Author Topic: The Nintendo Direct official thread  (Read 22230 times)

Offline Dr. SEGA Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
Re: The Nintendo Direct official thread
« Reply #60 on: November 17, 2015, 11:59:39 am »
For me its even better than than its predecessor the wii and arguebly the gamecube as well when all is said and done

This I can agree with. I think the games themselves are better on the Wii U than the Wii, however, there is still reason to be concerned about how Nintendo is handling the Wii U and how it will affect their future. Fans will like the games of course, but the fact is that the sales are terrible. And if it continues like this, it will very much negatively affect them and their future output.

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #61 on: November 17, 2015, 01:13:26 pm »
Anyway, the WiiU is a far better console for Nintendo fans (Except if you're a 3D Mario guy) than the Wii and the Wii was ridiculously well received because of the casual shit they managed to popularize. I could give a fuck about how badly it's doing saleswise, it's a return of focus to the fans that grew their brand. Sure, it's an anemic one and the games are coming out at a snail's pace and the NX is sure to kill whatever effort they're pouring into it but if it has good games, I'll buy it. It's not complicated. I bought one for Smash and Bayonetta 2 alone.

Which is to say, the WiiU is a shittier Gamecube (With better action games) but hey, in this day and age, that's better than nothing. Not like the echo chamber third party support polluting the Xbox and PS4 make either console worthwhile. And don't even get me started on the pedantic performance blabbering - MY COD RUNS 3.4 FPS HIGHER THAN YOUR COD AND WITH SLIGHTLY IRRELEVANT HIGHER RESOLUTION, MY CONSOLE OF CHOICE JUST WON THE WAR, ROUND'S ON ME - It all comes down to exclusive games, which are also coming at a snail's pace.

Well that's good, don't give a fuck about how it's doing saleswise, so when Nintendo continues to falter and leaves the hardware business, don't complain.

Honestly dude, the Wii had some great games. Sure it had tons of casual garbage, but it had some damn good gems that even the Wii U wishes it had at this point. I was one of the early Wii U adopters and holy shit do i regret it. I haven't plugged my console in in months, it just sits there collecting dust. There just isn't enough compelling software coming out to keep me busy.

While the Wii U has some decent exclusives, so do others like the XBOX, which also happens to have a ton of 3rd party support. Which is something you apparently don't think is key for a Nintendo platform. As much as you wouldn't like to see, no doubt will the NX be a me-too console, they have no choice. The NX will not be manufactured with the intent of only pleasing Nintendo and their fans, it'll be manufactured with the intent of bringing in 3rd party games because it's critical.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #62 on: November 17, 2015, 01:40:45 pm »
Well that's good, don't give a fuck about how it's doing saleswise, so when Nintendo continues to falter and leaves the hardware business, don't complain.

Honestly dude, the Wii had some great games. Sure it had tons of casual garbage, but it had some damn good gems that even the Wii U wishes it had at this point. I was one of the early Wii U adopters and holy shit do i regret it. I haven't plugged my console in in months, it just sits there collecting dust. There just isn't enough compelling software coming out to keep me busy.

While the Wii U has some decent exclusives, so do others like the XBOX, which also happens to have a ton of 3rd party support. Which is something you apparently don't think is key for a Nintendo platform. As much as you wouldn't like to see, no doubt will the NX be a me-too console, they have no choice. The NX will not be manufactured with the intent of only pleasing Nintendo and their fans, it'll be manufactured with the intent of bringing in 3rd party games because it's critical.

*jumping highfive*

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #63 on: November 17, 2015, 05:46:13 pm »
Anyone getting Xenoblade X?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 05:52:42 pm by CrazyT »

Offline Phantasos

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #64 on: November 21, 2015, 06:18:36 pm »

Yes. Because me not giving a fuck about sales is going to have a *devastating* effect on Nintendo's future endeavors in the hardware market. I mean, they just follow my every whim for industry references, wouldn't you know?

I bought the WiiU and all the games that interest me on the platform. I did my work as a consumer and my interest and investment stop there. If they keep making games, I couldn't care less if they're making consoles or not.

Honestly dude, the Wii had some great games.

Never said the opposite. It still doesn't deflect that the fact that:

it had tons of casual garbage

As it was aggressively pushed by Nintendo itself even if:

it had some damn good gems

which I can count with my both my hands. After the Wii's entire lifespan. As for this:

that even the Wii U wishes it had at this point.

It's entirely bullshit, unless if, like I said before, you're a 3D Mario fan as that series peaked with the Galaxy games. Most of the first party line up is either incredibly limited, not the best in their respective series (Metroid Prime 3) or just plain bad (Skyward Sword).

The Wii had the sales numbers but it was a shit console for core gamers. Kinda like the PS4, ironically enough.

I was one of the early Wii U adopters and holy shit do i regret it. I haven't plugged my console in in months, it just sits there collecting dust. There just isn't enough compelling software coming out to keep me busy.

What's this? You bought a console at launch and you immediately regret that decision since the launch line-up is dry as a fucking desert and you have to wait at least 2 years before you get a decent stack of games?

Boy, I never heard of such a thing, I tell yah what. Because damn, that PS4 and Xbone sure did have a bunch of great games to play a year after their launch! Games as far as the eye can see!

Me not caring about third party support (ASSASSIN'S CREED 18 ON A NINTENDO PLATFORM?! I MEAN, *FINALLY*) and Nintendo needing third party support the same thing they are not. They can pump whatever mainstream gaming friendly console they want, I only care about Nintendo because of the games only they can make happen.

Angry fella aren't ya ;)

You don't know the half of it. But right now? Pretty swell over finally getting a proper Star Fox game.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 08:20:06 pm by Phantasos »

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2015, 02:41:20 am »
I bought the WiiU and all the games that interest me on the platform. I did my work as a consumer and my interest and investment stop there. If they keep making games, I couldn't care less if they're making consoles or not.

Doubt Nintendo would be the same without hardware to be honest. Considering how often they spew that hardware and software go hand in hand. I don't think their quality would be top notch if they didn't develop on their own hardware, considering they're the only ones that truly know how to tap into them 100%

It's entirely bullshit, unless if, like I said before, you're a 3D Mario fan as that series peaked with the Galaxy games. Most of the first party line up is either incredibly limited, not the best in their respective series (Metroid Prime 3) or just plain bad (Skyward Sword).

The Wii had the sales numbers but it was a shit console for core gamers. Kinda like the PS4, ironically enough.

The Wii had plenty of great software that the Wii U doesn't.

Sin & Punishment, Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3(yeah it was good), Fire Emblem, Punch Out, Red Steel 2, No More Heroes, Xenoblade Chronicles, The Last Story, etc.. Yeah, quite the variety. While the Wii U does have some good software, i don't think the quality has been as good as the Wii's offerings. Just looking at metacritic alone for Nintendo's latest installments this year. The scores on most are lower than 80's, with the exception of Splatoon and Mario Maker. That is fucking awful for Nintendo. If there was 1 thing they had above the competition, it was polish and quality. Something that i think has been going away as of late.

What's this? You bought a console at launch and you immediately regret that decision since the launch line-up is dry as a fucking desert and you have to wait at least 2 years before you get a decent stack of games?

Boy, I never heard of such a thing, I tell yah what. Because damn, that PS4 and Xbone sure did have a bunch of great games to play a year after their launch! Games as far as the eye can see!

Where did i state that i regretted it immediately due to lack of software? I regret my purchase NOW due to the lack of software and clear abandonment once the NX shows up. Pretty obvious that the NX will arrive in 2016 and if the latest Nintendo Direct is anything to go by, no new software being developed aside from StarFox and Zelda(which is NX bound, no doubt).

Me not caring about third party support (ASSASSIN'S CREED 18 ON A NINTENDO PLATFORM?! I MEAN, *FINALLY*) and Nintendo needing third party support the same thing they are not. They can pump whatever mainstream gaming friendly console they want, I only care about Nintendo because of the games only they can make happen.

That's fine, but i still don't think you understand my point. Nintendo consoles CANNOT survive on 1st party games alone. They need 3rd party games in order to survive. Every Nintendo aside from the Wii, since the SNES has bombed. Why? Lack of 3rd party games. If someone like EA or Ubisoft don't support you, best of luck to you. I would love to see yearly entries on a Nintendo platform again. I'd be all for buying 1 consoles that can satisfy my 1st and 3rd party needs, but no Nintendo platform has been able to do that in years, hence why i own an XBOX as well.

Oh and the XBOX certainly had a better 1st year line-up then the Wii U, that's for damn sure.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #66 on: November 22, 2015, 06:35:39 am »
"I like the WiiU personally, so it is an absolute fact that it is good, regardless of evidence."

Nintendo fans are the gaming equivalent of feminists.
SEG4GES

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #67 on: November 23, 2015, 12:53:32 pm »
What metroid was for gamecube and what mario was for wii could be zelda for the wii u. Console is still gonna get games which as a whole could stand better against your list pirovash. For example star fox, while im not a fan, could potentially stand against sin & punishment. Zombi U to Red Steel 2. No more heroes/bayonetta 2 and wonderful101. xenoblade/xenoblade. A better fatal frame game than wii. A better donkey kong game. The last story/maybe shin megami tensei x fire emblem? Not a shitty mario kart. Not an underwhelming smash game.There's also unique games like pikmin 3, splatoon and an official fighting game beside smash, like pokken fighter.

The wii remote motion controls for games were also often miss. 3rd parties often didnt utilize it well. Nintendo neither sometimes with Zelda of all franchises

I just wanna make clear this is not me saying that the wii u is amzing. Overall its gonna be underwhelming again. Im only saying that I think its overall getting the edge in a game to game basis for me. And I think if people liked the wii, they'll like the wii u better if they bought it now. The library for a new owner is rich of great selections.

The only way I can see someone prefer wii is if one decided not to invest in the wii u. Like not getting the games because "Its already dead", in which case I dont blame the person. Its definitly a shit console then
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 01:28:07 pm by CrazyT »

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #68 on: November 28, 2015, 02:35:09 pm »
Those were on my top list of Wii games, although there were plenty of other solid 3rd party games like Fragile, RE Railshooters were nice, Arc Rise Fantastia, Trauma Center, Zak and Wiki, etc. While the Wii was a shitfest in terms of quality for most 3rd party, there were quite a few games that stood out. You've gotta think that with the amount of support the Wii had, there were bound to be some gems there.

Honestly though, knowing that the NX is about 1 year away. Would you invest $250 into a console that could be dead in 2 years? Probably not.