Author Topic: Saturn Memories  (Read 52857 times)

Offline Saturn Memories

• Total Meseta: 3
  • In orbit around 1996.
    • Saturn Memories
Re: Saturn Memories
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2013, 09:47:40 am »
If I remember correctly, wasn't there an NES game?

Wouldn't know unless I looked it up. If it exists though, I'm sure it can't be very good. Not many movie license NES games are.

Funny you should mention that. I was going to re-visit Die Hard Arcade with Lauren since I didn't go into the multiplayer in my review.

Oh, that's right! I totally forgot that you already covered DHA and Trilogy before.

Unfortunately, Lauren is now my boss, so we can't make any more videos together unless I get promoted or switch jobs. Our workplace has a strict "no fraternization" policy in place....

It sucks.

Ah, that does suck. C'est la vie...
Saturn Memories: A look back upon Sega in the mid-'90s. Featuring Saturn, ST-V, Model 2, and MORE!
Twitter: @SaturnMemories

Offline Saturn Memories

• In orbit around 1996.
    • Saturn Memories
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2013, 09:50:12 am »
Saturn Memories: A look back upon Sega in the mid-'90s. Featuring Saturn, ST-V, Model 2, and MORE!

Offline Saturn Memories

• In orbit around 1996.
    • Saturn Memories
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2014, 03:25:23 am »

Offline Saturn Memories

• In orbit around 1996.
    • Saturn Memories
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2014, 01:35:54 pm »

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2014, 02:14:49 pm »
Wanted to say, I love your videos dude! It's hard to find quality footage of classic games without commentary. Not to say I dislike commentary, but it's great to hear all the in-game audio uninterrupted.

Offline Saturn Memories

• In orbit around 1996.
    • Saturn Memories
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2014, 03:08:49 pm »
Wanted to say, I love your videos dude! It's hard to find quality footage of classic games without commentary. Not to say I dislike commentary, but it's great to hear all the in-game audio uninterrupted.

Thanks, Barry! I'm not too great talking off the cuff, so I just let the videos speak for themselves. Well, that and a large share of my audience is from Japan and Korea. If I did talk over my videos, I doubt they'd get much out of it.

At some point, I am hoping to do reviews, but I haven't noticed any recent updates on the editing software I was banking on using. Development may have stalled. :\

Offline mylifewithsega

• Total Meseta: -65531
  • "Just stick it in your Genesis!"
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2014, 04:45:43 pm »
What kind of hardware do you use?
Master-Cast TV: The Four-Mega Web Series!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC74cjduzFdR2ZXCt0bQv_0Q

Offline Saturn Memories

• In orbit around 1996.
    • Saturn Memories
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2014, 06:06:10 pm »
I emulate and capture everything via a Lenovo Y580 laptop w/ a 2.40GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB of RAM, and a Nvidia GeForce GTX 660M video card. Runs most games great, but capturing certain ones can be problematic. If overheating weren't an issue, I'd have had a Gunblade NY video up months ago.

I think getting an external capture device would take some strain off the laptop, but there aren't any reasonably priced ones out right now that can do 1080p at 60fps except for the new one from Avermedia. Unfortunately, it has a ton of other issues.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 06:12:26 pm by Saturn Memories »

Offline Saturn Memories

• In orbit around 1996.
    • Saturn Memories
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2014, 11:03:36 pm »
I'm not a huge fan of puzzle games, but this one was quite fun. Plays like a hybrid of Tetris and Lemmings.

http://youtu.be/QMA1kYjLKNg

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2014, 07:20:41 am »
Motor Raid deserves a track in a SEGA All Stars Racing game....why has this not happened? D:
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline Saturn Memories

• In orbit around 1996.
    • Saturn Memories
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2014, 07:07:00 pm »
Motor Raid deserves a track in a SEGA All Stars Racing game....why has this not happened? D:

It's a pretty obscure game. I doubt you'll ever see Sega revisit it in any way.

Offline nuckles87

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2014, 09:41:29 pm »
Yeah. I've never heard of it until now...

Offline Saturn Memories

• In orbit around 1996.
    • Saturn Memories
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2014, 12:04:31 am »
This is a port of a Model 2 game I did a playthrough of earlier. Unfortunately, you can't pull off crazy powerslides like in the arcade version, but the driving is still fairly solid and there's a neat 24-hour endurance race mode. You can play for either 12, 24, or 48 minutes. You'll need to pit in at least every three laps to refuel and repair. Heck, if you have a second controller plugged in, there's even an option to let Player 2 drive for a while! Fun game!

http://youtu.be/-8DxMVp83qo

Offline Saturn Memories

• In orbit around 1996.
    • Saturn Memories
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2014, 10:52:00 pm »

Offline Bartman3010

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2014, 02:46:44 pm »
After I lost my original Saturn (and not having many games for it) I've been wanting to get on eBay to get my collection rebuilt with some of the bigger games to land on the system. That said, I haven't even considered getting imported games for the system. Japan got a LOT of Saturn games we didn't, and they're all interesting and kind of quirky. What are some recommendations?

Some of the rarer games I got include Magic Knight Rayearth and Saturn Bomberman. I've been wanting to at least pick up the first Panzer Dragoon, but people keep hiking up the price on that game. After it became difficult to find Saturn games for cheap, I started going after Dreamcast games I missed, which is much easier to handle.