Author Topic: huh, Dreamcast controller works on PS3...sort of  (Read 4743 times)

Offline Sega Stylista

• Total Meseta: 0
huh, Dreamcast controller works on PS3...sort of
« on: July 16, 2010, 04:00:39 pm »
the official Dreamcast controller adapted with a Mayflash DC to USB adaptor is recognized by the PS3 plugged into one of the USB ports.  Did not know this. . .???

Just played some Marvel vs Capcom and Sega Rally demo with it.  It actually works fairly well except one real catch that pause/start on the DC controller is recognized as L1 and not "start".  That is a real problem for any game that requires the actual start button to be pressed as opposed to allowing start via the "a" button, for example, or if you just want to pause mid-game.

My question was whether the DC controller could be used for any of these upcoming DC digital titles and it looks like under these circumstances it can sort of.

Try playing Jet Grind Radio with a Dual Shock and you'll see why using the actual DC controller is *much* preferable.

Oh well. . . share your own experiments adapting DC controllers to next gen console if you have tried.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

[size=150]SEGA DIGITALISTA[/size][/color]

Giant corporations. . . The assassin\'s underworld has become a commodity. A chance for profit AND entertainment for the masses. But shadows from the wilder days still linger. . .

Offline Sega Stylista

Re: huh, Dreamcast controller works on PS3...sort of
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 04:03:03 pm »
here's the adaptor, btw:

Giant corporations. . . The assassin\'s underworld has become a commodity. A chance for profit AND entertainment for the masses. But shadows from the wilder days still linger. . .

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 04:12:07 pm »
I'm sure with some wire redirecting to a USB end we could make the controller connect directly and with the buttons mapped as they should.. Someone handy with electronics could check this out..
SEG4GES

Offline Orta

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 05:58:58 pm »
Wiring won't do the trick, you must reprogram the microprocessor inside the little box. It's not surprising, since virtually any USB controller is compatible with the PS3. It certainly is quite interesting though.

Offline upsidedown fuji

• Total Meseta: 3
  • Chillin' with the Blue Rogues.
    • Upsidedown Fuji
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010, 02:15:19 am »
I want one of those 3 in 1 boxes you have. I'd really like to plug my Sega Saturn game pad into my PC when I play my saturn emulator. Are those still for sale and if so where?

Offline Sega Stylista

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2010, 05:27:07 pm »
Quote from: "upsidedown fuji"
I want one of those 3 in 1 boxes you have. I'd really like to plug my Sega Saturn game pad into my PC when I play my saturn emulator. Are those still for sale and if so where?

dude, aren't they still selling Saturn usb controllers cheap on ebay?  You can get one of those for the same price you can get this adapter.

Here's the adapter if you want to buy it:

http://sewelldirect.com/MayFlash-PS2-co ... 2d36323536