Author Topic: NeoGAF user Grief.exe begins twitter campaign to push SEGA into PC ports.  (Read 12480 times)

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
Re: NeoGAF user Grief.exe begins twitter campaign to push SEGA into PC ports.
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2014, 12:16:28 pm »
I wonder if they could get Fantasy Zone II DX on the PC....a Side Scrolling Shooter on Steam wouldn't be a bad idea to re-introduce it!
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2014, 01:18:23 pm »
VK on the PC, retweeted it.

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2014, 01:22:36 pm »
OP, I think you should spread the word to UK Site www.retrogamer.net.

They have a strong presence for SEGA love and are regarded as a good community who will back this petition if you ask them.

They'll of course ask questions as to how ambitious this is and stuff, but they'll get behind it.

I made a ASR Transformed thread there and it's still going in regards to the Steam port.

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2014, 07:09:23 am »
OP, I think you should spread the word to UK Site www.retrogamer.net.

They have a strong presence for SEGA love and are regarded as a good community who will back this petition if you ask them.

They'll of course ask questions as to how ambitious this is and stuff, but they'll get behind it.

I made a ASR Transformed thread there and it's still going in regards to the Steam port.
I have huge doubts about them covering it. Like their name and all of their articles suggest, they don't do articles about modern games. Only retro games.

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2014, 01:17:33 pm »
The Magazine may cover it in their "modern" section, but the forums are like any other community, they still play "newer" games and would definitely be on board for this!

Better giving it a shot rather than ignoring it. Being selective doesn't help promoting your goal.

Offline Gagaman

• Total Meseta: 2
    • http://segamemories.tumblr.com/
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2014, 05:53:34 pm »
I wonder if they could get Fantasy Zone II DX on the PC....a Side Scrolling Shooter on Steam wouldn't be a bad idea to re-introduce it!
Any new port of this I would be happy with. I'm guessing if it did happen M2 would make it a 3D classic on 3DS.

As for PC ports from Sega, I think getting all the Yakuza games on Steam would probably make it's cult status here even bigger, purely from word of mouth. The series deserves to be on more than just Playstation formats (and a random Wii U port). Really though ports still cost a bit of money to do so who knows if they would be willing to do this.

Offline RegalSin

• Banned
Don't worry, it is coming soon. The reality is that SEGA only ports things they feel, could choke more money out of, and that depends on the selling point. Other games are made to just make you buy the game console itself. The way I see it, is that if a game is not being ported to PC, it is because they do not feel it is time yet. Also by not porting protects the purchase of the player, meaning SEGA can reuse it's IP at a later date, in case of emergencies as with Capcom and Resident Evil.

Besides, the only reason why we would want a port of Bayonetta, is so that we would mod the living daylights out of it. Like all the female skins could be nude, and have extra big boobs. Looks like a freaky Vash the Stampede.