Author Topic: Sega brings back the R-360!  (Read 3835 times)

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
Sega brings back the R-360!
« on: July 19, 2015, 06:49:15 am »

Yep...in Joypolis Japan, http://tokyo-joypolis.com/attraction/2nd/transformers.html

I'm not sure if back in the day the R-360 was a considered a "video game" but rather a "theme park attraction", but in todays arcade enviorment it seems to be more of a theme park attraction.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
Re: Sega brings back the R-360!
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2015, 07:02:02 am »
That gives me a bit of hope - that's a bit of the old SEGA there . G-Loc 360 was an amazing game and I still remember fondly having the shoot down record in Hamleys on the game when I played it :)
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2015, 07:07:12 am »
G-Loc was also playable on a standard cab.

How many games were playable in the R360? I know G-Loc and Strike Fighter, and Rad Mobile and Wing War were cancelled I think?

Spunning off their theme park division hopefully gives it more growth to try interresting ambitious cabinets. Not sure how that market is doing worldwide . Does the West have "indoor" theme parks anywhere?

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2015, 09:11:52 am »
G-Loc was also playable on a standard cab.

How many games were playable in the R360? I know G-Loc and Strike Fighter, and Rad Mobile and Wing War were cancelled I think?

G Lock was pants in the standard cab and so boring imo . In the R360 it was an amazing experience and laugh . Remember all us boys playing the game in Blackpool on a stag due and one of the boys being sick after he came off it lol .
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure