Author Topic: OMGOMGOMGOMG *First Shogun 2 Gameplay Trailer*  (Read 4635 times)

Offline Pao

• Total Meseta: 7
OMGOMGOMGOMG *First Shogun 2 Gameplay Trailer*
« on: July 28, 2010, 05:27:36 pm »
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclu ... n-2/702266

Whoa whoa wow...  :shock:
The Animations are just too realistic and the graphics are amazing, everything looks awesome in that video.

If there is something SEGA done right in the past years, its buying Creative Assembly  :afroman:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: OMGOMGOMGOMG *First Shogun 2 Gameplay Trailer*
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 05:47:18 pm »
Beautiful! I'm proud to see the SEGA logo precede this trailer.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 05:51:36 pm »
Its on the frount page... Shame nobody is going to actually give a shit becuase as it turns out Sega fans don't like RTS and stick their nose up at everything TW related.
Made by SEGA

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010, 01:43:54 am »
Looks just I expected, but that is great news. I have a feeling the weather effects are going to really blow me away once we see them all, though!

Quote from: "Sharky"
Its on the frount page... Shame nobody is going to actually give a shit becuase as it turns out Sega fans don't like RTS and stick their nose up at everything TW related.

That is just because like 95% of SEGA fans are and always have been based on consoles. It is like you with handhelds.

Offline Orta

• Total Meseta: 5
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2010, 04:31:57 am »
That video is quite pretty. I'm wondering about what they pull off with actual gameplay.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2010, 04:51:30 am »
Quote from: "Sharky"

Total War has it's own fanbase, but in general, people who are primarily Sega fans probably wouldn't know much about it. The sales are always good though, so it's not like it's dying thankfully!

Also, this is kinda pedantic, but I feel I should point it out: Total War is NOT an RTS. It's a strategy game, but not Real-Time-Strategy. It's Turn Based Strategy (with Real Time Tactics). Real-Time Strategy implies something like Age of Empires where EVERYTHING takes place in real time. Again, not a big issue, but it is a distinctly different Genre.

I also wish my Internet wasn't running like shit so I could actually watch this fucking trailer ;_;

Offline Sharky

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2010, 05:24:00 pm »
The battles are real time! And hell if I'm that bothered about what Genre it is!

SO THERE!!!
Made by SEGA

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2010, 04:50:09 am »
Don't take me the wrong way, I'm just stating that it's technically not an RTS. I mentioned that the battles are in Real Time, but it's just battles, which makes it technically Real Time Tactics (RTT) since there is zero resource management/building.

I know it doesn't matter what genre it is to enjoy the games, but when we talk about it on the front page etc, I think we should make the effort to use the right terms. It's like calling VF a scrolling beat-em-up because the screen does move and you do beat people up.

In any event, I can't watch the trailer until my internet rolls back over to full speed, SO I'M ANGRY! SO THERE! :p

Offline Sharky

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2010, 06:53:54 am »
I think most people would know it as an RTS though even if it technically isnt.
I know all of my friends would call it an RTS.
Made by SEGA

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2010, 02:18:23 pm »
It looks amazing, but I've never tried this type of game.  Seems pretty overwhelming.

Offline Sharky

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2010, 04:25:40 pm »
Quote from: "Centrale"
It looks amazing, but I've never tried this type of game.  Seems pretty overwhelming.

It does... but it isnt. There is a VERY helpful turotrial mode at the start of the game that runs you though everything you need to know... It IS a complex game but it isnt as hard to learn as you would think and it's one of the most addictive games I've ever played... Building armies, taking over lands, assassinations... Battles and battle tactics.

It's easy to learn hard to master but one hell of a fun game, It's to 'RTS' what Virtua Fighter is to Fighters.
Made by SEGA

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2010, 06:32:01 pm »
^Except it's not an RTS! FFFFFFFFFFFF

:p
At least just call it a strategy game! haha

Anyway, I agree with Sharky, it seems very overwhelming at first, but when you actually break it down into it's core aspects, the building parts and the battles it's really quite manageable and fun.

The turn based building and management allows you to take as much time as you need to organise things, and the real time battles have pretty understandable controls, and start off with small encounters where you only really need to control 2~3 units at once.

I was in the same boat thinking this game was really hard but then my friend bought Rome on his PC and when I played it for a little bit I immediately bought the game for myself and then lost hours and hours and hours playing through the campaigns. So much fun.