Author Topic: SEGA Live Action Movies Thread - "Of course I want a latte!"  (Read 106865 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
Re: SEGA Live Action Movies Thread - "Of course I want a latte!"
« Reply #750 on: March 03, 2024, 07:38:01 pm »
SEGA Talk #135: Unreleased Sonic Movies – Trilogy Entertainment Group (1994-1995)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gfWfebN_Dw

On this special SEGA Talk podcast we will be looking at newly found information on a very early script pitched by Trilogy Entertainment Group for SEGA and MGM, plus we look at the famous re-write that has also made its way to the wild. Get your popcorn ready!

Article : https://segabits.com/blog/2024/03/02/sega-talk-135-unreleased-sonic-movies-trilogy-entertainment-group-1994-1995/

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #751 on: March 04, 2024, 09:46:47 am »
TV series has more restrictions than movie so I'm sure the movie wouldn't do that.
Damn... but, lots of PG-13s are horror movies, surely Sonic 3 can pull it off.

I like to think the reason why Sonic 3 is PG-13 is not because it wants to go violent, but that it simply wants the legroom it needs for more action and dramatic scenes.

Offline Berto

« Reply #752 on: March 04, 2024, 09:32:18 pm »
Damn... but, lots of PG-13s are horror movies, surely Sonic 3 can pull it off.

I like to think the reason why Sonic 3 is PG-13 is not because it wants to go violent, but that it simply wants the legroom it needs for more action and dramatic scenes.

The scene could be done offscreen or very fast sequence of flashback too but hopefully they won't have to resort to that to compromise with the rating.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #753 on: March 05, 2024, 10:41:26 pm »
The scene could be done offscreen or very fast sequence of flashback too but hopefully they won't have to resort to that to compromise with the rating.
Well yeah, I mean, I don't want them to... actually shoot Maria in cold blood.

I just don't want executives or higher ups telling the producers that Maria's death would be inappropriate or insensitive to include in the movie. Or that, if they did include it, will water it down in some way.
Even if we don't see actual blood or her actually dying... I just want it to be absolutely clear what happened to Maria.

And while 4Kids was mostly faithful to Maria's death scene from the original footage of Sonic X, I still think they could do a bit better than that.

Offline Berto

« Reply #754 on: March 15, 2024, 04:00:07 am »
Sonic 3 movie has finished filming

In 9 months from now, Sonic the Hedgehog 3 will be officially premiering in theaters. Marketing of the film has been little so far, but we know that it will feature the appearance of Shadow the Hedgehog. Ever since last fall, the third Sonic movie has been in the process of filming.
Well, that is now no longer the case.
James Marsden, who plays Tom Wachowski in the Sonic movies, has confirmed in a video from The Playlist that the film has officially wrapped the ...

Article : https://mynintendonews.com/2024/03/14/sonic-3-movie-has-finished-filming/

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #755 on: March 16, 2024, 01:10:20 pm »
Sonic 3 movie has finished filming

Article : https://mynintendonews.com/2024/03/14/sonic-3-movie-has-finished-filming/
Heck yeah! Plus, there's Knuckles to look forward to while they put the movie together.

Offline Berto

« Reply #756 on: March 17, 2024, 05:52:55 am »
Heck yeah! Plus, there's Knuckles to look forward to while they put the movie together.

Yep. Hopefully Knuckles TV series will get good reviews so that other Sonic related TV series can follow next.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #757 on: March 18, 2024, 02:16:18 am »
Yep. Hopefully Knuckles TV series will get good reviews so that other Sonic related TV series can follow next.
I hope so too. Good reviews means more chance of a TV series after Sonic 3. I'd say we'll likely have a Shadow TV series.