure the game is worth and what they figure people will pay for it while still making a profit.  People do hope to make some money off this thing, and i'm sure it's cheap, but not free to put these games up on the service.

It's three dollars, what is that? Half a glass of beer?

Offline George

« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2010, 05:46:12 pm »
240 points for unlimited play on 360, then 400 to play on PC too. Its ludicrous that they even charge more for this 'play on two platforms' when PSP has Minis for sometimes cheaper (2 bucks) and plays on PSP and PS3.

Also most of the titles in Game Room are not very good.

240 points for a free game is not overpriced? Half those games suck.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2010, 05:53:48 pm »
Quote from: "George"
240 points for unlimited play on 360, then 400 to play on PC too. Its ludicrous that they even charge more for this 'play on two platforms' when PSP has Minis for sometimes cheaper (2 bucks) and plays on PSP and PS3.

I agree that the 400 points to play on PC is stupid, I'm not going to argue that, but 240 points for a game isn't overpriced.
If there is an alternative online in flash somwhere then yeah, go play that instead, but it's not like every single game on the service is/will have one.

Again, this is probably about as cheap as they can make these games and still make it worth their while putting them up.

Did everyone complain this much when Sega charged 400 points for Mega Drive games with no extra features apart from Save States (standard in any emulator software)? Did everyone blame the 'Sega Vintage' interface for jacking up the price?

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2010, 06:01:40 pm »
Quote from: "George"

And PSP Minis has anything better? Do not even fucking joke about that.

I do not even like the service either, but I do not see why people are bitching about it, you do not have to buy any of that stuff.

I can agree with your 360-to-PC argument though, but even that I do not think is a big deal.

Offline George

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2010, 07:55:00 pm »
PSP mini has some bad games, but at least they are original (for the most part) and cheap and able to play them on PSP/PS3.

I have a feeling that Game Room games will be ported to use on Windows 7 phones in the near future, of course for the premium price.

What I played, Blast Off is probably the best Mini game. There was a survival horror one released that people keep tweeting about (which I might check out later tonight).

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2010, 07:57:51 pm »
Quote from: "MadeManG74"

Did everyone complain this much when Sega charged 400 points for Mega Drive games with no extra features apart from Save States (standard in any emulator software)? Did everyone blame the 'Sega Vintage' interface for jacking up the price?
Of course not, cause those games DESERVE to cost 400 points. You're getting your money's worth.

I'm sorry if I think 3/4 bucks for freaking Yars' Revenge is too expensive, but I can order Atari Anthology for 10 bucks and have it plus 79 other games. That's 12.5cents/game!!

And NES games for 5 bucks is OK. That's a nice price for nice games. And not having the interface is good, cause I've said before I think the interface is crippling.
SEG4GES