Author Topic: Alien: Isolation Release Discussion - Reviews & Spoilers  (Read 60646 times)

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
Re: Alien: Isolation Release Discussion - Reviews & Spoilers
« Reply #75 on: October 06, 2014, 04:48:58 am »
If anything the Game Informer review is proof that just because they had a big cover story on the game, that it doesn't mean that they'll give the game a 9+ score.
They would be stupid to give ALIENS COLONIAL MARINES a high score...and they were the first ones to have the exclusive look....too bad none of those images were real or realised...

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #76 on: October 06, 2014, 08:33:40 am »
I have to agree that sometimes a game can be 'too long'. Obviously we want lots of content, but if you find yourself doing the same thing for 20 hours in a game without any significant changes or challenges to keep you interested it's easy to just want the game to end.

I can think of Grandia 2 being an example, where they just began recycling bosses at the end, and the story wasn't really going anywhere apart from 'Now the big bad is running again. Now he's throwing this at you. Now he's running again.'. Also Lost Odyssey, it felt like they just desperately wanted to be able to say it was 60 hours long or whatever.

As for sales, digital sales probably aren't a good indication yet, since there seems to be zero incentive to pre-order the game digitally (no discounts or bonuses), and it's not possible for the game to be out of stock so most are probably waiting for day one.

Offline Mariano

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Segarion
    • Funnoticias
« Reply #77 on: October 06, 2014, 01:35:25 pm »

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #78 on: October 06, 2014, 03:31:04 pm »
Not bad..

Offline Ben

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #79 on: October 06, 2014, 04:25:16 pm »
I haven't seen nearly as much in the way of marketing for this game as I did for Colonial Marines, which bums me out.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #80 on: October 07, 2014, 07:58:09 am »
I haven't seen nearly as much in the way of marketing for this game as I did for Colonial Marines, which bums me out.

Colonial Marines had a wider potential audience I think.

Offline TruthEnigma

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #81 on: October 07, 2014, 08:24:21 am »
I was listening to the Joystiq podcast and they had an interesting discussion on the game. They said that if the game finished at 10/11 hours, it would have been one of the great survival horror games ever. The graphics are amazing and the atmosphere is perfect. Apparently Creative Assembly built the levels only using stuff that would have been available to the set designers in 1979, so you don't have a situation where you suddenly have guys with iPad type devices that have not been seen in any of the films. The only real problem with the first 10 hours is the human AI is stupid, but they are rare enough that it doesn't affect the game. However at 10/11 hours the entire game falls off a cliff. They specifically said it is almost enough to ruin the game. A complete change of pacing and style. They said it seemed like a creative director type told them to stretch the game for another few hours to avoid "the game's too short" type comments on forums. Interesting. I'm still planning on playing the hell out of it.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #82 on: October 07, 2014, 09:21:49 am »

There are TV adverts over here I've seen it come on twice between one show.
Made by SEGA

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #83 on: October 07, 2014, 09:42:06 am »
Got my copy of Alien: Isolation! Can't wait to try it, probably going to wait until it's dark to give it a go.

Also SEGA had a massive booth for it at Eurogamer this year, it was either the biggest or joint biggest with Far Cry and Assassin's Creed, something around 60+ consoles hooked up to play it.

Maybe SEGA Europe is just promoting this game more than SEGA America?

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #84 on: October 07, 2014, 09:57:56 am »
Got my copy of Alien: Isolation! Can't wait to try it, probably going to wait until it's dark to give it a go.

Also SEGA had a massive booth for it at Eurogamer this year, it was either the biggest or joint biggest with Far Cry and Assassin's Creed, something around 60+ consoles hooked up to play it.

Maybe SEGA Europe is just promoting this game more than SEGA America?

You should leave impressions once you play it.

I would definitely agree that i haven't seen as much promotion for this game as i did Colonial Marines, i'm sure it's a SOA issue as usual.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline Mariano

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Segarion
    • Funnoticias
« Reply #85 on: October 07, 2014, 01:50:02 pm »
This is why sometimes i loss my faith in the gamer community:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/alien-isolation

The game had not even 24 hours since the launch and more than 100 people had already made a review in metacritic...for god sake...

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #86 on: October 07, 2014, 02:02:39 pm »
This is why sometimes i loss my faith in the gamer community:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/alien-isolation

The game had not even 24 hours since the launch and more than 100 people had already made a review in metacritic...for god sake...

Heh, you should see Steam Reviews.

It seems like more than half are just throwaway jokes.

Offline Ben

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #87 on: October 07, 2014, 04:43:37 pm »

I'm sure there's a commercial over here too but it hasn't been running nearly as much (in my experience) as CM was. I remember being at bars and seeing the CM commercial up on their TV screens multiple times when sports games were on, etc.

Haven't seen much of anything for Isolation, even during new South Park episodes, etc.

Offline Chaosmaster8753

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #88 on: October 07, 2014, 06:12:30 pm »
The commercial's been shown on Adult Swim several times.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #89 on: October 07, 2014, 10:42:21 pm »
Yeah, SEGA loves to show adverts on Adult Swim. I don't have cable, only game that I have seen on ads (I only watch American Football and Gotham) has been Shadow of Mordor.