Author Topic: What are you playing, stupid?  (Read 736597 times)

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
Re: What are you playing, stupid?
« Reply #1560 on: September 12, 2011, 10:44:39 am »
All those stages have segments that are broken, in one way, shape or form. Crisis City just seem like the one that actually plays better out of all of them. The tornado section is actually pretty easy, when you see the tornado chasing you, just do some light dashes on the line of rings. Somehow I managed to pull this off easier than with Sonic Unleashed (I guess the shoulder dash kinda made things way too easy for me).

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
« Reply #1561 on: September 16, 2011, 04:22:40 pm »
I'm playing Renegade Ops and Duke Nukem Forever which are both super fun!
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!

Offline max_cady

« Reply #1562 on: September 16, 2011, 06:15:43 pm »

I was playing the Flame Core stage with Sonic and I laughed my butt off on some of those sections.

In the first 20 seconds of the stage, the game sorta plays by itself, after that, well if you can past one or two annoying sections, especially Knuckle's section where you have to punch some weird orbs to light them up. Shame that the game never tells you that those orbs stay that way for a short while so your timing must be nearly flawless.

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #1563 on: September 21, 2011, 09:08:00 am »
I just scored my 10th Platinum trophy last night :D.
After thoroughly getting my money's worth with inFamous 2, I'm having trouble deciding what game to tackle next. Right now it's a toss up between Shadows of the Damned or Resistance 3...
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 09:10:17 am by SOUP »

Offline SOUP

« Reply #1564 on: September 22, 2011, 07:51:51 am »
I started up Shadows of the Damned. It's pretty close to what I was expecting (RE4 meets No More Heroes), so I'm enjoying it :).

Offline max_cady

« Reply #1565 on: September 22, 2011, 08:31:09 am »

I finished Silver's story in one go. His stages are the more accessible ones and less broken out of the bunch, but the Piramid stage is a little annoying. Someone actually thought it was a good idea to have a pool puzzle game in this stage.

If you can time it right, you can do it with just two Silver psychic pimp slaps. The boss battles are hilariously easy to the point of being just a time waster.

Now Shadow's portion of the game is where unfortunately the s*** really hits the fan. He plays like Sonic but it's like Hard Mode, his stages are mostly mission based, not exactly reach the end of the stage of anything.

Sonic's stages are still somewhat fun once you get around the tricky parts, Silver's stages are a breeze, but Shadow's stages on the other hand...

Offline SOUP

« Reply #1566 on: September 23, 2011, 01:32:19 pm »
I started playing through Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters with my girlfriend last night.
We managed to get through a little over half of the game in one sitting.
I don't think it'll win any game of the year awards, but it's pretty darn fun for what it is. You've got beat 'em up levels where you can use a bunch of different ring constructs, broken up by the odd flying rail-shooter level.

The environments are pretty nice looking too :).

Offline max_cady

« Reply #1567 on: September 23, 2011, 07:24:21 pm »

'Kay, I got Resident Evil 4 to finish, 007: Bloodstone and I just pre-ordered Sonic Generations for the 360. But first, I have to fight this battle with Sonic '06 just one more time...

I'm nearly at the end of Shadow's story and I did it in just one sitting. Tomorrow, I plan to beat that game and fight the final boss battle.
Shadow's stages are a mesh of reused portions of Sonic and Silver stages with the addition of vehicles, which in this game, are for the most part, pointless, the hand-glider sections are a joke, because it is virtually impossible to lose, even if you take damage, is is minimal...

Also, why does Rouge just simply lob grenades when we all know she's a skilled hand-to-hand fighter? And I just noticed something that's way creepier than Elise x Sonic. In one of the hub worlds there's a middle-aged man called "Middle-Aged Man" who appears to be stalking her and commenting on her looks.

MFW:

Offline SOUP

« Reply #1568 on: September 24, 2011, 08:51:04 am »
@max_cady: Is that the new HD port of RE4?

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #1569 on: September 24, 2011, 09:09:04 am »
Blood Rayne, also got Renegade Ops but haven't put in time on this one yet.

I think I'm also going to try to beat the first Deathspank, I got stuck on it before.

Offline SOUP

« Reply #1570 on: September 27, 2011, 09:34:47 am »
I made a ton of game progress over the past weekend. 
First off, I finished playing through Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters with my girlfriend, and got my 11th platinum trophy not long afterwards. I don't see it winning game of the year or anything, but it was pretty fun :D.

I also beat Shadows of the Damned. It's a bit messed up, in similar ways to No More Heroes, but equally fun.  The gameplay's very similar to RE4, but has a big emphasis on Light/Dark puzzles. It's a little rough around the edges (lots of texture pop-in), but if you can get past some of the flaws, it's a gem of a game. I'd highly recommend checking it out if you can find it for around $30.

Offline tarpmortar

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #1571 on: September 27, 2011, 04:17:17 pm »
Alpha Protocol for me. Thanks Steam.

Offline SOUP

« Reply #1572 on: September 28, 2011, 11:31:59 am »
I'm about half-way through Resistance 3.
I'm enjoying it so far, but it's taking a while to get used to relying on health packs in a shooter again. I keep hiding behind things and waiting for my health to come back, but I just keep on dying :(. I'll just have to be a bit more carefull I guess.
The whole game seems a lot closer to Fall of Man in the way that it plays than Resistance 2.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #1573 on: September 29, 2011, 03:21:15 am »
I just finished Sonic 2006 last night.

The actual final boss battle is way easier than what I remembered, but the End of the World stage before... Oh, come on! Cheapest stage ever...

With Tails it's pretty easy, same with Omega, Knuckles is also a breeze, but Silver's portion of that stage... Sweet Mary and Joseph, it's the hardest Silver stage ever. One minor mistake will send back to the already tricky first portion of the stage. Then afterwards, Amy, Rouge and Shadow's portions are a walk in the park too.

Well, that's an interesting trip down memory lane...

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
« Reply #1574 on: September 30, 2011, 07:39:34 pm »
I just finished Yakuza 3 and it was quite excellent. I laughed, I cried, I just loved it!
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!