Author Topic: Back in the days topic  (Read 12958 times)

Offline semmie

• Banned
Back in the days topic
« on: December 03, 2012, 03:04:17 pm »
a confession to all sega peeps
back in the days i used to fight nintendo owners. and actually fight them till they ran away. in the early nineties things got escalated when i was alone and 5 nintendo peeps against me

and seriouzsly the would actually hit me with that nintendo glove.

(i swear)

and then my sega peeps and i took revenge an freak them up real bad.

dont u guys miss the old days where sega actually was a norm and a thing to have. i can still feel it. but i wish i was back in time with my megadrive.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
Re: Back in the days topic
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 03:33:22 pm »
You actually got into fights over videogames?

Hell, I had my share of "shut up, Sega is the best thing ever" but never got myself in that kinda trouble.
SEG4GES

Offline Randroid

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 06:11:41 pm »
a confession to all sega peeps
back in the days i used to fight nintendo owners. and actually fight them till they ran away. in the early nineties things got escalated when i was alone and 5 nintendo peeps against me

and seriouzsly the would actually hit me with that nintendo glove.

(i swear)

and then my sega peeps and i took revenge an freak them up real bad.

dont u guys miss the old days where sega actually was a norm and a thing to have. i can still feel it. but i wish i was back in time with my megadrive.

^^HAHA, for real?

but seriously though, I was sort of feeling what you're talking about in the last couple of sentences. I feel defeated every time I boot up xbox or ps3. Such sub par gaming systems in every way.

Whenever an article piece comes out with a hypothesis of what a new or current sega system would be like, it always contains fantastical concepts, because sega was all about that during their hardware reign.

I really was disappointed in the gamer community when the playstation was first released and then again when the dreamcast died. Where was the gamer pride and loyalty? To imagine that gamers would support a soulless electronics company to provide them with their gaming system. I could understand nintendo fanboyism as at least they have gamer cred, but sony? Microsoft?

It never made sense to me. My initial gut reaction was always, "what the fuck do they know about gaming?" and the feeling I got from MS and Sony was that if they could crush out your treasured gaming establishments and replace them with their crap, they would do it in a heartbeat.

As far as nintendo goes, at least they have a defined identity. When you look at a nintendo character, it can easily be seen as one. When I first saw Playstation AllStar Battle Royale I had to laugh. When you look at the characters that Sony has tried to make a smash brothers game out of, you can see just how devoid of any creativity their whole gaming footprint is. If Microsoft tried it, it would be even more ridiculous. Master Chief and Marcus Feonix teaming up against Fable dude. 

When I play any Nintendo system, I can immediately get a "nintendo feel" from what I'm playing (even if I don't prefer it). Whenever I play any Sega system I immediately get a "Sega Feel" from what I'm playing. It's as though everything, the system, the games, the controller are designed to reproduce a very intentional feel. When I boot up PS3 or Xbox, I feel nothing. A mish-mash, haphazard collection of memes and flavours of the month packaged and running on a machine with borrowed designs and No Identity, which boots up to advertisements to random, non-gaming related crap like movies and soft drinks.

The worst is running sega games on these machines. I never feel good or right playing anything with a sega logo on non-sega hardware. I just can't shake that feeling that something pivotal in the design in gone and will never return.

I went to Tokyo back in 2010. Wow, never smiled so much in my life. Sega arcades EVERYWHERE. With Sega Hardware running Original, Brilliant SEGA TITLES on them.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 06:50:50 pm »
I remember shanking people who owned an Atari Jaguar with a home-made shiv.

Good times.

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 11:16:18 pm »
Shit got real for me in second grade when I was surrounded in the far corner of the playground by a bunch of Intellivision thugs who were all third graders.  They started trying to whip me with their controllers, but the cords were so short they just ended up slicing at empty air.  Then I pulled out a sharpened 2600 joystick and gave one of 'em a permanent Atari logo on his cheek.  I ain't proud of it or nothin' but, sheeee...  that's how the console wars used to be, and that was even before things got serious in the 8-bit era.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2012, 07:57:46 am »
I killed a little boy on black friday because he was reaching for a Wii U...  :(

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2012, 08:47:53 am »
Yeah I remember those good old times. I got into this fight where some boy tried to strangle me with a nes controller, but then when I thought about my mega drive at home, all of a sudden I felt this amazing power inside of me, and beated his ass like he never experienced before.

(what will new members think of us lol)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 09:18:00 am by CrazyTails »

Offline thearcticsea

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2012, 10:01:18 am »
Can we all just agree that Semmie is a completely delusional, borderline insane person? This kid is fucking bonkers.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2012, 10:50:22 am »
Can we all just agree that Semmie is a completely delusional, borderline insane person? This kid is fucking bonkers.
SEG4GES

Offline semmie

• Banned
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2012, 11:20:26 am »

whatever man. thats how it went in here. i still remember playing sonic the hedgehog 1 with the official sega megadrive arcade stick.(the one with only three buttons) on a tv in the corner. there were guys in the early stage of playstation that bought it. and they actually compromisd the brotherhood. this was untill i was alone with a few left. but we enjoyed still.

yeah i used to kick them hard cuz the nintendo fans of back then were seriously different peeps. they would actually say that mario bros 1 looked better then alex kidd in miracle world. while we all know that aint true. mario was just a pixel innit?

there were magazines back in the days lik emean machine sega or sega mega force. where we would send draws we made. one of my best was that i drawed sonic overiding mario untill his freaking eyeballs popped out with bloodstains on the ground dragging him
that turned out to be a 1 page comic.

lucky me they actually accepted my 1 page comic and put it on sega mega force in belgium.

Offline thearcticsea

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2012, 11:24:52 am »
I understand your stories may have some very tenuous basis in real life fact, but that doesn't change that you're literally insane.

I don't just mean this thread. Every post you make is either tinged or fully dyed with wacko-juice.

Offline semmie

• Banned
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2012, 11:51:44 am »
I understand your stories may have some very tenuous basis in real life fact, but that doesn't change that you're literally insane.

I don't just mean this thread. Every post you make is either tinged or fully dyed with wacko-juice.

i just gave you kudos bro. i am meant to be insane n the M brain

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2012, 12:05:06 pm »
i just gave you kudos bro. i am meant to be insane n the M brain
AHAH this cracked me up
SEG4GES

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2012, 01:40:46 pm »
I'm gonna have to side with thearcticsea. Semmie, dude, you have gotta stop constantly making these nonsense topics. The topics seem to only make sense to you, and to be honest it is nearly impossible to decipher what exactly you're trying to say.

Really, I'd like to know the point of this topic?

Back in the days (the 90's? who knows) you got into physical fights with Nintendo fans and they used accessories as weapons. And your point in making this topic is to... tell us you miss the old days?

Offline ungibbed

• Total Meseta: 4
  • hater of haters...
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2012, 01:46:52 pm »
I remember a lot of console wars over the years with people throwing numbers around that they read in magazines and just blind fanboyism.

Many people never knew that the old Intelivision was the FIRST 16 bit console long before the days of the Nintendo vs Sega wars. I had the luck of owning both which was great but man some of them arguments were just plain nuts. Made me want to smack them upside the head with my old Apple //c (complete with carry handle!).
I despise ignorant fanboys. Enjoy the great games on all systems or platforms. There is no reason for blind hate...