Author Topic: Crimson Dragon accidently Leaked demo recorded  (Read 5027 times)

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
Crimson Dragon accidently Leaked demo recorded
« on: January 03, 2013, 11:23:13 pm »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0tWhS7hJJA[/youtube]

I kind of wonder why they said it wasn't going to be anything like panzer dragoon, because apart from a few differences in the visual design, it looks and sounds exactly the same. The music is beautiful. This is a panzerdragoon spiritual succesor, not published by SEGA

Not sayin that it is a bad  thing though. The game looks amazing..
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 11:27:05 pm by CrazyTails »

Offline semmie

• Banned
Re: Crimson Dragon accidently Leaked demo recorded
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 07:05:27 am »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0tWhS7hJJA[/youtube]

I kind of wonder why they said it wasn't going to be anything like panzer dragoon, because apart from a few differences in the visual design, it looks and sounds exactly the same. The music is beautiful. This is a panzerdragoon spiritual succesor, not published by SEGA

Not sayin that it is a bad  thing though. The game looks amazing..

is there more info about this game. cause u said not by sega. but i would almost swear it is panzer dragoon if u didnt mention the name of this game

are there ex sega game makers involved in this?
the dragon has the uniqorn or horn whatever on front. this indicates of almost the same as panzer dragoon

isnt the name just changed because sega has the ownership to the name panzer dragoon? and therefor these game makers forced to change the name?

so many questions

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 07:30:14 am »
It's similar because it's directed by Yukio Futatsugi (director of the first three Panzer Dragoon games) and the composer is Saori Kobayashi (who co-scored Panzer Dragoon Saga and Orta).

The gameplay, music and look is very similar, however it does not take place in the PD world. Sort of like how Child of Eden was a spiritual successor to Rez.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 07:33:04 am »
I can only answer from a bit of my knowledge and speculation. What I read is that the creators/art directors and probably composers too(that music just sounds too similar to panzer zwei and saga) of the original games have been assigned to make a flagship kinect exclusive game for microsoft.

I think others would be much more informed on the matter of this development team. I think it was team andromeda or something like that. As far as I know however, panzer dragoon Orta had a slightly different team working on it compared to the saturn games. I found that orta looked, and sounded quite different from the originals.

However crimson dragon reminds me so much of the saturn games. So yeah it's pretty sad to see what was once a 1st/2nd party SEGA dev team, is now making a game under microsofts brand. Because I love their work so much

Edit: ninja'd by barry. Take in mind  guys most of what I said was just speculation

There is some more footage btw

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wTg7LLrfII[/youtube]

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 08:07:48 am »
This game, Child of Eden and Gunstringer make the Kinect worth owning for me. This really does look like an awesome title, and from what I;ve read the Kinect controls are good. Having played Child of Eden, I don't doubt it. Just wish they had a friggin' release date!

Offline semmie

• Banned
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 08:22:03 am »
hearing from u that it will be on kinect makes me suspicious about the game wether it be good or not.
i mean controls are very important as well. the control scheme of the sega sat was perfectly fine.

if the game is playable with a joypad.

speaking offtopic:
wasnt this a part of the betrayal of many sega producers at that time when microsoft was analysing the DC and after lied to sega and screwed hard.

they got sega hard when promising stuff andd all of a sudden they were with MS. shame.

ontopic again
mixed feelings.
i loved the panzer dragoon series including saga. but looking at this minus that it aint sega anymore is like:

yeah i like you crimson but you aint sega. its disturbing. i will survive that torment and play the game anyway

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 08:46:21 am »
I question why SEGA let these guys go.

But I actually think it was a good decision...they seem to only make Dragon games...whilst this was great for SEGA when such a setting was unheard of...they are, in my opinion...making it seem like that's the ONLY thing they can do these days.

Aren't these guys the ones who made Rez also? Despite being a great game (or so I hear), they seem to be stuck in this genre fatigue....I wish them all the best on this game...but my god man...can't you guys make anything else NOT Dragon/Flying related?

I wouldn't put it past them if they were credited in Pokemon for the Dragon/Flying designs. /JOKE

Nothing against these guys, they have talent...but they need to actually make something else.
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline Ben

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2013, 12:47:52 pm »
These are not the same guys who made Rez.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2013, 01:14:09 pm »
Katsumi Yokota worked on both Rez and PDS and PSZ as an artist. But he doesn't (to my knowledge) play a part in Crimson Dragon.

Rez and Child of Eden are Tetsuya Mizuguchi games, while the first three Panzer Dragoon titles and Crimson Dragon are Yukio Futatsugi games.

I'm not seeing any Rez/Crimson Dragon crossover with staff, unless I'm missing somebody.

Offline Trippled

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2013, 02:21:03 pm »
Half or at least 1/4 who made the orginal Panzer Dragoons, are still at Sega...no Orta staff on this one right? (besides Music)

In 1999, AM6 was intentionally made to go a very different direction (Jet Set Radio), now they are major contributors to Yakuza. So I wonder if a Jet Set Radio ever got made again, it would be like Orta I guess.

Offline Nameless 24

• Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2013, 06:09:55 am »
I bought a RetroGamer magazine the other day which talked to the developers of Panzer Dragoon and Rez, there are some crossovers from what I read (Rez staff talking about Panzer Dragoon fondly) so I am guessing most of the staff went to UGA after Panzer Dragoon and then to SmileBit after that (what few members they had left), the whole team was split into many different companies/divisions (Artoon, Q Games, AM2 (Shenmue), Nintendo etc).

There aren't many guys that went to SmileBit it seems...

The information was very interesting to read as it has a "Where are they now?".

Out of the five major dudes who made the Panzer Dragoon games, only two are still at SEGA (AM2 and AM7 respectively).
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 06:12:20 am by Nameless 24 »
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.