Off Topic > Everything Else

Marvel Heroes!

<< < (3/41) > >>

Berto:

--- Quote from: Mystic Monkey on April 10, 2021, 09:16:52 am ---No issue for liking Spider-man. Though I am still on the fence for Tom Holland.

--- End quote ---

Tom Holland version is more like Ultimate Universe version of Spider-Man, not from main universe.
With that in mind, I have no problem on how he is represented.
He does have a kinda similar best friend (Ned is kinda similar to Ganke) and Tony Stark / Iron Man as his mentor.
The difference is Ultimate Universe version of Spider-Man ended up dead (after more than 100 issues), replaced by Miles Morales.

Mystic Monkey:
There are pros and cons I feel over Tom Holland's Spider-man. Sure it's nice they mixed up the formula quite a bit but TOny Stark pretty much replaced Uncle Ben which I don't like much, but Spider-man is now sort of replacing Iron-man which I do sorta like, given I know in mainstream Peter Parker grows up and starts his own science and tech corporation.

I sitll think Tobey Maguire did a great job as Spider-man... up until his third movie. And I can imagine Andrew Garfield Spider-man in the same universe as Tom Hardy Venom.

Berto:

--- Quote from: Mystic Monkey on April 13, 2021, 01:09:57 pm ---There are pros and cons I feel over Tom Holland's Spider-man. Sure it's nice they mixed up the formula quite a bit but TOny Stark pretty much replaced Uncle Ben which I don't like much, but Spider-man is now sort of replacing Iron-man which I do sorta like, given I know in mainstream Peter Parker grows up and starts his own science and tech corporation.
--- End quote ---

Yeah, but his corporation has been dismantled (in order to keep his employees safe) during Secret Empire event.
Now he's back poor and easily depressed again.

--- Quote from: Mystic Monkey on April 13, 2021, 01:09:57 pm ---I sitll think Tobey Maguire did a great job as Spider-man... up until his third movie. And I can imagine Andrew Garfield Spider-man in the same universe as Tom Hardy Venom.

--- End quote ---

Yes, they're now canonically in same universe thanks to No Way Home end credit scene.

No Way Home Proves Tom Hardy’s Venom Is From Andrew Garfield’s Spider-Man Universe
Article : https://www.cbr.com/no-way-home-tom-hardy-venom-from-andrew-garfield-universe/

Mystic Monkey:
I hope it's not the last we'll see of Sam Reimi's original Spider-man.

Berto:

--- Quote from: Mystic Monkey on May 24, 2022, 06:40:25 am ---I hope it's not the last we'll see of Sam Reimi's original Spider-man.

--- End quote ---

Raimi said it was “possible” for the Spider-Man 4 to happen : “I’ve come to realize after making Doctor Strange that anything is possible, really anything in the Marvel universe, any team-ups,”
But sadly that's up to Sony.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version