Author Topic: SEGA at E3 2013  (Read 67921 times)

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
SEGA at E3 2013
« on: May 22, 2013, 01:34:24 pm »
E3 is only three weeks away and SEGA finds itself with the second biggest booth for a Japanese third party and sixth overall. Full E3 floor plan is below;

We still have no confirmation of what games are going to be there but we should be looking at Sonic Lost World and possibly Creative Assembly's Alien title.

For reference, SEGA's E3 last year had this line up;
- Aliens: Colonial Marines
- The Cave
- Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit
- Jet Set Radio
- Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
- Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz
- Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 01:43:14 pm by Aki-at »

Offline inthesky

• Total Meseta: 5
  • Altaha Abilia
Re: SEGA at E3 2013
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 01:57:29 pm »
Thanks for the post. Wow, Sega's got a bigger booth than Capcom and Konami. SE's got the biggest one, which one might expect.

It's also funny how Nintendo and Sony's booths mirror each other.

Ugh, I would love to check out E3 some time. Atlus, Tecmo-Koei, XSEED, Capcom, and...this company called Sega, would be nice to see the booths, if only for one day. The problem is no one here has titles I'm super looking forward to and Namco's MIA, but I'm sure I could make a day of it. Assuming of course, that a mere civilian like me would be allowed in to E3.
Proud recipient of the second ever Gary Player Award!
I support Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia HD ports!

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 01:59:06 pm »
Really hoping for:

PSO2
Aliens game from CA
Sonic Lost World 3DS and Wii U
Mickey Castle of Illusion
Shenmue HD
Skies of Arcadia HD
Mystery console title

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 05:48:58 pm »
Seeing how little games SEGA has announced right now, I guess they'll either focus a lot of Sonic Lost World or announce more big games at E3.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2013, 06:42:22 pm »
I was just talking about this on the Retro chat. Why doesn't SEGA release a summer collection of Sonic titles on Wii U? Like Sony does HD Remasters for their games all the times and they sell well. Why not release a Sonic the Hedgehog HD Remaster collection on Wii U with Sonic Adventure DX, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle and Sonic Heroes?

I mean, they are already ported on PC/360/PS3 (Adventure games).

Outside of that I would like to see more Dreamcast classics and maybe some more Whitehead ports being announced (mainly Streets of Rage 2).

Def would love to see the Aliens game by Creative Assembly, but I rather see more of the Warhammer game. I love the Warhammer universe, so that would be awesome.

This might be weird but the developer 38 Studios is selling their franchise Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning assets to keep on functioning. I think SEGA should just buy the whole studio. The game was actually fun but repetitive. I think with more time, money, and focus the team could create a huge AAA game that could be a big hit that SEGA is looking for in the West.

I would love that if SEGA chances stances on what they release in the west and that they will be focused on releasing quality games by big names in Japan. 7th Dragon will never sell in the US, but it would be nice if the team got together with a bigger vision for 3DS games that appeal to everyone.

Offline TimmiT

• Total Meseta: 8
    • Sonic Retro
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2013, 06:51:35 pm »
I was just talking about this on the Retro chat. Why doesn't SEGA release a summer collection of Sonic titles on Wii U? Like Sony does HD Remasters for their games all the times and they sell well. Why not release a Sonic the Hedgehog HD Remaster collection on Wii U with Sonic Adventure DX, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle and Sonic Heroes?

I mean, they are already ported on PC/360/PS3 (Adventure games).
Because Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 are really the only games people want, and like you said they already have HD ports. (well, I suppose you can't really call the first Adventure port HD) People didn't really like Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog, it's more likely that they'll do another Dreamcast Collection-type thing.
Outside of that I would like to see more Dreamcast classics and maybe some more Whitehead ports being announced (mainly Streets of Rage 2).
Agreed, the ports don't really seem that hard to do so they can do those to make a quick and easy buck.

Def would love to see the Aliens game by Creative Assembly, but I rather see more of the Warhammer game. I love the Warhammer universe, so that would be awesome.
It seems pretty likely that the Alien game will be revealed at E3, as it's apparently going to be for both curren-gen and next-gen consoles.

This might be weird but the developer 38 Studios is selling their franchise Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning assets to keep on functioning. I think SEGA should just buy the whole studio. The game was actually fun but repetitive. I think with more time, money, and focus the team could create a huge AAA game that could be a big hit that SEGA is looking for in the West.
I'm not sure if this would be financial suicide or not. :V

I would love that if SEGA chances stances on what they release in the west and that they will be focused on releasing quality games by big names in Japan. 7th Dragon will never sell in the US, but it would be nice if the team got together with a bigger vision for 3DS games that appeal to everyone.
I wouldn't mind it if they just released these games digitally with subtitles or something.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2013, 06:52:41 pm »
I reckon they are saving up their announcements till the day before E3...

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2013, 06:55:33 pm »
@ TimmiT, Yeah I was talking about a disc based release with 3 games: Sonic Adventure 1/2 and Heroes. Skip Shadow the Hedgehog. Even though I didn't like heroes (and much of the 2nd Adventure game, especially the later part) I think there are enough fans that will buy it. I have seen a few people here like the Heroes titles. As long as there is people with money, I don't see the harm.

Especially if Adventure is a real 1080p/widescreen title.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2013, 07:08:03 pm »
PSO2! PSO2! PSO2!

*cries*

it wont be there.. because.. because SEGA West.

Offline puyopuyoman

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2013, 07:22:34 pm »
I would be totally cool with some more HD Dreamcast re-releases!
Although I'm predicting a large amount of that space will be for pushing Sonic Lost World

Offline nuckles87

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2013, 07:29:33 pm »
PSO2! PSO2! PSO2!

*cries*

SEGA's PC games typically don't have much of a presence there outside of the occasional behind closed doors Total War presentation.

Offline lordtomo

• Total Meseta: 1
  • I am the lord!
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2013, 09:37:06 pm »
PSO2! PSO2! PSO2!

*cries*

i thought i read somewhere that will be making on for the vita?

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2013, 10:12:19 pm »
i thought i read somewhere that will be making on for the vita?

PSO2 is out on the Vita in Japan. If you can understand Japanese, set yourself up with a Japanese PSN account, which will require a different memory card from the current one you use on your vita, unless you wanna wipe it. You can download it off Japanese PSN. I think they recommend at least a 16GB card.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2013, 01:51:18 am »
This gon be good. Finally some SEGA blowout. They've been awfully quiet lately.

Most of my excitement goes to Mickey mouse and sonic.

Shenmue HD
Skies of Arcadia HD

Why does reading those make me so happy. I doubt it, but it'd be great. I've been holding out to replay them because of the rumors.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2013, 04:48:26 am »
They will defiantly show COH 2 because its an high level acquired franchise, its main market is the United States and its going to be released during the summer anyway. CA's ALIEN game,i dunno if they want to take the risk showing an ALIENS game too soon after the fiasco of the last one.