Author Topic: New Puyo Puyo Mobile Game: Puyo Puyo!! Touch.  (Read 15433 times)

Offline FlareHabanero

• Total Meseta: 4
  • Resident of Puyo Hell
New Puyo Puyo Mobile Game: Puyo Puyo!! Touch.
« on: November 18, 2015, 09:06:15 am »

https://youtu.be/1V6jqJHO8Gg

https://youtu.be/KlaXP8qEM1Q

https://youtu.be/hoNaanw8tJE

How to Download

To download for people outside of Japan on Android devices, you'll need an app called Qooapp which you can download here. Make sure you temporarily allow any third party apps to be downloaded, otherwise it might not work.

For iOS users, you need to make a Japanese account and download it.

Details
  • Puyo Puyo!! Touch is a mobile game in a vein to Candy Crush where you drag Puyo to replace other Puyo and clear them, with special arrow Puyo that clears everything in that direction.
  • The arrows can be created by clearing 5 or more Puyo, with the color and direction being dependent on what color you swipe and which direction. 5 puyo will create a basic arrow while 6 or more will make a more powerful arrow.
  • The objective is to clear the colors that are instructed, clear all the nuisance, break open boxes, or defeat enemies called Kokoromo.
  • Unlike Puyo Puyo Quest there is no Gacha. Instead you can get assistance by using Madoudama, but to get them you need to pay real cash or get them for free during events. With it you can trade Madoudama to clear a nuisance, change the direction of one of the arrows, change the colors of Puyo or add an additional arrow at any direction.
  • The game runs on a stamina system using hearts. Every time you enter a stage one heart will be used, and you'll automatically receive a heart every 20 minutes. You can hold a maximum of 5 hearts, but you can extend it with heart tickets.
  • You can buy boosts using in game coins that effects how much you score or makes clearing more efficient. You can also get them as a bonus.
  • The game uses a three star ranking. When you gain stars you'll be given free stuff as a bonus. Typically one star gives you a free heart, two stars gives you coins, and three stars gives you badges.
  • You unlock Puyo Puyo characters as you play through the game. though some characters will require the appropriate conditions met Each character has their own attributes that effects the game, for example Ringo will produce a red arrow in the left direction. You activate their skill once a meter is filled from removing Puyo, with chains speeding up the process.  You can also upgrade them with badges you earn.
  • There are currently 66 stages, with more being available later. The stages are divided in 5 worlds, a tutorial cove, a tropical beach, space, Antarctica, and a desert.
  • Once you three star rank every stage in a given world, a fourth star will become available, allowing you to earn more badges.
  • Like Puyo Puyo Quest there are events that will provide free or rare stuff within a limited time.
  • Tapping the treasure chest will make you play a game where you have to clear away as many stars as possible, with treasure chests being earned based on how much you clear. Once played you need to wait 12 hours to play again.
Characters

Playable

Ringo
Amitie
Arle
Cat Arle
Sig
Witch

Unreleased

Cat Sig
Cat Witch
Carbuncle
Rider
Skeleton-T
Schezo
Klug
Raffine
Maguro
Risukuma

Non-Player Character

Ms. Accord

Event

11/30 - 12/10

Arle Event.

5 stages that focus on Arle's ability to shoot down, while introducing the concept of crystal walls and slopes and specialized nuisance Puyo that can only be erased with a specific color. Recommended to use Arle or Cat Arle. Sig could also be used as a more risky yet rewarding alternative.

Screenshots

« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 06:49:26 am by FlareHabanero »

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: New Puyo Puyo Mobile Game: Puyo Puyo!! Touch.
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2015, 11:22:25 am »
Thanks for the tip! Just news'd it!

Offline Nirmugen

• Total Meseta: 11
  • Sneaking around in the city with blue,blue skies
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2015, 11:27:37 am »
This look like a mashup of Puyo Puyo and Chuchu Rocket kinda gameplay. Looks good

Offline FlareHabanero

• Resident of Puyo Hell
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2015, 12:04:06 pm »
I rewatched the footage again and I missed several characters. It will also include Witch, Klug, Raffine, Maguro, and Risukuma too. Apparently there's also some sort of ranking system but I don't know what it means.

The guys on Puyo Nexus will dissect the game once it's properly released, and I'll also be looking out for updates and feedback on Twitter too.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2015, 12:34:46 pm »
Looks good, I like that it has more depth than just matching coloured shapes.
Made by SEGA

Offline ribbitking17

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2015, 01:16:16 pm »
Hooray!

Offline X-Crim

• YU3
    • Sonic Blue Spain
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2015, 01:57:48 pm »
And Windows Phone? :(

Offline FlareHabanero

• Resident of Puyo Hell
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2015, 04:57:30 pm »
For IOS and Android devices as normal.

Offline ribbitking17

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2015, 10:22:12 am »

Offline X-Crim

• YU3
    • Sonic Blue Spain
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2015, 09:13:57 am »
Lol

I'm user of Windows Phone xD I like the OS. So hipster xDDDDD

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2015, 09:37:51 am »
If this comes west, rebranded as 'food friends' I am going to... to... send a very angry tweets... Yeah I got nothing.
Made by SEGA

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2015, 09:55:10 am »
I've said it before, they have the "Mean Bean" name and Sonic sells. Why not revive that and tie it in with Eggman rather than the forgettable Cranky Food Friends. Oddly, Mean Beans and Cranky Food are the same thing... ill tempered foodstuffs.

Offline FlareHabanero

• Resident of Puyo Hell
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2015, 01:29:18 pm »
Here's the issue. Puyo Puyo suffers from a severe case of identity crisis in western territories. Just by going with the first arcade game, we have the obscure English translation that changes most of the names and personality of the characters, Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, Kirby's Avalanche, Timon and Pumbaa's Bug Drop, and Qwirks. What's worse is that future titles don't bother to reverse this stigma. Puyo Puyo makes minimal appearances in crossovers and games that do get released overseas have very little advertisement and under preform as a result. Not to mention the first arcade game is a case of Early Installment Weirdness that future titles fix, most blatantly the sequel Puyo Puyo Tsu. So people judging the entire franchise on that game or it's variants in the first place is a problem in itself. Continuing to push this mentality will only mask the big issue here.

The only difference with Cranky Food Friends is that it's being released in 2015, where people can easily send complaints on varies websites like Twitter or Facebook or look up the truth regarding the Puyo Puyo Quest and Cranky Food Friends fiasco with a quick Google search.

But let me be clear on this: Even if you have no idea about the controversial dolling up, Cranky Food Friends itself still suffers from bad support. It's still soft released and despite updates to it, it's crippled by game breaking bugs to the point where it can end up being unwinnable.

To put things in quick prospective, this is what tetsutaro from Puyo Nexus said after playing Cranky Food Friends.

Keep in mind this guy is basically the leader when it comes to Puyo Puyo Quest stuff. He's not the only one that has negative stuff to say about Cranky Food Friends either.

Anyway, let's not turn this into a Cranky Food Friends debate. Let's worry about that later.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 01:32:36 pm by FlareHabanero »

Offline FlareHabanero

• Resident of Puyo Hell
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2015, 09:46:09 am »
Forgive me for double posting, but on December 6th Sega Networks Fan Thanksgiving 2015 event will talk about Puyo Puyo Touch as one it's mobile games. This include a live trial you can play yourself and a stream, along with news on Puyo Puyo Quest. Any details I'll report here.

Also apparently the game has 50,000 players registered for the game already.

Offline FlareHabanero

• Resident of Puyo Hell
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2015, 12:59:29 pm »
The game will be released tomorrow (or today based on time zones).

All details will be updated on the first post.