Author Topic: Saturn Memories  (Read 52852 times)

Offline Saturn Memories

• Total Meseta: 3
  • In orbit around 1996.
    • Saturn Memories
Saturn Memories
« on: November 05, 2013, 10:00:41 pm »
Hey, Sega fans! Check out my channel, Saturn Memories, on YouTube! I mostly cover Sega's mid-'90s catalog along with some later renditions of games from that era. Right now the channel is pretty much just filled with gameplays/plathroughs, but I plan to start posting reviews early next year.

To the mods: I didn't notice a rules list on the forum, so I hope I'm not violating policy by posting this here. If you need to delete this thread, I'll understand. Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 05:17:10 pm by Saturn Memories »
Saturn Memories: A look back upon Sega in the mid-'90s. Featuring Saturn, ST-V, Model 2, and MORE!
Twitter: @SaturnMemories

Offline nuckles87

• Total Meseta: 7
Re: Saturn Memories
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 07:27:37 am »
Awesome! I hope you'll cover some of the more obscure and import only Saturn/Model 2 games. There really is no good resource for this stuff, ESPECIALLY Model 2 games.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 07:32:42 am by nuckles87 »

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 07:34:59 am »
great stuff man! No worries, there in no rule against sharing your work here. Looking forward to your reviews!

Offline mylifewithsega

• Total Meseta: -65531
  • "Just stick it in your Genesis!"
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 09:49:59 am »
Hey, bro! You've commented on our videos. Welcome to the board! :D Great fuckin' videos by the way.
Master-Cast TV: The Four-Mega Web Series!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC74cjduzFdR2ZXCt0bQv_0Q

Offline Saturn Memories

• In orbit around 1996.
    • Saturn Memories
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 11:31:37 am »
Wow, thanks everyone! I went ahead and added your channel to my "Featured Channels" tab. I don't get a whole heckuva lot of traffic, but who knows, it might help!

Awesome! I hope you'll cover some of the more obscure and import only Saturn/Model 2 games. There really is no good resource for this stuff, ESPECIALLY Model 2 games.

I'll definitely be playing a bunch more Saturn games (domestic and import). I just need to a resolve an issue with my PC that's giving me some emulation issues that I've never had before. If that doesn't work out, I guess I'll be investing in some capture equipment. My collection is fairly big and mostly made up of imports, but I don't have everything I'd like to have. Plus there are just some games that benefit immensely from a modern analog controller. Gale Racer and Sega Touring Car are virtually unplayable with a digital Saturn pad and not much better with the wheel or 3D controller. With a 360 controller, they're actually fairly solid.

Hey, bro! You've commented on our videos. Welcome to the board! :D Great fuckin' videos by the way.

Yep, really like your reviews, AJ! Keep 'em up!
Saturn Memories: A look back upon Sega in the mid-'90s. Featuring Saturn, ST-V, Model 2, and MORE!

Offline mylifewithsega

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 12:00:31 pm »
Dude, you should do a video showcasing your collection. I'm sure we could convince George or Barry to post it.

As for my reviews, thank you very much. I really appreciate it. Just wait until Liam Ashcroft's new series, This is Saturn, starts up later this month. He's doing a video for Daytona USA. I'll be concentrating on Fantasy Zone (SMS) and Game Gear. Hoping to tackle Home Alone (GEN) and Shinobi (SMS/GEN/GG/SAT) very soon.

Offline Saturn Memories

• In orbit around 1996.
    • Saturn Memories
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2013, 01:12:19 pm »
Dude, you should do a video showcasing your collection. I'm sure we could convince George or Barry to post it.

I don't own a video camera, and I don't have anywhere to display my games anymore. All I have to show you are a couple old low-res photos.

These don't even account for my US Saturn games and my Sega Ages 2500 games. I also collected quite a bit more since these photos were taken, including a Japanese Model 2 Saturn.

As for my reviews, thank you very much. I really appreciate it. Just wait until Liam Ashcroft's new series, This is Saturn, starts up later this month. He's doing a video for Daytona USA. I'll be concentrating on Fantasy Zone (SMS) and Game Gear. Hoping to tackle Home Alone (GEN) and Shinobi (SMS/GEN/GG/SAT) very soon.

Nice! I look forward to it all!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 01:14:24 pm by Saturn Memories »

Offline mylifewithsega

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2013, 01:19:12 pm »
 :o

*jaw drops in a puddle of drool*

I so envy you right now, it's not even funny.

Offline TJKitsune

• Total Meseta: 13
  • That Crazy Fox
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2013, 06:36:15 pm »
That is...one frickin' sweet collection!  My gawd!

Offline Saturn Memories

• In orbit around 1996.
    • Saturn Memories
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2013, 02:43:26 am »
Thanks guys! I started rebuilding and expanding upon my Saturn collection about four years ago. I've got a lot of great games in there, but not everything I wanted. After a certain point, I stopped collecting as prices were starting to get pretty ridiculous. I had hoped they would come down after a while, but nope!

:o

*jaw drops in a puddle of drool*

I so envy you right now, it's not even funny.

I'm a bit jealous of you, AJ. You've got a copy of PD Saga after all. I refused to pay $200 for sealed copies of the game when I was collecting. Nowadays, $200 is looking like a bargain compared to the prices it currently fetches.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 02:47:13 am by Saturn Memories »

Offline mylifewithsega

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2013, 10:19:40 am »
I'm a bit jealous of you, AJ. You've got a copy of PD Saga after all. I refused to pay $200 for sealed copies of the game when I was collecting. Nowadays, $200 is looking like a bargain compared to the prices it currently fetches.

Pure luck and great timing. My mom found a seller on eBay with Panzer Dragoon, Panzer Dragoon II Zwei and Panzer Dragoon Saga - all CIB and great shape - for $200. In the end, she nabbed the lot for $286. The entire trilogy in awesome shape? Totally worth it.

Offline Saturn Memories

• In orbit around 1996.
    • Saturn Memories
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2013, 10:54:08 am »
Pure luck and great timing. My mom found a seller on eBay with Panzer Dragoon, Panzer Dragoon II Zwei and Panzer Dragoon Saga - all CIB and great shape - for $200. In the end, she nabbed the lot for $286. The entire trilogy in awesome shape? Totally worth it.

Damn, that is lucky. One of these days I might take the plunge, but for now, I'll just have to be content with the other three PD games.

Offline Emmett The Crab

• Total Meseta: 24
  • Smotrenfu!
    • http://www.CliveBarkerCast.com
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2013, 02:00:55 am »
I got Saga and Shining Force 3 for $180.00 in 1999 on Ebay.  Then I sold SF3 on Ebay for $200, so I made a profit on it. 

Offline Saturn Memories

• In orbit around 1996.
    • Saturn Memories
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2013, 11:14:13 am »
I found a workaround for my issue with SSF, so I can finally get away from Model 2 and ST-V for a bit and play some Saturn games!

Anyway, here's Gale Racer, which I'm playing with a 360 pad. While the Saturn 3D controller can be used with a number of racing games, it's pretty loose and not well-suited for anything other than NiGHTS. Modern gamepads with true analog sticks are much more precise and make a huge difference, especially with games that are notoriously difficult to control like Gale Racer and Sega Touring Car Championship. Take a look for yourself!

LINK

« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 11:16:07 am by Saturn Memories »

Offline Saturn Memories

• In orbit around 1996.
    • Saturn Memories
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2013, 10:54:34 pm »
Time to retire some skin-jobs! I-I mean...save the doctor...and his daughter or something... Whatever! It's Night Striker S!

http://youtu.be/kc_qWvq9508